Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jess
"

Chapter 1

"

Love.


What is love?


Love is this magical thing. The thing that sends butterflies flying through your stomach. The moment you're in love, and your lips connect, it's magical. The sparks flowing through your body makes you never want to break it.


I've always wanted love. I've been through guy, after guy, after guy. Just trying to find that one amazing thing everyone is looking for. Yet, I can never find it. It's so hard for me to find the one. The one who will always love you no matter what, who will stick by your side, make you grilled cheese when you're sick.


But no. Not me. Here I am, sitting at home listening to One Direction-Little Things thinking “Why can't I be in love?”. But that question remains unanswered.


Frankly; I have no idea if I will ever fall in love. I'll never get married, or have kids even. I'll never get to have the feeling of always being safe and secure in someones arms.


I was raised with love. My parents had the most wonderful relationship you would have ever seen. The way they looked at each other. The way they would always smile in each others presence. It was truly amazing.


The day they died December 23rd 1993 was the day I decided, I want love. I want to experience this heart-warming feeling.


I, Annabell Simmons will find my Prince Charming, no matter how long it takes.























“Anna! Get up lazy a*s!” I heard a voice shout


I lifted my head up just a bit and squinted my eyes able to make out the suspect awakening me from my comfortable slumber. It was none other then Samantha. My best friend since Middle School. I groaned and hit her with my pillow before sliding back down into the warmth of my covers.


“Fine,” she sighed “You asked for this...”


“Ask for wha-” I couldn't finish my sentence before she gripped my feet and tore me from my heaven.


I screamed and thrashed my legs at her.


“B***h,” I groaned “Shouldn't you be with Mike or something?”


Mike was her boyfriend, he was a good 5 years older then her and I, but she loved him unconditionally. Plus the add-on he was beyond gorgeous. I was always jealous that they had such a tight relationship.


“He's golfing with his dad today,” she sighed plopping down on the ground next to me “I told him I didn't wanna go.”


“Why the hell not?”


“It's golfing. I like to shop and buy pink things, not try to hit white balls and end up whacking someone in the face.”


“Oh,”


I stretched and got up from my uncomfortable position on the ground. I heard my front door click and then open and shut.


“Anyone home?” my other bestfriends voice called out.


“KYLE!” me and Sam both shouted running into the living room and hugging the life out of him


“Hello beauty's,” he gave his award winning smile


“What are you doing back so early?” I asked


“The job was a lot shorter then I thought it would be, wasn't very exciting either. Just skinny a*s anorexic girls wearing almost nothing trying to pass off as sexy.” he laughed


Kyle was a professional photographer just like me, only he actually GOT job opportunities, where I on the other hand, haven't even finished photography school.


“That sucks,” I replied, even though I was smiling inside that he was back and I wouldn't have to go weeks missing him


“Yeah,” he shrugged “whatever, though. There will be more jobs for me.”


“True,” I agreed


“By the way, lookin' good Anna.” he smirked down at my PJ's


I was wearing a plain black bra, and some old softball shorts from my senior year. My messy brown hair was thrown up in a ponytail that was halfway hanging down. I looked like a mess.


“It's nothing you haven't seen before,” I winked walking away purposely swaying my a*s side to side as I went into my room laughing.


I heard him and Sam laughing and catching up. We had been in our own little 3 musketeer group since I met Kyle my first year of photography school. We became immediate bestfriends and we always had so much in common.


Sam, however, got into fashion school. She was always into fashion. Whenever we were in 7th grade, we would make our own barbie clothes with needles and thread along with some funky a*s colored fabric. Mine would look like a cave mans outfit, but hers would look like a super-models.


I have always been into photography though. I was in 3rd grade and the class had this project where we would all get our own little cheap cameras and go out to the playground and photograph clouds, and insects, and just all around any living organism or weather. I fell in love with it that day. My aunt got be a camera for my 9th birthday that following year and it was the best day of my life.


I threw on some skinny jeans, a white ruffled top with a light blue cardigan over top, and some white sandals. I took my hair down and ran the brush lazily through in before throwing it back up in a ponytail. And with that, I walked out of my room and back into the living room of my apartment.


“So, how'd the date go last night?” Sam asked me


“The guy wouldn't shut up about his German Sheppard at home. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs but... this guy was acting like he could marry that dog.” I shook my head going into the kitchen to start some coffee.


“Sounds fun!” Kyle shouted from the living room


“Maybe I can set up a date for you two!” I shouted back with a smile on my face before walking back into the living room


“For me?” he gasped dramatically holding his hand to his heart


I walked over to the couch and plopped down throwing my legs onto him.


“Only for you babe,” I winked before sipping my coffee and turning on the TV.


I found the Notebook on and we all piled up onto the couch and watched it. When it came to the end me and Sam knew every word.


