Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Catherine Frain

I believe that Robert Frost’s  poem, “Fire and Ice” fits the world I live in pretty well. A small poem, to fitting,- to much for my liking.


“Some say the world will end in fire,

Some say in ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those who favor fire.

But if it had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate

To say that for destruction ice

Is also great

And would suffice.”


My name is Kai, and this is the story of my struggle with a world that is half-fire and half-ice. I am sixteen years of age. I had a single brother- Hunter- and a single sister- Hickory. Hunter and Hickory were twins, and they were five years my elders.

But now, they are dead- innocent victims of this sad desolate planet.  My parents, dead for the past ten years. But let me tell you what this stupid life is about.

What would you do if you had to chose between Ice or Fire?

I am a weird child in this world, but again so were the twins. We are children of a fiery father and an icy mother. The two of them were never suppose to be together. Fire hated ice. Ice hated Fire. Simple as that. But my parents broke that model of hatred, by getting together.

Our house is in the strip of barren land that wraps all away around the globe, to prevent the two opposites from meeting.

My life is simple. survive. many of the “Fire Nation” and many of the “Ice Nation” male citizens, the highest of all of the soldiers of their lands. I was constantly on the run with fear for my life. No matter how hard I ran, I was always found, but I could always wiggle my way out of any circumstance.

A single weapon of choice, was how I got out of every one of these situations. My own power- complete control over fire and ice. Not that I am bragging, but I don’t have full power over it. I’ve only had it a few months. But that is besides the point.

My life will never be easy, I already know. It hasn't been this far, so why should it be now?



© 2017 Catherine Frain


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on January 31, 2017
Last Updated on January 31, 2017


Author

Catherine Frain
Catherine Frain

Omaha, NE



About
Welcome to my profile! I love to write as you can see- so feel free to write a review and check out the rest of my work. I am slowly posting stuff from my Google account here so yeah! I hope y'all kee.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Catherine Frain


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Catherine Frain


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Catherine Frain