Chapter 2: A Glimpse into the Future

Chapter 2: A Glimpse into the Future

A Chapter by Harmony Grace

“So, how old are we? In your time?” I asked. 

“28, it’s only June 5, 2021, so we’ll be 29 in December.” she answered. 

“Why Lissa?” 

“Because we grow out of Missy.” 

“Oh, well most important question. Do Hope and I still know each other?” 

“of course, but I must say, when she get’s married you play a huge best friend role at her wedding, ya know like help picking her dress and help picking flowers, and the bride’s maid dresses. Then we start drifting apart. I haven’t heard from her in 3 months.” 

“Well I must stop that.” I said.

“Oh, Rachel marry’s a doctor so she gets rich and treats you like trash.” she said a little to seriously. 

“WHAT?! Not Rachel” I asked. 

“Just kidding. She does marry a doctor though, and after Hope and you drift she becomes your best friend.” 

“This really doesn’t seem possible.” 

“Trust me…we couldn’t stop crying for weeks.” 

“Wow, do…we…get married?” 

“I was hoping you’d ask. Now of course no names…” 

“No, of course not.” 

“But yes, to a wonderful Christian and I am so glad that Hope and us used to play around all the time, I named 4 children after characters. Oh and 1 child He named.” 

“Whoa! We have 5 kids?” I asked smiling. 

“Yup. Harmony Grace, Darren Lee, Jenn Riley. Spelled J-E-N-N” I spelled it with her. 

“I wanted to keep the spelling and I didn’t bother putting Jennifer. after all.” she pointed to me and I finished. 

“It’s Jenn.” 

“and last but not least; Ryan James.” 

“Wow, please show me pictures, just one.” I practically begged. 

“Oh alright.” she showed me a picture of them. 

“Wow they’re gorgeous!” I started to cry, just in knowing that someday those would be my kids. 

“You’re crying now, but wait until you hold them in your own arms, and they run to you in the middle of the night saying they’ve had a bad dream, and you sing them to sleep, it truly is an amazing feeling.” She had a look of pure bliss on her face…err my face? 

“So how’d we get so thin? I thought for sure it’d never happen.”  I asked curiously.

“Well we started to drink a lot more water, and ate less, and walked a lot more. By the time we’re 20 we weigh 135.” She said proudly. 

“Nice, can’t wait for that day. Also how’d you get the time machine?” 

“Well even when we get older strange things never stop happening, so on our trip to the dessert…” I interrupted her. 

“We went to the dessert?” 

“Yeah, to see where Jesus was born.” 

“Oh. Continue”  I said. 

“Well I found a Genie’s lamp, and as usual it granted me 3 wishes, so I only wished for one thing a time machine. Ethan said it wasn’t a good idea, but I wanted it, I think he was jealous that I found it and he didn’t. any way so that’s how. A genie.” 

“Nice.” I said. 

“Well I should be getting back. If I think of any thing else I’ll come back.” 

“Alright.” I watched myself hop into a car looking thing, push a few buttons, and was off. That Sunday I ran into church directly to Hope hugged her. 

“We’ll never drift apart after we get married to our husbands will we?” 

“No of course not. Our children will be good friends I told you this before.” Hope said a little confused. 

“Promise?” I asked. 

“promise.” she said. 

“What’s gotten into you mis?” she asked confused. 

“Well future me told me, that after you get married, we drift.” 

“Hey so did future you say anything about me?” asked Rachel.

“Yeah, you marry a doctor.” I told her. 

“Really? Sweet.” came the normal reply of Rachel. Hope and I just rolled our eyes. 

“Hey what about me?” came the voice of Faith. 

“Nope she didn’t say anything. I’ll ask me the next time I come.” 

“confusing.” said Faith. I was waiting for me to come back, but I didn’t show for a while. Finally one day I came. 

“Hey it’s me again.” I said confused of my wording. 

“Hi.” I said. 

“Did you think of anything else?” I asked. 

“No, just seeing if you had some more questions.” 

“Well now that you mention it. What about Faith?” 

“Well she ran away at age 15, and came back a changed person. No one knows where she ran or why.” 

“So…?” 

“Oh right she’s married with 2 kids.” 

“How old is she?” 

“25.” 

“What age did she marry?” 

“19, Fresh out of high school.” 

“Well didn’t see that.” I said sarcastically. 

“Well I really should get going.” she walked over to the time machine, got in went to turn it on except this time…it wouldn’t start. 

“Uh oh” I said to myself.



© 2010 Harmony Grace


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on April 17, 2010
Last Updated on April 17, 2010


Author

Harmony Grace
Harmony Grace

About
really want to be an actressdirector, but I also really love to write! more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Harmony Grace


Avery Avery

A Book by Harmony Grace