Chapter 4: A Handful of Future

Chapter 4: A Handful of Future

A Chapter by Harmony Grace

Next Thursday came very quickly. Suddenly there was a knock at the door. 

“Hey mis.” said future Hope.

“Hey, come on in.” we all sat down and waited for Rachel to arrive. 

“Finally!” exclaimed Hope. As Rachel came walking in, with her husband, and 2 kids. “Now that we’re all here.” I butted in. 

“Uh just because I’m from the past doesn’t mean I can’t stay, right?” 

“I guess, but we’ll have to make you forget or something.” said future me. 

“Alright you start Missy.” said Hope. 

“Ok, well I am sorry but I forgot that the kids are away for the week. So here are pictures of Jenn Riley, Darren Lee, Harmony Grace, and Malachi Daniel.” 

“wow, how old are they?” asked Hope. 

“Harmony is 4, Darren is 3, Jenn is 2, and little baby Malachi is only 1. I had them all a year apart, it wasn’t meant to be that way, but I guess God wanted them here sooner. And you remember Micah.” 

“Nice to see you again.” said Hope. 

“Nice to see you again as well.”

“My turn.” said Rachel. 

“This is Destiny who’s 4, and Cole, who’s 6, also this is my husband…uh?” 

“Just whisper it in my ear.” said Hope. 

“Ok, psst, psst.” all I heard was whispering. 

“Ok Hope your turn.” 

“Right, ok first you’re still blonde, second, saw that one coming, and third, this is Jessica, Nick, and My own husband, whom you already know.”

It’s so funny how both, Rachel’s husband and Hope’s husband look vaguely familiar. I thought to myself. 

“So where did the name Destiny come from? It’s pretty.” Rachel’s husband looked at me. “it’s a fa…” Rachel covered his mouth. 

“It’s a really nice name and we liked it.” 

“Oh.” I said knowing that he almost said something that would give everything away.”

Micah cut in. 

“Hey we should really be getting to church.” 

“But first, because I am really curious. Who did Dean Marry?” she asked future me.

“He married a nice girl named Lisa, and they have a beautiful baby girl named Leah.” “oh I was just curious, we really should get going.” Us girls hopped into Rachel’s car, and the guys hopped into Micah’s. On the way there I had a few more questions. 

“I have a few questions for anyone.” I said.. 

“Ok, go ahead.” my future self said. 

“Well this one’s for Hope. Where does Faith reside? Who’s her husband? I won’t tell I swear.” 

“Alright, well my family hasn’t heard from her since the birth of her son, 5 years ago. And in regard to whom her husband is, Michael Colten.”

“Michael Colten huh?” I asked. “Didn’t you like his older brother Ander Colten for like 6 years?”

“Yeah, I did. But then I made a switch.” She said.

“Yeah, what happened to Ander, do you know?” She asked.

“I’ll tell you about it later.”

“When did Mike and Faith hook up?” I asked.

“Well it was their Jr. year, and Faith walked out to her car, when a man tried to force her into the car. Michael saw everything that happened, ran outside beat the guy up, took her home.” Said Hope, brief and to the point.

“Oh, another thing, where’s Grace?” I asked.

“She lives in Colorado.” said future me. 

“Colorado? She doesn’t know anyone in Colorado.” I said. 

“She will.” said Rachel. We arrived shortly after our conversation. A lot of jaws dropped when Hope came in the door. 

“Hi everyone, I know it’s been awhile, but I am here to stay.” 

“Welcome back Mrs….” Hope interrupted him. 

“Could you please not use my married name?” 

“Umm, ok, may I ask why?” said an aged Pastor Dan. 

“Well actually it’s my fault.” Future me said. 

“How so Missy?” then I came in. 

“Wow! Either I need a new prescription glasses or you’re 15 again.. Missy how on earth did this happen?” we told him everything. 

“A genie in a magical lamp? Are you sure it wasn’t the devil or something? How is this possible?” 

“No Pastor Dan it wasn’t the devil.” Future me said. 

“So who plays the piano?” I asked. 

“Oh, I do.” said Rachel. 

“I see.” church started and ended very quickly, when the service finished, an aged women came up to future me, and gave me a very big hug. 

“Missy!!! How are you doing hun?” Asked this lady.

“Oh, I’m fine. I’d rather not talk of it though.” I said.

“No problem, is it hard to talk about? I miss her sooo much.” Said the lady, though I wondered who she was talking about.

“No, it’s not hard, it’s just because past me doesn’t know yet.” Future me said..

“Oh right, just think...” She trailed off. I was soon interrupted by pastor Dan’s voice.

“Well I hope you’re able to fix that time machine, hey could you possibly give a message for me?” asked Pastor Dan. 

“Sure.” I said. 

“For our 1st wedding anniversary I take her to my favorite restaurant for a wet burrito and well would you please try and persuade me not to eat the wet burrito. Ugh I never had such a stomach pain.” He held his stomach with his hand and shuddered. 

“Sure, I’ll do my best.” I said trying not to burst out laughing. When we got home, we said our good-byes. 

