First Deliveries

First Deliveries

A Chapter by Sor
"

Tink and Ember watch Terrence's first four deliveries.

"
 Terrence shivered. The nights on the river were always cold. He left five days before the Spring Ball to give himself enough time. Behind, near the motor, Tinker Bell and Ember were fast asleep. He had no idea they were there.
 In the morning, Terrence stopped the boat. Tink and Ember climbed off to get some food. When they were coming back, they listened to Terrence talking to another dust-keeper(though mainly water and nursing-talents lived there).
 "Hi, Nate!"
 "Oh, hey Terrence! How's my buddy from the Hollow?"
 "Oh, I'm fine. How're you?"
 "Great! Hey, is that the Dust delivery?"
 "Sure is! Can you drop this off at your depot? I've got more deliveries to do before the Spring Ball."
 "Sure thing. See yuh later!"
 "Bye, Nate!"
 Terrence climbed back in the boat, started it, and the three were off.
 "Next: Evergreen Place!" Terrence said.
 Evergreen Place was appropriately named. It was just a place in an evergreen forest. Even Tinker Bell thought it was pretty, but nothing compared to Pixie Hollow.
 Terrence stopped by real fast and dropped off the Dust. In a hurry, I guess, thought Ember.
 Terrence did his last two deliveries of the day fast. But, near night, he climbed into the boat and said hesitantly: "Next, Big Gouge Gully."
 Ember shuddered. Something about the name just brought fear. She could sense Terrence's fear in the way he spoke.
 Terrence was cold. He saw the tarp. "Funny," he said, "I don't remember this tarp here(Ember and Tinker Bell's blood froze). Maybe I should... wait! I can't take this off, Tink put it there!"
 "Oooh, powerful!" whispered Ember to her stow-away companion.
 "Shut up!" Tinker Bell returned.(by now the two had relaxed)
 Ember thought about the place. Big Gouge Gully, she thought. Where is this place? Why does it sound so awful? Why does this place create such frightened souls? Oh, I hope nothing goes amiss!


© 2013 Sor


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on July 17, 2013
Last Updated on July 20, 2013


Author

Sor
Sor

Boise, ID



About
I love animals! I also enjoy the Disney Fairy stories. Those aren't the only stories I write, just a majority. more..

Writing
After the Fight After the Fight

A Chapter by Sor





FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars
Compartment 114
Compartment 114