The Spring Ball

The Spring Ball

A Chapter by Sor
"

Ember hears about a new event(sorry if this doesn't have much action, but it will later).

"
 Ember grinned as Iridessa was looking for her. Ember decided to skip practice, since it wasn't hard. She just saw Iridessa rounding the tree...
 "Boo! Ha, ha, ha, he, hoo!" Ember laughed at Iridessa. "Your face! It was hysterical! Ooh, hoo, ha, ha!"
 "Very funny, Ember," Iridessa said quietly. "Why weren't you at practice?"
 "Oh," Ember realized Iridessa noticed she was missing. "Uh, well... it's just... just... boring, Dess."
 "Boring! Practice! How?!" Iridessa was in total shock.
 "It's not that hard to move a light beam."
 "Oh. But there's more. Rainbows..."
 "Know how to do those."
 "Firefly light giv..."
 "Know how."
 "Spring Ball?"
 "Know... wait. What?" Ember was shocked.
 "There's a Spring Ball held after we deliver Spring. Everyone is given a choice to either do something special for it, or just dance."
 "Is anyone doing a rainbow?" 
 "That all depends on what kind of rainbow."
 "Oh, I was thinking of one that would slowly swirl around the ball room."
 "Fantastic!"
 Ember went to tell Fawn.
 "Ooh, that sounds awesome! I'm not doing anything special myself," Fawn told her.
 On to Tink.
 "Sounds flitterific! Can't wait to see it!"
 Ember decided to tell her last friend: Terrence.
 "I like the idea," he said thoughtfully.
 "Thanks, buddy," Ember replied. "Are you going to dance, or what?"
 "Yeah, I'll probably dance. Got deliveries a little while before the ball. I don't want to over work myself."
 "Ohhhh, I see," Ember remarked slyly, "you just want to dance with Tinker Bell, don't you?"
 "Yes, that would be nice to dance with my best friend."
 "Oh, admit it, Ter!" Ember complained. "You think of her more than a best friend. You love her, don't you?"
 Terrence blushed deeply. "No! I don't! And I don't have a nickname, either."
 "Well, now you do. And don't think I didn't see you blush just a few seconds ago. That's a dead giveaway. Bye!"
 Well, thought Terrence, I guess Ember better at the guessing game than most others. And apparently, I have a nickname too.


© 2013 Sor


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on July 16, 2013
Last Updated on July 20, 2013


Author

Sor
Sor

Boise, ID



About
I love animals! I also enjoy the Disney Fairy stories. Those aren't the only stories I write, just a majority. more..

Writing
After the Fight After the Fight

A Chapter by Sor