“Well tomorrow we can go to my house.” said Rachel. 

“More like a mansion.” future me muttered to herself. 

“What?” I asked. 

“Oh nothing, you’ll see.” That night I had a few questions for myself. 

“Who was that lady back at church?” I asked.

“No worries you’ll meet her next year.” Future me said.

“So we have kids, and I know you said they were gone, but where exactly are they?” 

“Oh they’re with their Grandparents.” 

“Oh, so with mom and dad.” 

“No, with mom and dad-in-law’s. They’re with Micah’s parents.” 

“Oh. Well where does mom and dad reside?” 

“Well mom’s in the woods in the upper peninsula.” 

“Oh she always wanted that..” 

“Yeah, and dad well in 2013 he had another heart attack, went into surgery and didn’t come out.” 

“What?” my eyes were watery then. 

“So he’s…and when you said mom’s in the woods you meant…?”

“I’m really sorry, but you must understand…they’re happy where they are.”

“I know…” I trailed off. 

“If you could go back…wait you did, so if you can go back, why not go to the time Brent asked us out, and just refuse?” 

“Because, even though I can, I don’t want to. It was the most wonderful feeling in the world, finally someone who loves me, and will take care of me…” I looked as she started tearing up. 

“Never mind” I quickly said. “Goodnight” I said. 

“Yeah, good-night.” she said. I woke up to the smell of breakfast, and it smelt, absolutely wonderful. I was on my way to the kitchen when Micah came out and walked over to where future me was standing, and hugged me from behind. 

“Hey, I’m trying to cook breakfast.” 

“And I’m just trying to love my wife.” 

“oh so now you have to try?…” Future me said jokingly. 

“No, that’s not what I meant; it’s very easy to love you.” 

“mmm, say that again.” 

“I love you.” they were half-way leaned in and I walked in, stupidly. I really should’ve let them be, but I didn’t want the breakfast to burn. 

“good-morning” I said. 

“ahhhh!!!!!! Goodness. I always forget we have company.” Micah yelled. 

“Oh don’t be such a baby, it’s just me.” Future me mocked.

“Yeah, a much younger you. And it‘s rather uncomfortable.” 

“What so now I’m old?” Future me loved to tease him.

“no.” he said, sarcastically.

“I know how much of burden I am and I’m sorry.” 

“no, you’re not a burden, just a little getting used to is all, and infact I am really glad I got to see you like this.” he looked future me in the eyes. 

“You were very beautiful at that age too. I would’ve courted you then too.” I blushed. And future me just stood there. 

“Hello? Earth to missy.” Micah said waving his hand in front of her eyes.

“Sorry, I forgot how to speak English for a minute there and how to breathe.” 

“You still have problems with that huh?” he asked smiling. 

“Yes.” Future me replied. 

“do you see a problem?” he asked me, as he got down to my level and looked me in the eyes. When he did, it seemed like Languages didn’t exist, and breathing never happened, there was love, and compassion, and loyalty; All at the same time. 

“Uh…” all I could do was stutter. 

“Oh great, not you too.” 

“Sorry, but there’s so much in your eyes.” I wish I hadn’t of said that. 

“Well thank you.” He said taking a bow. 

“I’m telling you, you should become someone who hypnotizes people.” 

“Yes, but it only works with you.” He said. 

“Prove it.” She said sarcastically.

“I will, this afternoon at Rachel’s.” 

 “Speaking of which, we should eat and get going.” We ate and then we were out the door. We were half way there when I asked. 

“Where does Rachel live?” 

“Well her dad’s friend bought them a house.” 

“Oh, Sweet.” 

“Yeah but then they bought…” she didn’t finish until we pulled up.

“this.” future me ended. There was no way this was Rachel’s house. 

“There’s no way this is Rachel’s house.” I repeated out loud.

“Yup, we hold all of our activities here.” Micah said. 

“Yeah I bet. How did they afford this?” I asked while getting out of the car. 

“Her husband was promoted to brain surgeon.” 

“oh.” before my eyes was a huge mansion. “How many rooms are there?” I asked. 

“well the last time I checked, there were 30 in all, not including the 12 bathrooms, elevator, arcade room, bowling alley, and the laser tag room.” my jaw dropped. 

“But they only have 2 kids!” I exclaimed. 

“Yeah, of their own.” 

“How many all together?” I asked my eyes wide. 

“Well her husband came from a fairly large home, so he liked a lot of kids, so all together there are 20. Please don’t make me name them all.” 

“No I won’t.” we went up to the door, the door asked us our names, we told it, and it opened automatically. 

“Welcome, Rachel has been expecting you.” the door said. 

“Wow even the door can talk.” 

“Yeah she’s easily amused.” 

“Oh.” 



© 2010 Harmony Grace


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on April 17, 2010
Last Updated on April 17, 2010


Author

Harmony Grace
Harmony Grace

About
really want to be an actressdirector, but I also really love to write! more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Harmony Grace


Avery Avery

A Book by Harmony Grace