Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by InkAngelXIII
"

The begining

"

  Sebastian ran through the many houses in his neighborhood. The houses were empty, and those that weren't held the infected inside. He was running to his friends house knowing that they had been prepared for this exact scenario. He halted just before their house and knocked hoping they were still normal.

 

  At first no one answered. The fear quickened in Sebastian's heart, but eventually a small girl at the age of ten, opened the door slowly peaking out with brown eyes. Her eyes widen at the sight of her brother's friend. She quickly called out for her older brother Anakin.

 

  "What is it Alice?" he cried out, eventually he also caught the sight if Sebastian. Anakin exhale in relief.

 

  "Anakin, they're gone. They're all gone." Sebastian choked out. Anakin's expression saddened. It was a possibility it could happen but he had hoped it wouldn't. No one wants their friend's family to be lost to the infected. "C'mon in. We were just about to eat lunch and see if anyone else is okay."

            

  Sabastion entered the familiar house. Everything stood as if it was still noon on a quiet summer day. Everything is still where it should be, all except the weapons layed out on the other end of their dinner table. Sabastian's finally sat down still shaking inside.

  "Want coffe Sabastian?" Alice ask in her innocent voice and heart warming smile. Sabastian force a smile for the sake of Alice and nodded.
 
  Alice smiled again before rushing into the kitchen. Anakin watches his little sister goes before sitting across from Sabastian too send a look. A need for a serious conversation.

 

  "You knew it was a risk. We all did. I was lucky Alice survived when they got us." Anakin held in a few tears. Wiping his hand over his face he calmed himself down.

 
  "I know, but I was hoping it would never happen. Are the rest okay or are they..." Sebastian trailed off.
 
  Anakin understood what he meant anyway. "They're gone. Everyone, except her."
 
  Sebastian's face gained a look of grief and horror. "This is really happening isn't it? This isn't a game anymore."
 
  Anakin nodded. "I felt the same after they got my mom and dad. They nearly got Alice if I hadn't... You know."
 
  Alice came running back with a cup of coffe and offered it to Sebastian. "Thank you Alice. Why don't you go watch a movie while Annie and I talk?" Smiling brightly, the little girl ran to the other room and turned on a movie.
 
  Sebastian watched her to make sure she was out of earshot. Turning back to his best friend he saw Anakin scowling. "What?"
 
  "You know I hate that name."
 
  Sebastian chuckled. "Yeah I know, but it was what Alice called you before she could say, 'Anakin' remember?"
 
  Anakin smiled at the happy memories before all this mess was made. "Yeah, but I still hate it."
 
  Shaking his head at his friend's stubborness. "As we were saying, so Ash is alive?"
 
"Yeah, and she's as crazy as ever. We're gonna have to go to her, or she's gotta come to us."
 
  "Why havn't you left yet then?" He asked curious.
 
  "I couldn't, not with Alice. Who would watch her? I'd barely trust you with her and you're my best friend." He told him.
 
  Sebastian gripped his cup and gulped it down. "Yeah I guess so. So how do you plan on getting her here?"
 
  Anakin smirked. "Same way as always, you." Sebastian gulped. It wasn't a well kept secret she had a thing for him.
 
  Although Sabastian dreaded the thought, he knew that Anakin was and still is right. He sigh, attempting too starff down the coffee in one gulp. Somehow Sabastian felt as if they were still at an younger age, because this the type of cruelty Anakin always bestowed.
 
  Sabastian began twitching the corners if his mouth into a grin realizeing that things like this will never change. Anakin watched Sabastian gets up and unhestantly reaches for the door. Anakin couldn't let Sabastian leave alone.
 
  "Wait for a second." Anakin called out making sure he still has his senses.
    
  Pulling out a crowbar with weird symbol etched into the handle, Anakin toss is over.
 
  "This is very beneficial, lose it, and ill make sure you lose your life." Anakin warned. Sabastian grip the steel bar, weighing it in his hands. He nodded at the texture. He thanks Anakin once more before leaving.
  
  "Bye! Come back soon!" Alice called out in giggles


© 2012 InkAngelXIII


Author's Note

InkAngelXIII
We have more written, but I wanted to give it a trial run first.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is really great. I like how you allude to the "infected", creating a sense of suspense to find out what happened. The one thing I would check is your tenses. You switch between past tense and present tense a little bit. I look forward to reading more!

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

InkAngelXIII

11 Years Ago

Oh dang I didn't notice that. Thanks for the heads up!



Reviews

A very well written first chapter. You gave enough to give reason and purpose to the story. I like the search and finding his friend. I like the tone of the chapter. Accepting the disaster and trying to figure out what to do. I will keep reading. You made me desire to know more. A excellent opening chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There are a lot of grammatical errors in the last bit. Also some of the language is awkward. I like what i am seeing in chapter 1 though and will continue reading. Fixing the errors will strengthen the story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


InkAngelXIII

11 Years Ago

Thank you!
Verin

11 Years Ago

You're most welcome :)
This is really great. I like how you allude to the "infected", creating a sense of suspense to find out what happened. The one thing I would check is your tenses. You switch between past tense and present tense a little bit. I look forward to reading more!

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

InkAngelXIII

11 Years Ago

Oh dang I didn't notice that. Thanks for the heads up!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 12, 2012
Last Updated on December 13, 2012
Tags: Sebastian, Alice, Ash, Anakin, Apocalyptica


Author

InkAngelXIII
InkAngelXIII

Ellendale, ND



About
I am Ink! I am all things good and nerdy, and not so good and devious! I like computers, games, and junk food. I dislike very few things actually. Except doing dishes. I hate dishes. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by InkAngelXIII



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Summer Love Summer Love

A Poem by Aehr