“I'm sorry I haven't been able to be here to read to you,” Sam said along with Noah choking it out through tears


“I didn't know what to do,” I said taking to part of Allie also sobbing “I was afraid you were never coming back.”


“I'll always come back,”


“What's gonna happen?” I sniffled “When I can't remember anything anymore? What will you do?”


“I'll be here, I'll never leave you.”


“I need to ask you something,”


“What is it sweetheart?”


“Do you think- that our love- can create miracles?”


“Yes, I do.” Sam sobbed some more “That's w-what brings you back to me each time.”


“Do you think our love- could take us away together?”


“I think our love-can do anything we want it to,”


“I love you,”


“I love you, Allie.”


“Good night,”


“Good night,” she wiped away a tear “I'll be seeing you,”


And then it was over. By the credits we were sobbing our eyes out huddling into Kyle's chest while he just laughed at us.


“Chicks are too deep,” he shook his head


“Are not,” me and Sam both look up at him with puffy eyes


“Are too.”


“I wish I had love like that...” I mumbled more to myself then anyone else


Kyle looked at me for a moment before randomly clearing his throat and standing up making us both fall since the weight we were laying on had disappeared.


“A*****e,” Sam murmured


We both got up blowing our nose into a tissue and stretching.


“I know what we should do!” Sam shrieked


“Hm'?” I asked


“Shopping!” she clapped excitedly


“I'm down. I need to get more film for my camera anyways,” I shrugged


We both looked over to Kyle waiting for his approval, he stood there a minute with his eyebrows raised looking at us like we had 3 heads for a moment before speaking.


“Ah, what the hell. I'm down for some time with my best fraaanddddssss.” he dragged out frands making him seem like a drag queen.


Kyle was FAR from a drag queen. He was the biggest player I knew. He actually got hit with a few purses for staring at someones chest. I shook my head laughing at the memory. I moved into the kitchen turning off the coffee pot and tossing my bag over my shoulder.


“Well,” I said “Let's go, b*****s.”


-*-


We pulled into a parking space at the end of the mall parking lot after searching for 15 minutes. The mall was always so packed on Saturday's. I stared at how far the door was form where we were parked causing me to let out a low groan.


“What's the matter, princess? Too far?” Kyle teased


“For that, you're carrying me.” I stuck my tongue out while holding my arms wide open.


Instead of picking be up bridal style, or even giving me a piggy-back ride, he threw me over his shoulder.


“Hey! What about me?!” Sam whined to Kyle.


He groaned and tossed her over his other shoulder.


“Damn,” I said my eyes wide “Someone's been working out,”


I reached down to squeeze his rock hard bicep.


“Holy s**t,” she said feeling his other one “Dayum boy!”


He just shook his head laughing his a*s off. When we reached the doors he dropped us flat on our asses causing us to let out surprised shrieks.


“Kyle!” we yelled in unison


“Whoops,” he shrugged starting to walk in


I let out a loud animal like cry before running and jumping onto his back causing him to tumble over. He let out a grunt as his face connected with the floor.


“VICTORY!” I shrieked before looking up and meeting about 30 people's stares


“Get off of me, fat a*s!”


“No.”


“Yes.”


“No.”


“Yes!”


“Not until you apologize!”


With that he grabbed my legs flipping me off him and somehow... don't ask me... he ended up on top of me.


“A LITTLE HELP SAM!” I called out but looked past Kyle's shoulder to see her flirting with a hot guy.


The woman had a boyfriend, yet she flirted with any hot guy. I groaned and met eyes contact with Kyle again.


“I'm not apologizing” he smirked down at me


“Yes you are!” I argued


“who says?”


“I say.”

“I don't listen to you.”


“Stop acting like a three year old!” I cried struggling to get out from beneath him and feeling somehting pokey and hard “What the hell?”


“Does that feel like a three year old?” he smirked


What on earth was he talking about.


“OH MY GOD.” I shrieked “EW. EW. EW. EW. EWWW. KYLE GET OFF.”


“Hey! I'm still a man, you were the one rubbing all over me.” he laughed standing up and not even offering me a hand


“IT WASN'T PURPOSELY!” I defended


“Yeah, kay.” he shook his head still laughing.


I got off my a*s and ran over to Sam as fast as I could


“She's has a boyfriend,” I said to the guy without even looking at him


“Oh, I-”


“Mhm,” I cut him off pulling her arm away from him


“Where to?” I asked


“HOT TOPIC!!!” we both chanted


And off we go!



© 2013 Jess


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I Really like this plot;))
It was sad reading about Anna's parents death..I like photography too and I think Kyle likes Anna!!!
Plz moreeeeeeeeeeeee

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 26, 2013
Last Updated on July 26, 2013


Author

Jess
Jess

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jess


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jess


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Jess