Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by InkAngelXIII
"

Kids, don't gamble...

"
"Damn brats. Think they're gonna cheat us outta our money and get away with it? Not if I can help it." one of the men grumbled as he hid. His partner hissed at him. "Shut up! Youll give us away!" he whispered.

The second man loaded a heavy steel bolt into a crossbow. Carefully he took aim at the youngest one. He locked onto the smiling target and fired.

Sebastian was happily chowing down on his beloved crab when he heard something off. A faint clicking noise. One normally wouldn't hear it but the tank had been trained to hear the most minute sounds metal could make when being used as a weapon. He was a smith after all. And that noise was the sound of a bolt being loaded into a model 32 griffin crossbow. Another click signified it was fired. The whizzing sound was heading toward Alice.

"Gah!" the bolt hit deep. Alice gasped and scrambled away while Anakin protectively got in front of her.

Sebastian stood up and reached behind his shoulder. He grasped the bolt and yanked it out. He grunted in pain and winced. He had tackled Alice out of the way but got hit instead.

Ash snapped her gloved hand and Sebastian glowed green as the wound healed.

"Thanks Ash." He felt the skin stitch itself back together.

"No problem darling." She said while making sure Alice was unharmed Alice and Anakin immediately grabbed their weapons, waiting for Ash to heal Sebastian. Anakin motioned at Alice to make a trip, just then Sebastian heard another shot being pulled. At his reaction, Anakin made out the direction and fired.

Anakin made a hit as noise began too arouse. "They're surrounding us." Ash said, as she finishes healing. Anakin nodded. "I can make out a pattern they would make, if I'm right. There's three up front and four out back. Only one came up close to fire." Anakin declared. Ash nodded agreeing. "Wait, but that would be just eight. At the bar I remember ten at the most."

Anakin dared a glance at Ash, ten? "That would mean... We're the other two?" Anakin ask. Alice and Sabadtian being almost clueless finally pick up on their conversation. Ash face became serious at the moment, thinking hard on the possibility.


Sebastian growled his crimson eyes turning a brighter color. "They dare. Let me charge through and pound away. I can take it. I am a tank after all."

Anakin saw what was happening to best friend and quickly hit a pressure point with his needles to calm him down. "Chill out man. No need to go berserk on them." He was coming up with a strategy and was almost done. "All right here's what we do..." He whispered. "Sebastian, you'll take the four behind us. Alice you and me will take the three in front. Ash you give support, and try to give us a few buffs on three. On my count charge."

Ash subtley did a few casts to enhance their dodge and luck.

"1..."

"2..."

"3!"

Sebastian turned and sprinted to the ones that were behind them. He cursed as he realised he forgot his crowbar. Dodging a bolt, he came upon his attacker, ducked under his guard, and introduced his gloved fist to their face. Hard. Them unprepared let his head fly back and slam into a tree, effectively knocking him out.

*Alice and Annie*

Alice and Anakin ran forward. Anakin, holding five senbon between his fingers, flung his arm; hitting one with two to the neck. Not killing him, but putting him in a death-like state. Alice carefully took aim and shot twice. Once in one of the men's left leg, and one in the right of the other in quick succession.

*Bassie*

Listening carefully for the sound of metal moving, Sebastian snapped his head to the left and ran up the trunk of the tree. Grabbing a branch he hoisted himself up and jumped to the sound. Now directly above another man, aiming at Ash, the tank dropped down right foot first. His heel smashing into the back of the man's head he slumped and became unconscious. Dashing to the left again he surprised the third man quickly knocked him out as well. Almost done. Only one more left to go. Eventually he too was hunted and incapacitated. Feeling some thing wasn't right he slowly made his way back to Ash and the others.

When the tank jumped back into the clearing. He saw Ash as well as Annie and Alice staring at each other in search for the uneasiness. "It not just Anakin and I that feeling it anymore." Ash sad, remembering the same sensational feeling earlier. Annie nodded in agreement. "I think it had too do with the two other members. They are preparing."

"Preparing?" Tank ask, ready for anything as he grab his crowbar and tightening it in assurance. Alice reloaded her gun and set it in read mode, not sure exactly what these three adult are getting at. But in her history of watching anime... "You think they might be hiding. They might have some sort of special skill or idea, but why?" Alice said, thinking about one of her shows.

Annie glance at his sister trying to block where she's heading at. "It not some game..." Sebastian said. Alice narrowed her eyes. "Course not! But just think for a second. They won't dare to attack directly, what exactly are they attacking for?" Alice ask. Sebastian gave her a dumbfounded look. Alice sigh in frustration. "Which means, what did Nii-San and Nee-San exactly did to accomplish some money?" Alice said. Looking at Ash and Annie, Sebastian finally gets it.

But a sound caught their attention. "good idea, but well discuss this later. We have more important matters to attend." Annie said, jerking forward his senbon for a ready attack. The two mystery people where coming, finally.


© 2013 InkAngelXIII


Author's Note

InkAngelXIII
R/R!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Dun dun dunned

Posted 11 Years Ago


InkAngelXIII

11 Years Ago

Lol

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
1 Review
Added on January 17, 2013
Last Updated on January 17, 2013


Author

InkAngelXIII
InkAngelXIII

Ellendale, ND



About
I am Ink! I am all things good and nerdy, and not so good and devious! I like computers, games, and junk food. I dislike very few things actually. Except doing dishes. I hate dishes. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by InkAngelXIII