Chapter 3 scene 12 As the night wares on  (and the past of Jasper)

Chapter 3 scene 12 As the night wares on (and the past of Jasper)

A Chapter by Glazier
"

As the night continues to ware on and the group continues to converse about their pasts, it comes down to Jasper to relate his tale.

"

As the night wore on the moon climbed higher over head, appearing to some (like that of Lilith and Mike) to indicate around the nine pm hour, Jasper now decided it was time for him to relate that of his own tale to the group (especially since there was one among them that did not know about his past).

    

     "Well" started Jasper as he related his own tale,"I was born and raised a Christian, and still am. I believe in God, and will to my dying day and beyond. But besides that, I was born in New York and lived half my life there until I was ten when my dad, in his line of work which was building cars, was transferred to what at that time was the outskirts of Toronto. I lived on the outskirts of what was Toronto, not far from Hamilton, and my dad commuted to work everyday to work in a car manufacturing plant." as Jasper paused a moment, while trying all the while to come up with the words with which to relate his tale (finding for the moment that they escaped him) he thought back to his early years when he first learned of magic and how he had kept this knowledge and his using of magic hidden from his family (for fear of how they might have reacted) and he had then decided from their that he would relate his life's tale.
    
     "At the age of ten I first learned of magic, but it wasn't until the age of twelve that I was first taught the art. The spells I first learned were relatively easy ones. From spells of warmth and cold, which helped to warm me or cool me off when I needed it, too a simple energy spell I used in that time before I was allowed to drink coffee, which I used to perk me up in the off times that was drowsy in the mornings. Though seldom I would need the spell for that reason since I'm usually a morning person."

    

     As Jasper paused a moment to take a sip of water from his cup to moisten his throat, he thought of how many spells have multiple uses, such as the energy spell. With his throat now moistened Jasper continued by saying,"I also learned that many spells had multiple uses, such as the energy spell. At the age of sixteen I learned that a energy spell used on a dead car battery would bring it back to life. Since my parents did not know that I knew and had used magic on the batteries, that they had just assumed that it was a miracle, and perhaps in some way it was. Since it is God who gives us abilities in which we are to use them for good, and good alone."

    

     "So you never told them of your use of magic, your parents and family I mean?" asked a sad sounding Lilith of Jasper. The tone of sadness in her voice no doubt there because Jasper felt that he had to hide his God given gift of being able to both control and use magic from both his parents and family as a whole, rather than allowing those he loved to know of his gift and be content in their knowledge that he used it for good and good alone.

    

     "No. I never told them, I never really told anyone." replied and equally sad sounding Jasper with an equal measure of regret in his tone of voice (regret perhaps of a decision made not to say anything about his gift, when in fact it might have been the wrong decision not to tell them).

    

     "Maybe." continued Jasper after a few thoughtful moments as he thought on the subject of his hiding his ability,"Maybe, if everything works out and we all survive this ordeal of ours, than I might be able to invite them to our new world to come see it for themselves. And then they would know for sure that I used my gift for good and nothing else."

    

     "Though in truth I always believed that my sister Paula suspected that I had something to do with those little miracles, but if she truly did then she never let on to anyone else about the subject."

    

     "As for what I hope for the future is this, I hope that we win this upcoming war and vanquish the Gray Ones once and for all, and bring peace back to the land. And on a personal note" finished Jasper with a look of longing appearing on his face,"I hope that one day I can tell my family about my gift and that they could learn to except me for it, perhaps my sister Paula already has."

    

     "Well, that's my story in a brief nutshell. Well then who's next?" asked Jasper as he at last finally finished the telling of his own story.

    

     "I suppose I'll go next, then Mike you can go after me. Let's save the pasts of Tracy and Sue for last, that way Tracy will know of us first, that way it might make it a little easier for her to relate her story to us." said Lilith as she prepared to relate her own story once more, this time to the group.

    

     "Well" began Lilith as she started with her own story once more



© 2011 Glazier


Author's Note

Glazier
Please tell me what you think about this scene. Thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
Added on August 9, 2011
Last Updated on August 9, 2011


Author

Glazier
Glazier

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
Hi, may Name is Geogre Glazier and I'm 34. I haven't had much time to be online on Writerscafe for the past while because I've gotten back to my writing. I'm still trying to finish off a book I've bee.. more..

Writing