Grey Wolf

Grey Wolf

A Chapter by Miss unknown

Tying the string around her neck, Ella put on the red hood. She felt the wind blowing against her face, but the hood did block some of the chill. She took a deep breath and started heading to her grandmother's house.

She skipped along the way, picking some flowers for her mother. She sang with the chirping birds that were on the tree. The sun shone down on her, warming her up. She could feel her skin heating up, like there was a fireplace right next to her. She sighed in comfort, knowing that Apollo was up on top taking care of her.

Ella did not want to miss her grandmother's nap, so she decided to go onto a different route which was said to be a faster way to get to her destination. Even though she had not walk to here before, she knew that the gods up in the Heaven would protect her.

Meanwhile, a grey wolf who came a long way from another village was rather hungry.He prayed to Artemis, the goddess of wild animals. He mumbled, "God of wilderness, please remember what I offered you a few days ago. A fat sheep. I need some food for my children. Please grant me some food."

Artemis heard his prayer, wondering what she could give him. As she was trying to send the wolf some rabbits, Ella just passed by the praying wolf.

He thought that this girl on her own was what Artemis granted him. He hid in the bush, eye-watching and following her. He tried to walk as quiet as possible. He would tackle her right away if she was not on a big road which hunters always passed by.

Apollo saw this happening. He quickly flew over to his sister, Artemis and accussed her for the situation. Artemis quickly denied, telling him that she had sent some rabbits down there. Apollo looked down at the earth from the clouds...

Ella heard some grass cracking noise beside her. Her heart slightly jumped against her ribcage - she was scared. She frowned, looking around. She made a quick prayer, "gods whoever who are high up there, please help me."

Apollo glanced at Artemis. She shrugged, "geez. Alright, I would go down and try to make things right." After she finished her sentence, she disappeared.

Ella stood there, trying not to make any moves while the grey wolf was starring at her. His stomach groaned, ready to attack her anytime. Suddenly, the rabbits walked out from the bush. Ella giggled and kneeled down. "You guys have scared me." She patted on their heads.

Artemis appeared to the earth as the grey wolf's son, whispering, "Dad? dad?"

The grey wolf looked around, "hush! Here's our dinner."

Artemis walked toward the wolf, nudging its leg. "No, sister is injured back there. We should get her home now."

The grey wolf glittered, grinding his teeth in frustration. "Alright." He sighed, "let's go now." He followed Artemis back into the forest.

Ella was still very innocently playing with the rabbits. She picked one up, carrying it in her arm, "let me give you a warmer home." She then continued her way to grandma's after waving at the rest of the rabbits.



© 2011 Miss unknown


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

293 Views
Added on March 2, 2011
Last Updated on March 2, 2011


Author

Miss unknown
Miss unknown

Vancouver, Canada



About
I do not really like to think about the future cause it is terrifying, and yet, I keep on thinking about it. That is why here I am, escaping into my own imagination where everything goes according to .. more..

Writing
A Mess A Mess

A Poem by Miss unknown