Chapter Seven -- I See You

Chapter Seven -- I See You

A Chapter by Phoenix Alleena

“A coma?” came the voice of a frightened mother. She sniffed repeatedly, as if in hysterics.

  “Oh no…” came another voice. His was more confused, and guilty sounding. It was familiar, not strange or angry.

  “We…we can’t give a definite answer, Mrs. Stephans. She’s suffered severe spine and head trauma, and has lost too much blood. It’s a miracle she’s alive, even holding on right now. Too many bones are broken, and she’ll have scars for the rest of her life…from the glass shards.”

  There was hysterical weeping again, and the sound of feet leaving. The boy came into Isabelle’s room. He had a white bandage wrapped around his head, to cover a slash that had been made from the impact of the gun. He sat down in the chair nest to her, and held on to her hand. She couldn’t move, or even breathe on her own. A part of her was missing, despite the warmth still left in her hands. She had many bandages, and several casts.

  “I’m so sorry, Bells…” came the voice of the boy, who was Anthony. He hung his head as a tear rolled down his face and onto the floor.

  “If I ‘d taken Eric down,” he said, despair weighing down his voice. “He…he’s in prison now…because I was able to tell them.” He stopped and sighed. “I should’ve been the one laying here, a broken shell like this. Not you...” He paused and looked at all the machines attached to her. Several students lost their lives and many more were injured due to the anger and hostility of one boy.

  Here, someone he cared about lay on the line between life and death, dangling above by a thread, if that.

  At first, in a daze, he inquired about Stephenie. She was recovering from a bullet wound in her shoulder. She didn’t think to say “Thanks” as her life was being saved. She complained about the lack of pillows, or the quality of the food. It was then that he realized what really mattered, and here she was, laying in a coma right in front of him. Bitterly, he thought about how kind she always was, and how selfless she could be. There was nothing he wouldn’t do now to get her to wake up from a slumber she didn’t have to be in.  He lifted his head from his hands, and examined her face, hoping for any sign of life.

  All of a sudden, one machine began a steady beep. Anthony stood, and panicked. Was she dying? His thoughts raced frantically, until he pressed the call button on the wall. A doctor from the hall walked in.

  “Doctor!” Anthony choked out, “What’s wrong?!?” the doctor simply placed an old, wrinkled hand on Anthony’s shoulder. His face was aged, and blue eyes hid behind glasses, and locks of grey hair.

  “Don’t worry. This is an excellent sign. She’s merely dreaming.” Said the doctor. His voice was light, and full of reassurance. Anthony let out a sigh, and relaxed. He fell into his chair again, and took her hand.

  “Bells. I hope that you’ll dream of waking up. I hope that you’ll be okay…soon. I just don’t want this to be the end.” He paused, and examined her still face again. “I want you to escape from the dream world…” he concluded. He lifted her hand, and kissed the back of it, before leaving behind the doctor. It was all in her hands now.

 



© 2008 Phoenix Alleena


Author's Note

Phoenix Alleena
Perhaps not at this drastic scale,
but I know that I've been in a situation
waiting, praying...hoping that a person would
get better. Praying that it would all just turn out fine...
because you realize how important they are
after something happens...

I See You or I.C.U?

Take it what way you wish, be sure to include in your comment.

A quote for the thirsty from chapter 5
"�Not here, huh.� Eric said. His mutinous face turned to me, and I was still screaming."

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i love it so far, i can't wait for more :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I have to say that I agree with Justin's comments!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like it! So, in her dream, she's seeing what life would be like if things went the way she wanted. Meanwhile, Anthony is realizing what a great person she is. Quite a dramatic way of imparting this message!

My only problem with the storyline so far is the thing with Eric. It doesn't quite make sense that he'd just attack two people for no reason... Maybe it's just something you haven't revealed yet, but the story would be much more believable if there was a cause for that.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 10, 2008
Last Updated on October 14, 2008


Author

Phoenix Alleena
Phoenix Alleena

Amarynth



About
Hello there! It's time to edit my profile, no? My name; it's Katie, A. Morton to be exact. There's nobody like me; for I am one in a myriad of others. ---- I'm an aspiring English Teacher / Autho.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Muse Muse

A Poem by