Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by JustSomeGirl
"

A little history...

"
On the 1st of December 1995, five children were born under odd circumstances. The man responsible for all of it, sat in on a wooden chair, rubbing his neck whilst a woman with graying hair shouted at him. She had a smart suit on, and was grimacing as she looked over to the five seperate incubators.
"The government will rip the organisation to shreds!" She shreiked at the man, her face red with anger. She fell to the floor, placing her head in her small hands and sobbing. "Jesus Matthew, what have you done?" She didn't need to ask though, because she knew perfectly well what he had done. Injecting the infants with the Compact gene, was endangering their lives when it finally kicked into action. Not to mention the fact that people against the gene would most probably bring hell down on top of them. Apparently they weren't really FOR changing the physical/mental structure of children or anyone for that matter. And then there was the REALLY religious people who beleived that scientists were abusing the intentions of the lord himself...
"Darling, I needed to try it." Matthew Compact sighed, shaking his head and sitting next to his wife. She sniffled slightly, and wiped her nose on a tissue that he had passed to her. "I know, we will be careful, make sure that the people looking after them understand when to inform them of what's happening to them." Four of the young mothers had died later that night due to internal bleeding from the drug, and it looked like the other was in no fit state to look after a child at only sixteen years of age, so it was assumed that all the kids would go into care.
"I know." His wife huffed eventually, gaining a bit of stability. And the woman wasn't even scared for the children, she was scared that some how all this would lead down to her. After all, it had been her that had gathered up the four teen mothers, it had purely been luck that one of them was expecting twins. If any anti genetic modification groups found out about her, she would most probably be hung drawn and quatered, even in this day and age. "I just worry that they are going to be put somewhere far from eachother."
"I will make sure that they all attend the same place..." He said, looking thoughtful. "They should have started college by the time the gene kicks in so we will only have to hope that they are either all clever, or all average..." His words faded, as he watched his wife walk into the room with the children. The newest was born only that morning, and the others were all within a month. However they were being looked after by staff, due to the fact that they had all been born prematurely, due to the gene.
His wife held her hand out to the oldest of the children, who was just about ready to leave, and pulled her into her soft arms. The baby squirmed, and rolled around, making tiny squeaking noises in its sleep.
"Why don't we start a school?" The woman asked raising an eyebrow to her husband, Matthew. He thought about it before shrugging lightly. "It would make so much more sence. And we would be there to teach them... or anyother kids that get the gene in the future." Matthew Compact looked agahst that she had even had the thought, but he brushed off the thought, sure that it was just his wife being broody.
"As nice as that seems, I really don't think we can." He whispered softly, taking the baby from her hands, and putting it back in its trolley. "These kids shouldn't even exist Sheila, the government would grow far to suspisious. And then what would happen to them if the AGM get involved? All our hard work would have been for nothing." Sheila put her hands on her hips, sighing angrily before running out the room. The baby besides him squealed delightfully, clenching it's hands together and opening its lazy eyes slightly. Matthew watched in awe, just before an explosion knocked him off his feet, and into the air.


© 2012 JustSomeGirl


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Firstly - the proper spelling is "Prologue". :)

Now for the story itself. The plot is simple but intriguing enough. The spelling/grammatical errors aside, you could attempt to elaborate more on the threat of the five children - why exactly would the government try to shut them down? What is the factor that makes the wife panic so? I can grasp the gist of it - a questionable enhancing prototype was injected into five children - but which part of it makes it so repulsive to the government? The end of the prologue comes too abruptly. I get you're trying to make the end sudden - dramatic - but a lot more description is needed to achieve that effect.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

JustSomeGirl

11 Years Ago

Hi, thanks for the advise, I sort of mis-typed the 'Prologue' part, oops. Also with the actual story.. read more



Reviews

Firstly - the proper spelling is "Prologue". :)

Now for the story itself. The plot is simple but intriguing enough. The spelling/grammatical errors aside, you could attempt to elaborate more on the threat of the five children - why exactly would the government try to shut them down? What is the factor that makes the wife panic so? I can grasp the gist of it - a questionable enhancing prototype was injected into five children - but which part of it makes it so repulsive to the government? The end of the prologue comes too abruptly. I get you're trying to make the end sudden - dramatic - but a lot more description is needed to achieve that effect.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

JustSomeGirl

11 Years Ago

Hi, thanks for the advise, I sort of mis-typed the 'Prologue' part, oops. Also with the actual story.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

322 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 9, 2012
Last Updated on August 9, 2012


Author

JustSomeGirl
JustSomeGirl

United Kingdom



About
I love writing, and I love to share it with others. I am absoloutly insane, but it's what makes me; me. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by JustSomeGirl


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by JustSomeGirl