Part 1

Part 1

A Chapter by Catherine Frain

This story will tell you about the day I met him.

It was another regular day in my boring hunted life.  I was walking along the barren land, seeing all shades of browns as I did so. My bare feet hit against the earth causing brown dust to cover my tanned skin. I didn’t even try to shake it off, as I knew it would just cover my skin once more.

It was as I rounded a tree, when I first saw him. A lone figure standing his back turned away from me. The arm held up to shield his eyes from the brightness of the sun as his head turned back and forth. Searching. Searching for me maybe? But they usually send three or four.

I gave a clearing of the throat. “Who are you?” I called, crossing my arms.

He jumped, clearly startled. “I am Tallon.  A member of the Ice Nation. An outsider of my own kind. I come here often to release my negative thoughts, I guess. I hate being around my brethren.”

“Why come into my land? There is no  use for you here. You don’t belong!” I said firing off to him in a hot puff of breath.

“This land is not just yours. You can not just call it your land. This belongs to the world itself. You just walk, plant, and live off this land. You would have a place to call your own, if you were not as strange as my people say,” Tallon had said.

“Does it look like I care? ” I asked him.

“Well.....no not really,” he replied as he shoved his hands into his pockets.

“Then don’t act so high and mighty then. I don’t care for your home nor will I care for a “Fire” head’s home. I prefer my home. If you think you don’t belong, believe me when I say that I don’t belong anywhere..”

“Don't’ give me an attitude,” he said with a slight growl.

I just glared at him, crossing my arms. He hissed under his breath as he slammed me against the tree.

“Don’t you dare give me an attitude,” he snapped at me, his eyes burning with masked emotion.

I struggled under his strong grip. “Let me go,” I hissed to him.

His fingers dug into both of my shoulders, keeping me there.

He stared down at me and said, “Just come with me. Don’t leave yourself here.”

“I don’t want to leave my home. If you don’t are so concerned about me, leave your own home,” I said as I peered up at him.



© 2017 Catherine Frain


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

23 Views
Added on January 31, 2017
Last Updated on January 31, 2017


Author

Catherine Frain
Catherine Frain

Omaha, NE



About
Welcome to my profile! I love to write as you can see- so feel free to write a review and check out the rest of my work. I am slowly posting stuff from my Google account here so yeah! I hope y'all kee.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Catherine Frain


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Catherine Frain


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Catherine Frain