Chapter Five-- Incidence and Consequence

Chapter Five-- Incidence and Consequence

A Chapter by Phoenix Alleena

  “That kid, Eric... he’s an EMO idiot!” exclaimed Anthony, as I drifted down the hall to the library, emotionless. Anthony was angry at the scene Eric had caused in math class.

  “All he wants is attention! God, I just can’t deal with them anymore.  Those types…ugh! They just don’t belong.” I nodded, and looked sideways at him.

  “Hey Anthony?” I asked. He let out a sigh.

  “Yeah?” he answered, as we crossed the threshold of the library’s doors.

  “I kind of have something to say, before this gets out of hand.” We put our books on the table in front of the window, and then sat on the windowsill.

  “Well, what?” he asked. I looked away. The sky was a nice color blue now, and the leaves on the ground looked even more beautiful from up here on the second floor. I could feel my face flushing.

  “Well, it’s sort of about you and Stephenie.” I admitted. My voice was barely audible.

  “Oh. Well, about what?” Anthony asked, tilting his head sideways. He was too cute to hurt like this. I wanted to say things like…

  “Hey, your girlfriend is a torturous fiend who’ll only dump you tomorrow!” but I just couldn’t bring myself to do it.

  “I … I just wanted to say that…” Anthony looked confused as I struggled to find the right words.

  Anthony smiled, and nodded. He reached over, and patted my shoulder.

  “I’ll go get you a dictionary, Bells.” He said, mocking me.

  I smiled, though on the inside I felt very rejected, and I hadn’t even told him what I had meant to tell yet. I looked back at him, but his eyebrows were furrowed.

  “Wait. Do you hear that?” Anthony asked. Suddenly, a silence blanketed the library.

  Shrieks crescendoed from the hallway to a blare that made my ears hurt.

  “Bells!” shouted Anthony, who jumped in front of me. The door crashed open, and a black trench coat slightly waved in the breeze. Fear’s cold hand gripped my soul. I couldn’t move, I couldn’t breathe.

  Eric was standing with a gun pointed at Anthony.

  “Stand aside.” Eric said. His voice was colder than ice, and his once blue eyes were black, like the hair on his head. I couldn’t scream, though I wanted to.

  “Anthony!” I choked out, trying to persuade him to run, to get out of the way.

 “I’m asking you to put the gun down, Eric.” Anthony said. He stood, still shielding me. It all happened in flashes. The butt of the gun smashed the side of Anthony’s skull, dazed and blacking out on the floor.

  “Anthony!” I screeched in the highest notes my voice could allow.

  “Not here, huh.” Eric said. His mutinous face turned to me, and I was still screaming.

  “SHUT UP!” he yelled, and dropped the gun. He looked panicked now. All the muscles in my body felt paralyzed. He shoved me with both hands, and I couldn’t fight back. My brain simply would not allow it.

  The glass shattering around me was the last sound I heard. I felt like I was floating, more than falling. Tears escaped my eyes, as I frantically worried about Anthony, and how ironic it was that I was no longer concerned about myself.

  The blackness was profound, and soon it was all I saw.

 



© 2008 Phoenix Alleena


Author's Note

Phoenix Alleena
Don't you want to judge Eric?

The Story is not over ;D


I'm being evasive.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow... This really puts the Stephenie thing in perspective, huh?

I like the dramatic turn this story's taken. It separates it from the rest of the highschool-fiendish-cheerleader stories out there and makes for a much more compelling plot. Can't wait to read the next chapter! :D

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 27, 2008
Last Updated on September 27, 2008


Author

Phoenix Alleena
Phoenix Alleena

Amarynth



About
Hello there! It's time to edit my profile, no? My name; it's Katie, A. Morton to be exact. There's nobody like me; for I am one in a myriad of others. ---- I'm an aspiring English Teacher / Autho.. more..

Writing