Chapter Six-- Nightmare

Chapter Six-- Nightmare

A Chapter by Phoenix Alleena

  A shriek sounded through my house. I sat straight up in bed, and I realized that it had been my own voice. I closed my mouth abruptly, and noticed I was shaking like a leaf. Mom burst in through my bedroom door, and rushed to my side.

  “Isabelle! Hon’! What’s wrong?”

I put my hands on my head, sure that there would be glass embedded in my skull. When I found nothing, I threw my blanket off and a tried to stand. I didn’t even get dizzy.

  “Bells?” Mom asked, with concern painted on her face. Admittedly, I was dazed. A second ago, I was being shoved through the second floor window at school. Now, it played out as a horrible, vivid dream.

  “Nightmare?” I asked, whispering. “It seemed so real…” I was still shaking. Mom hugged me.

  “Bells, you can stay home today, if you want.”

  Just for a nightmare? Mom only ever let me stay home if I was barfing. Had something happened? All of a sudden, my alarm clock rang. It was already time to get up for school. Mom flicked on the light on her way out.

  “Just let me know, okay?” Mom asked, over her shoulder in a gentle voice.

  “Yeah…” I answered. It was then that I noticed my surroundings. It wasn’t really my bedroom. Or, maybe it was, but things had changed. For instance, there was a beautiful, fancy, queen sized canopy bed in place of my old twin sized one. The bedside table was white with gold trim, to match the bed frame. The rug was soft, and ruby red. The only thing that remained the same was my old, digital alarm clock.

  My brain processed the images quickly, and I rushed to my closet. I threw open the doors to a sight I thought I’d never see in my entire life. A walk-in closet filled with all sorts of beautiful, expensive clothes and shoes. One corner had a shelf for the sole purpose of storing purses, with prestigious labels.

  My mouth fell open, unable to grasp my newfound treasure, mentally.

  “Mom!?” I yelled. She rushed through my door, again. I noticed she was wearing designer, silk pajamas. “Where’d we get all of this…?” I asked, staring around in awe. Mom put her hand on my forehead.

  “Honey, we’ve always had all of this.” She said, and paused, narrowing her eyes. “You sure you’re fine?”

  I shook my head, and looked back at her.

  “Y-yeah. I’m more than fine. This must just be from the nightmare.”

  “All right, Bells. Get  dressed, so you can have some breakfast with me.” Mom answered, satisfied at my sanity. She turned and left, and I buried myself in the closet.

  I couldn’t really decide what to wear. I didn’t know the importance of the clothes’ labels and brand names, but I picked out a nice, yet casual blue top and a pair of expensive looking jeans. I travelled into the bathroom, which had a story of it’s own. I couldn’t place words to how different I felt. Out of place, or confused. Maybe I was crazy, and always woke up forgetting this life.

  In the mirror, my face was free of signs insomniacs usually showed. The freckles didn’t stand out, as my skin had a healthier complexion. I picked up a bleu hair band, and fixed it over my hair, which was tamed…oddly enough.

  “Bells! Hurry Up! You’re late! Anthony’s been waiting!” Mom yelled up the stairs.



© 2008 Phoenix Alleena


Author's Note

Phoenix Alleena
Which world is real, and which is false?
Can you feel the confusion that Bells feels?
Do you know the feeling of waking up,
completely amazed at the world around you,
after a deep sleep?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm really looking forward to reading more. The detail is brilliant! I liked this line in Chapter 4: "I'd been formulating sentences in my head to say to him, but like rubbish first-draft essays, they were all discarded." I love the metaphors.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Fascinating! I can't wait to read the next chapter!

My only critique on this one is to maybe go into more detail with Isabelle's shock at finding herself in new surroundings. Like in your story, eventually she'd probably just go along with what her mom says so they won't think she's insane, but she composes herself a little too quickly, at least in my opinion. I could be wrong, but you should consider adding on a little more shock.

I really like where this story's going!!! Keep writing! =D

Posted 15 Years Ago


Well now, the plot thickens. Very interesting.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

228 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 27, 2008


Author

Phoenix Alleena
Phoenix Alleena

Amarynth



About
Hello there! It's time to edit my profile, no? My name; it's Katie, A. Morton to be exact. There's nobody like me; for I am one in a myriad of others. ---- I'm an aspiring English Teacher / Autho.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Muse Muse

A Poem by