PART FIVE

PART FIVE

A Chapter by Kelsey
"

Annie's Diary

"

It took forever to acquire money for the trip to Russia, I had to ask for favors and trade items I owned in order to get the gold. I ended up parting with a pair of shoes that the Queen gave me, but it was well worth it in the end. I was able to get the money I needed, and I made it in time to catch the last ship before it left port. The ship I boarded later on in the day was called Cinnamon Rush. Beautiful name for a lovely vessel... I felt a momentary fear as I stepped on board the ship, a vision of waves tearing their way through the bowels of the ship... Lightning clawing its way through the mast. I finally mastered myself and climbed aboard.

It’s more peaceful in the nighttime, which is usually the time that I come above deck. I find it safest at that time. I look at the water almost every night and see Patrick waving at me from a distance, with me in his arms. He’d smile and then kiss the other me. Over and over I saw that image... And repeatedly I wished for it to come true. Marriage. How wistful. Who knew?

But I shan’t go into those matters. Not until... Well... Then.

I’d never dreamed that I’d see another boat pass by. Something called After The Rain. This boat is also pretty. I must be hallucinating, I can see Patrick... On the poop... Waving at me.

"Patrick?" I called.

He continued to wave, but then he stopped and grimaced. We saw each other only moments longer. Then, as soon as it appeared, it was gone. It wasn’t him. I know it wasn’t. Was it?

 



© 2008 Kelsey


Author's Note

Kelsey
I'm sorry this whole book looks weird, my computer is acting really strange lately so I'm lucky that this is posting at all. I'm trying my best though, and I'd still love some reviews.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on March 13, 2008


Author

Kelsey
Kelsey

GA



About
I'm 22-years-old. I am a Christian writer-singer girl who enjoys fried chicken, the color green, and the ability to dance about ridiculously in the rain. I hope you enjoy my writing (new and old!). more..

Writing
One Year Later One Year Later

A Story by Kelsey