Chapter 2 Scene 5:The trek (and the thoughts of Sue)

Chapter 2 Scene 5:The trek (and the thoughts of Sue)

A Chapter by Glazier
"

As the five trek through the silent forest, Lilith's spell (a sphere of light) finds them and guides them safely to their other companions who are waiting.

"

Desc:As the five of them trekked through the silent forest about them (guided by a sphere of light) they find themselveswondering that when they reach their companions, just what the new world will be like.

 

 

 As the five of them trekked into the forest, with the light of the sun now dipped lower towards the treeline and the eventual setting of the sun and oncoming moonlight, the group knew of this trek that it would take a little while yet before they reached their final destination and that was the portal and their other two companions, and as such they also knew that the sun would have set by then. And since they had no other obvious sources of light, they wondered to themselves just how they would make their trek towards the center of the forest and their two other companions that now waited for them.

    

     As the five of them traveled through the forest (with as much as thirty minutes of sunlight left remaining for their trek to still yet be safe) they were surprised to witness right before their eyes the sight of a sphere of light come streaking right towards them. The sphere as it approached them, stopped some five feet in front of them and just stood hovering there as if beckoning them forward.

    

     "What is it, other than a sphere of light I mean?" asked Sue as she stared at the sphere of light in wonder as it hovered just a mere few feet in front of her.

     

     "A spell of some sort I would wager." stated Jasper as he pulled up along side her, the look on his own face showing more interest in it rather than wonder or surprise.

    

     As Sue looked on she stepped forward a foot than oddly (she thought to herself) she circled the sphere of light once (almost as if she was trying to accept that it was real after all).

    

     "It must be from your friend Lilith" stated the woman to whom all the rest knew almost nothing about.

     "Our friend, my beloved." corrected Sue of her beloved as she turned both her head, eyes, and attention away from the sphere as it hovered almost motionlessly in the open air."I, as did she, forgot to introduce my beloved to you. My beloved's name is Tracy, Tracy Moore." said Sue with a look of pride and of even greater love showing on her face and glowing in her eyes.

    

     With the look of pride and greater love showing both own her own face and shining in her eyes too, Tracy looked as if she took pride as well at the thought that those around her and those yet still to come were her friends as well.

    

     "We best follow it then, if it was indeed sent by Lilith from them to us, then it must have been sent to lead us from here to there." stated Sue as she moved to stand by her most beloved Tracy's right hand side (as did Tracy stand to the right of Jasper and just even a little further still did Tracy stand to the right of the sphere).

    

     "Don't worry" said Jasper to Tracy as he showed her a kind and gentle smile,"You are as much a friend to us as we are to you. I think I speak for all of us when I say this" he finished as he swept his right arm in an arch to show that he meant it for all of them,"that we all see you as one of us. And that I mean."

    

     "I agree" stated Trevor with a warm smile for her of his own.

    

     "dido, the same goes for me." said William as the two of them (both he and Trevor) walked up closer to stand just a short distance behind the three of them.

    

     "Lets get going then" said Sue as she prepared to step forward into the encroaching darkness as the sun continued its descent towards the horizon and its setting, and as though the Sphere yet understood her words, the sphere darted forwards ever deeper into the woods beyond, always keeping a mere five feet in front of them at all times.

    

     As the five of them moved off in the direction of the pull of the gateway to the other world, the sphere of light illuminated the ground before them, leaving nothing unseen to the naked eye as to what the ground and its every nook and cranny had in store for them.

    

     As the five of them continued their trek through the silent forest (with only the sound of their own footfalls and voices giving any sound to the permanent silence around them) their feet still finding safe ground from which to walk on thanks to the sphere of light that still guided them, the sun was now no more than a red sliver in the now deepening darkness of the sky and the area about them.

    

     As they continued to travel along,Trevor pointed in the direction before them and said,"Look, there seems to be a campfire in the not to distance ahead of us."

    

     And as the five of them came to a stop, Sue looked behind her at her most beloved and asked,"Tracy, if you could my dear." and as she said this she pointed to a tree off to her left some five feet in front but to the left of her. The tree was tall, some thirty feet tall, all had guessed, and it had spiraling branches all around the perimeter of its trunk (starting some ten feet off of the ground) thick and sturdy branches (one that could and would no doubt bare the weight of either Tracy or Sue). The branches were arranged a full foot above and a half a foot in front of one another. This spiraling of branches running to just five feet short of the top of the tree.

    

     With the request now made and the job now made clear, Tracy went to work on Sue's request. As Tracy walked forward towards the tree, she stopped just underneath the first of the branches, and starring up at her target, jumped (literally) into action. Crouching low to the ground, Tracy then sprang (sprang like a giant, tightly compressed spring let lose) into the air above her own head. As she covered the ten feet from her crouched stance on the forest floor to just below the first of the tree's branches, she grasped the branch tight with both hands.

    

     As Sue watched Tracy hull herself up to stand on the branch, Sue found herself once more growing with pride. For though Tracy had not received the intense training from the masters that she herself had, it made Sue proud that she could impart some of what she knew to Tracy, the one to whom Sue's soul and love both belonged to.

    

     As Sue watched Tracy wind her way around the trunk of the tree by the way she leaped from one branch to the next, She wonder to herself just how much longer it would take for the five of them to reach the others.

    

     As Tracy reached as far as she could go by means of the winding branches, she then cast her eyes in the direction to where they thought the possible campfire was and said,"It is a campfire, and there seems to be two people sitting in front of it. Both are facing one another. The one closest to us is kneeling and the one farthest from us is sitting. We will be there shortly." finished Tracy of her description of what still lay before them.

    

     "Thank you, my love" called out Sue to Tracy, and at those words and at the hearing of her voice, Tracy looked down at her and even through the darkening sky, Sue still could she that lovely smile on her love's face (the smile that had beckoned Sue to love her, her the most loved of all things).

    

     As Tracy then descended the winding branches back down to earth,doing the same going down as she had going up (but in this case reversed) as she leaped down from the last branch to land (like a crouching cat would as it nimbly landed on all fours) on the forest floor below, Sue thought to herself that though Tracy was not technically one of them, to Sue she may as well be. For Tracy had skill and a warriors heart that (at least in Sue's eyes) no one would ever be able to match even if they tried.

    

     With the descent to the forest floor complete, Tracy rejoined he love's side saying,"We will be there in no time, and I believe I saw a pair of animals with the trio that awaits us. One I believe was some sort of bird, the other a large wolf."

    

     "To more companions with which to join with." stated Sue with a content look appearing on her face at the prospect of further companions.

    

     "Well" said Jasper as he gestured with his right hand and arm in the direction of the campfire and those waiting by it for them,"we better get going then before we lose all the light.Though I will say one thing more, and that's I hope that the wolf is friendly, as I haven't always had the best of relationships with dog, wolf or otherwise."

    

     "I bet you'll do just fine." said Sue as she chuckled to herself at the thought of a man so nice having not quite good relationships with dogs.

    

     With that the five started out again towards the welcoming glow of the campfire and their four (two human, and two animal) companions waiting by it, guided as always by the sphere of light that still illuminated their path to give safety to each of their steps.



© 2011 Glazier


Author's Note

Glazier
Please review or give feedback, I promise to do the same in return. Thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

255 Views
Added on April 5, 2011
Last Updated on April 5, 2011


Author

Glazier
Glazier

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
Hi, may Name is Geogre Glazier and I'm 34. I haven't had much time to be online on Writerscafe for the past while because I've gotten back to my writing. I'm still trying to finish off a book I've bee.. more..

Writing