Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by DivergentObessed

I peered out from the doorway. Clear. I ran into the elevator as fast as I could. I threw myself into elevator, bumping into the cool glass walls. I took a deep breathes as the elevator went down. I don't know what I'm doing, but I can't turn back now.I stand straight and face the glass doors. They slowly opened. Before I could think, I lurch myself at the group of plants on my left. I crouch down. My heart starts beating faster after each progress I make, and it wasn't much. I look through the green leaves. The guard was reading a newspaper, blocking mostly all of his view. Perfect. I rise and head towards the back door silently.

    I push the door open, and exit. Then pours on my face and warm air whirls around me. I've done this a few times, but this time is diffrent. Free. That's the word. I focus, realizing the position I'm in. I find some big and brawny trees, and rush there. I press myself against the cool bark, afraid that I've caught someone's attention. I bite my lip, and dare to take a look. To my surprise, no one had noticed. I rush to the next, then the next, and the next until there's no more left. All that lay ahead of me was a street full of people and cars. I curse under my breath.

    I looked around for another way, but didn't find one. I started panicing. Maybe if I go back, I could sneak in through the back door. But no, I can't. The back door is locked from the outside, and going through the front door will surely get me spotted.

    I frown. My heart starts beating rapidly and fear washes over me. I lean against the tree, shaking uncontrontrollably. How could I be so stupid? Why didn't I just stay in the room like I was told. I sigh. It doesn't matter anymore since I'm already out. The meeting will end, my manipule will come back, and find me absent, call the city's officials who will send out vicious dogs, and will come and hunt me down. That's one thing I'm sure of, because I've seen it on TV.

     The thing the I'm uncertain of is what I will do and what's going to happen to me?No one has tried to escape in years. The guy that did, got captured, and was never seen again. The goverment assured the people it was fine and he was safe. But from what I learned rom life in here, the goverment is a fraud.

       But why give up now? Maybe someone will help me? I snort  at myself at that suggestion and get up.

       Why not take a chance? I'm gonna get caught anyway. That's when a yellow taxi appears in the distance, and  get an idea.

         I get a few feet closer, inches away from the road. I kneel down to keep me hidden. When the taxi is a few feet away, I leap up, forcefully open the door, and throw myself inside.



© 2014 DivergentObessed


Author's Note

DivergentObessed
I wanted to make it exciting... but I'm not sure. I hope you enjoy and keep reading, thank you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on March 11, 2014
Last Updated on March 11, 2014
Tags: Escape