Big Gouge Gully

Big Gouge Gully

A Chapter by Sor
"

Ember's hoping of nothing amiss is wrong.

"
 Terrence arrived at Big Gouge Gully. Ember was scared. She had just learned what "gouge" means from Tink. To poke eyes out and name a village after it was awful. She had every right to be scared.
 When Terrence got on shore, Ember noticed the first person he ran into was two heads taller than Terrence. This shocked Ember because she was five and five-eighths inches tall(one eighth inch taller than Tinker Bell), and Terrence was taller than Ember. She was even more frightened.
 "Hello, sir," said Terrence politely. "I've got some Dust to deliver, so could you excuse me?"
 But the Sparrowman wouldn't budge.
 "Excuse me."
 Finally, Terrence just went around.
 When he arrived at the depot, he was relieved. The owner reminded him of Fairy Gary. They were both merry and funny.
 "Hello, George," Terrence said. "I've got the Dust delivery."
 "Thank you, Terrence," George replied in an accent similar to Fairy Gary's. "You're very kind."
 "Oh, I don't know," Terrence said humbly.
 "Stop being so modest!" said George. "You've got to know you're nice."
 "I don't go around flattering myself, Fairy Georgi."(another name for him)
 "I know, my boy."
 "I'm going to stay in a tavern to have supper and sleep and leave tomorrow."
 "Okay, just don't go into the bad one."
 "...Okay..."
 "Good boy, and good night!"
 "Good night, George!"
 As Terrence walked among the folk, he realized even the Fairies were taller than he. It was embarrassing. They were big and meaty, while he was small(er) and slim.
 He finally reached a tavern. He walked in and asked: "Excuse me, can I have some water and..." but he stopped, for all the Sparrowmen were looking at him oddly.
 "You don't really want water," said one next to him.
 "Actually I..." Terrence tried to reply.
 "Here, boys! Bear Full!" cried the server.
 "Ho-ho!" cried the Sparrowmen.
 "Here, have some," a Sparrowman told Terrence.
 "No!" Terrence said. "I don't drink!"
 "Oh, c'mon! Just one sip won't hurt, right?"
 "I won't!"
 "Just a taste."
 "I'm leaving!" Terrence said. "Where I come fro..."
 "But they're not here," responded the one sitting next to him. "They won't know."
 "If you won't, you'll never be one of us. You'll forever be excluded."
 "Fine!" Terrence nearly screamed. "They would want me to do the right thing, and I'll do it, whether or not you are!"
 "Boys, you know what to do. Get 'im!"
 Then chaos broke out. All the Sparrowmen started beating Terrence with whatever they could lay their hands on.
 Ember and Tink were walking along, when they heard the commotion.
 "Let's go check it out!" Ember whispered hoarsely.
 "Ahhh!" came Terrence's screams of agony.
 But when the two came to the tavern, the lights were out and it was silent. They decided to creep around the building and see what they could find. At the back, Ember found a cut and bruised body. She shook the limp form. At first, Tinker Bell didn't recognize the body, after Ember turned the face into the moonlight, she knew the horribly cut one:
 "Terrence!" she exclaimed.
 Ember said: "We should get him healed, and complete the deliveries for him. We'll leave a note explaining what happened. Let's go find a healing-talent!"
 Tink solemnly agreed.


© 2013 Sor


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on July 17, 2013
Last Updated on July 17, 2013


Author

Sor
Sor

Boise, ID



About
I love animals! I also enjoy the Disney Fairy stories. Those aren't the only stories I write, just a majority. more..

Writing
After the Fight After the Fight

A Chapter by Sor