Chaper 1 Scene 3:Lilith's staff

Chaper 1 Scene 3:Lilith's staff

A Chapter by Glazier
"

With the light now starting to fade, Lilith uses her staff and calls for a sphere of light to light their way.

"

      As Lilith and her animal companions continue their trek through the forest, she notices the fading light and then calls upon her staff for assistance.

 

 An hour into her trek into the silent forest, Lilith noticed that the day's light was starting to wane. With the light slowly fading away, she lifted her staff that she held firmly in her left hand and holding it out before her said,"I summon forth light that may guide our path." and as though light itself was summoned forth, a ball of white light issued forth set within the space of her staff's carved antlers. Her staff was her pride and joy (next to her two animal companions' of course.). The top half was carved of Ash and had at its top the shape and image of a stages head with long carved Ash antlers emerging from either side of its head. The bottom half of her staff was made of Oak and so too was finally carved with images of entwined leafs and pine needles to its front and rear facing sides and the images of a long and winding streams on the same sides as the antlers faced out towards. The top half of the staff was a pure white in colour and the bottom was a rich medium colour of brown. The last thing of note for the staff was that it was capped at its very bottom in a sharp metal cap made of the purest of silver.

    

     As the shimmering ball of light held itself suspended between the stage's carved and branching antlers, Lilith merely commanded of the ball of light by saying,"Forward." and as commanded a wide beam of light did cast forward before them, some ten feet of distance now being able to be easily seen."Come on you two, let's get going before we lose the light completely." With that the three of them moved out once more, and with the sun and its rays fading from the daytime sky the three of them made little haste but rather moved with all speed and with great earnest.



© 2011 Glazier


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
Added on April 4, 2011
Last Updated on April 4, 2011


Author

Glazier
Glazier

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
Hi, may Name is Geogre Glazier and I'm 34. I haven't had much time to be online on Writerscafe for the past while because I've gotten back to my writing. I'm still trying to finish off a book I've bee.. more..

Writing