What needs to be done is done

What needs to be done is done

A Chapter by Miss unknown

As soon as Ella's grandmother ate some of Hestia's food, she fell asleep. The black wolf was very full with all the food in his stomach. He yawned and lied down on the couch until he heard some scratching on the door.

The black wolf stood up alertly, wondering what was going on. There was no way normal wolves would do that. He walked farther away from the door, being terrified that someone may just break in.

Max circled around the house and told his family members to locate at each side. He then walked farther back, aiming at a window. He sprinted, breaking through the glass window. He landed on the wooden ground. He grinded his teeth in anger. "have not seen you for a long time, my old friend."

The black wolf smirked, "what're you talking about?" He tried to be as innocent as possible.

"Stop acting. You just spoke in wolf-ese." Max chuckled. "Oh right. You do still remember about my brother right? You injured his leg...now he is crippled."

The black wolf took a few steps back to the door. "No, Max. You know you do not want to hurt a little girl."

Max starred at him, walking slowly towards him. "How could you do that to her? You are evil."

The black wolf placed his hand on the door knob, "there is nothing much I can do now. Please, do not kill me, Max." He tried to use Ella's face to show the most pathetic look.

"Save it! I will let you go. I will give you a head start for thirty seconds. Then, I will come and hunt you down." Max sat there on the ground.

The black wolf did not wait, just turned the knob and started running. He did not look back but ran. He knew there was a hunter who loved wandering in the forest at night. He just needed to get to the road. He kept on running and yelled for help.
Max made a wolf shout and asked his family to meet Ella at the lake. He did not want her to get attacked by other animals. He then sprinted off to chase after the black wolf.

Sniffing at Ella's body scent, Max tried to run as quickly as possible. He scanned around the forest, finding it unexpectedly quiet. He slowed down, trying not to make any noise.

"Bang! Bang! Bang!" Max was down with bleeding stomach. 

The hunter walked towards the grey wolf, examining it. Ella with the black wolf's soul was behind him. She was smirking while holding the hunter's arm. She held it tightly, leaning her head against it. "Thank you, uncle Thomas. Thank you for saving me."

Max starred at the black wolf and said, "Stop hurting people."

The hunter saw the grey wolf was still alive; he aimed his gun at it. As soon as he did that, another grey wolf jumped out at him, tackling him on the ground.

"Grab the gun, Ella. Grab it and run." Eva yelled.

Ella quickly used her wolf mouth to hold onto it and ran away.

The black wolf knew that once he killed Ella, the body would belong to him forever, so he ran after her.

Meanwhile, the hunter tried to slid his knife out from his boot, but Max's son and daughter were biting his arm.

Max knew that they would not be able to hold him for a long time. He prayed to Artemis, "we are having trouble. Please come back and help us."

Artemis and Athena were still up in the heaven, looking for Zeus' thunder.

"Why did he hide it so secretly?" Athena complained.

"Maybe we should just ask for it instead of stealing it?" Artemis suggested.

Athena shook her head, "Zeus does not like changing someone's fate. We should find it as soon as possible. Maybe it is under Zeus and Hera's bed." Athena disappeared after she said it.

At the same time, Artemis heard Max's prayer and sent an owl to help them.

A grey owl flew over to them and plucked out the hunter's knife from his boot. Then, it flew away with the knife. The wolves decided the hunter could not really harm them in any way, so they let him go.

The hunter quickly got up and ran away from them, yelling help. His arms were bloody but the injuries were not severe since the wolves did not really want to hurt him. They gathered around the dying Max. They snuggled close to him, weeping.

Ella ran to the lake and jumped into it, praying. "I am there, the goddess of Wisdom and Wilderness. Please come and save me."

Both Athena and Artemis were at Zeus' bedroom when they heard the prayer. They tried to pull the thunder out under the bed, but it was too heavy.

Suddenly, Zeus came in, making out with a nymph. When they were about to fall on the bed. Athena crawled out under the bed. Zeus was too caught up in the moment, so he did not realize someone was in the room until Athena spoke.

"If Hera knew about this, I wonder what would happen." Athena smirked, crossing her arms and looking down at Zeus.

Artemis stood there beside her, nodding. "Maybe we should tell her about it now."

Zeus looked scared, sitting up. But, he quickly regained his calmness and asked, "why are you two in my room anyway?" He frowned.

Athena lied, "we saw something glittering in here when we passed by, so we thought something went into your room. We tried to make sure your room was clean..."

Zeus took a look of the pretty nymph beside him, he tried to end this conversation as soon as possible, so he could continue his thing. "so...now as I am here, can you guys excuse us?"

Athena shook her head, "just lend us the thunder...we need a lightning."

Zeus easily grabbed it out from one hand and threw it down to the earth. "There, satisfied?" He asked.

Both Artemis and Athena smiled at each other. "We will try to keep your secret." Then, they left, flopping onto the cloud while Zeus quickly climbed onto of the nymph.

The black wolf saw Ella in the lake with the gun. He smiled cause he knew that wolves could not stay in water for so long since the fur would absorb all the water which then make the body heavy. Eventually, the wolves will sink.

He walked close to the lake, looking at Ella. "You know this is your day. Say bye to the mother earth now before you die." He stepped into the water, trying to get a good look of Ella dying.

Ella tried to keep her limbs moving in the water, but the wolf's fur was getting heavier with all the water. She floated then sunk, she kicked back up, floating then sinking.

The black water was broken by the thunder into half, reflecting the dark sky. The whole surface vibrated and became a bit bright. Both the bodies of Ella and the black wolf had an electric shock.

Artemis and Athena could clear see their souls exchanged back to their original bodies in the air.

Because of the electric shock, both of them fainted again. Ella fell down beside the lake, and the wolf was sinking slowly with no movements of his limbs.

Artemis went down to the earth to look for the grey wolves. She placed her hand on top of Max's stomach, healing it. "It is not your time to die." She whispered in his ear.


© 2011 Miss unknown


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
Added on March 2, 2011
Last Updated on March 2, 2011


Author

Miss unknown
Miss unknown

Vancouver, Canada



About
I do not really like to think about the future cause it is terrifying, and yet, I keep on thinking about it. That is why here I am, escaping into my own imagination where everything goes according to .. more..

Writing
A Mess A Mess

A Poem by Miss unknown