Part 3

Part 3

A Chapter by Catherine Frain

I watched as he let go of my wrist and turned around to walk away. Part of me was glad that he was leaving, but a part of me felt sadden by this. I just turned and walked away, just as he had done. I walked till I reached my own home, which was run down- and shuddered.

“What am I doing? Shuttering at the sight of home...” I muttered, slowly trailing off.

Walking into the room, I fell upon the bed where I gave a big sigh of relief, as I felt my eyes closed.  I do not know if I fell into a good long dreamless sleep, or I had dreamed all night and just didn’t remember the dreams.

I woke as sunlight flooded into the thin walls of the place I called home. I rolled from the bed, and stood up stretching. I grabbed a change of clothes and a towel and slowly walked from my house. There was a pond that was nearby and that was where I bathed. Once I got there I went through the typical things before I bathe, before I walked down into the water. I gave a smile of relief as I felt the cool touch of water. Not much else could calm me down like this water.  I just went further and further into the water, till my feet just barely touched the ground.

The air around me was quiet and peaceful- nothing was moving and it was alright for the time being. The quiet that encased in the area didn’t last long as I heard the grass ruffle under the feet of someone- or people. This grabbed my attention right way and I sank down into the water, just high enough above the water, to breath in air. my eyes narrowed and I watched as the form of a man come into view. It was only when they came closer, that I noticed some features of them. On their right hand was a bright blue tattoo- in the shape of iK, which was the Japanese word for ice. I hissed almost silently, the gentle lull of the water, masking it.

The figure kept moving towards the edge of the water, stopping as the sight of my clothes stopped him. He looked across the surface of the pond, dark green eyes narrowed as he did so. I slowly went under the water, hoping he wouldn’t see me. As soon as my head went underwater, I started to count the seconds.

“60..59..58..57..56...55..54..53..52..51..50. Please don’t find me,” I thought to myself as I moved further into the center of the lake, high enough in the water so that if something happened, I wouldn’t drown. As I slowly surfaced to look, I let out a breath I was holding. They had gone away. I swam towards the shore, standing as my feet touched the sandy bottom, about 2 meters from the shore. Getting out of the water, I grabbed my towel- drying off and redressing.

“Who was that man?” I muttered to myself, my eyes focused on the dirt that stretched out in front of me.

I sighed as I walked, concentrating on the sun as it rose higher and higher into the sky.


© 2017 Catherine Frain


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on January 31, 2017
Last Updated on January 31, 2017


Author

Catherine Frain
Catherine Frain

Omaha, NE



About
Welcome to my profile! I love to write as you can see- so feel free to write a review and check out the rest of my work. I am slowly posting stuff from my Google account here so yeah! I hope y'all kee.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Catherine Frain


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Catherine Frain


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Catherine Frain