PART SEVEN

PART SEVEN

A Chapter by Kelsey
"

Annie's Diary

"
I guess it couldn’t be him, really. He is dead. They’d put him in a coffin, lowered him into the ground, and then buried him... Way down below his Kingdom. I shivered. Instead of reigning over his Kingdom, he reigned beneath it. Not a pleasant thought at all. I continued to stare ahead into the darkness. The night before it had rained. Whoever said that rain made the air smell clean, a new beginning, has never been on a boat before. On the ocean I’ve experienced not only the fear of the rocking ship and the angry waves rolling in torrents, but the horrid smells of the sea. A pungent smell reached my nose as the wind shifted. I grimaced. Such putrid water! Such distasteful air!
"Nasty," I whispered to myself and a passing sailor stared at me. They all wear blue shirts with white pantaloons. All except captain and water boy. The water boy wore a shirt of shirt of a rich red and the captain wore a night-sky black shirt.
Passengers were customarily told to stay off deck, but I couldn’t resist. I would brave the smells and dangers just for the chance to be the first to see land. Moreover, I wanted to be the first to set foot onto it. I did return below decks when the air became too bad to stand any longer. I had fallen in love with the look of the ocean, just the sight of it was enough to send your heart pounding. I looked up at the sky. Nightfall coming. The sky was darkening, the sun falling slowly down. I smiled. Soon, the sun would peek behind the water’s edge and its golden rays would light up the waves of low tide. It did. I was nearly blinded by its phosphorescent light. I squinted but smiled as well. I couldn’t help it.
Finally, I sighed, "Oh Patrick, I wish you were here. I wish you could see this." Suddenly a familiar voice filled my head: "I will always love you... Annie." I smirked. Too bad that that had only been my imagination working its wonders upon the boat, playing tricks on me and not Patrick.
"I will always love you... Patrick." I said to the night sky. Then I descended the stairs into the bowels of the ship and crawled into bed.


© 2008 Kelsey


Author's Note

Kelsey
I promise, it does eventually get better. However, the mushiness gets mushier.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on March 14, 2008


Author

Kelsey
Kelsey

GA



About
I'm 22-years-old. I am a Christian writer-singer girl who enjoys fried chicken, the color green, and the ability to dance about ridiculously in the rain. I hope you enjoy my writing (new and old!). more..

Writing
One Year Later One Year Later

A Story by Kelsey