Chapter 3 scene 11 As the night wares on  (and the past of William)

Chapter 3 scene 11 As the night wares on (and the past of William)

A Chapter by Glazier
"

As the night wares on and the group still waits for the door to Ashena to appear, the group then hears next of the past if William.

"

As the campfire's light flickered from light to shadow to light to shadow and back again, upon the faces of those assembled around the campfire and its flames bright glow, William started to talk about himself, his place amongst them, and his hopes for the future,"I grew up in London, Ontario into a wealthy family. Though the town was small, I never had much interest in the big city life that so many younger people born in rural communities have had at some point in their lives."

    

     "By the age of ten I was then given an annual allowance of one-thousand dollars to invest or spend as I saw fit." As William then paused to take a sip of water from his cup, he allowed his mind to relive of the past and how with (what he considered to be) to little of an allowance of money, he tried to help as many people as he was able to do. As his mind thought more about the past events of his life, he thought of how (if it hadn't been for the realm of dreamscapes) that without such a realm to learn from, his life might have been far different and less of a deserving one than it was now.

    

     As Willliam's mind then focused on the here and now, so as to allow himself to relate his telling of his tale, he briefly thought that his life though still quite fulfilling, had still much left for him yet to give.

    

     "Upon being given" continued William as he once more continued about his life,"the allowance of one-thousand dollars, I found it much to little with which to help out others with. For in our land of dreamscape, I found that there was so few that was rich and even much more that was poor to very poor, and that even those that worked for a living were at times barely getting by. Though the realm of dreamscape only showed us the world of Ashena, it still allowed me to know that so many struggled with their own living because, in part, that the rich cared for very little with regards to the many with little and mostly the rich caring for themselves."

    

     As William thought more about his life and how he became the man that he now was, he thought that the greatest pleasure that he received was from his charity work he did, and that helping others was where he drew his greatest strengths from. As he thought more on this, he felt a great satisfaction from the thought and the fact that both his family and parents would be proud about what he and his friends were about to do. For both his family and parents, like him, were not like most well-off and fairly rich families were, for they all cared about those around them and especially about those less fortunate than them.

    

     "The only thing I love more" continued William as he once more took up his own tale,"than my charity work is fencing, horseback riding, and archery. Other than that it's my charity work that I care most about. Two months ago I had just turned twenty-five, and now today the summons has gone out. Now that we are all journeying to the world of Ashena together now, I find myself wondering just what we will be doing there when we all get there."

    

     "We will have much to do, I'm sure. For we have much to prepare that world for. But nonetheless I am sure that we all will succeed in that mutual endeavor." said Lilith as she smiled at William (the smile she hoped would instill in him a sense of hope and steadfastness of the heart and mind towards the possibilities of the future).

    

     That she hoped that the smile would instill in him (both body and mind) a hope and firm steadfastness towards the possibilities for the future, was what the smile's effect had one Trevor. A smile showing on his own lips, and with that a look of firmness of body, mind, and soul appearing then within his eyes.

     

     "You are right" replied William as a stronger tone of confidence entered into his tone of voice then,"No doubt we will have much to do, and who can tell how badly the odds are stacked up against us is. But nonetheless we have to do this and we have to succeed, or all is lost."

    

     As the campfire's light played off of the faces of those sitting around it, a look of thoughtfulness and a look of yearning for a bright and safe future for their newfound world and peoples graced the features of William's face, it reminded the rest of the group of the look of hope and wistfulness that a parent might get when they thought of the future of their own kids.

    

     "And as for my hopes for the future, I only hope that we can succeed and that all will be well for both worlds." said William as he looked around at the faces of those assembled for the start of a quest that was at hand."Well, who's next." finished William with a smile on his face that showed his satisfaction at having related his tale to the group.

    

     "I guess I'll go next" replied Jasper as he looked towards William,"No sense holding back my tale and that we have one that's among us that we have not, until this night, have ever meet before now." Jasper said this last part while showing a smile and nodding his head once at Tracy to show that though they had never meet before, that he was glade they had now.



© 2011 Glazier


Author's Note

Glazier
Please tell me what you think about this scene. Thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
Added on August 7, 2011
Last Updated on August 7, 2011


Author

Glazier
Glazier

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
Hi, may Name is Geogre Glazier and I'm 34. I haven't had much time to be online on Writerscafe for the past while because I've gotten back to my writing. I'm still trying to finish off a book I've bee.. more..

Writing