Letters

Letters

A Chapter by Eliott
"

Ian reveals his findings as he takes a second look at Gabe's old letters.

"
After therapy, I went home and studied the writing I had found. I started with the formal documents that must have been typed with the typewriter, which was also left behind when Gabe left. But none of them seemed to be written in code and were not helpful. So I moved on to letters. The following are the letters that seemed the most significant as far as I could see. (These are not in a particular order since none of them were dated, so I'm not sure of the order in which they were written. I'm still trying to work that part out.)

Dear Hammer,

I know we didn't end things on a good note, but I just wanted to make sure you were okay after the infestation. I know I'm not and I'm not sure I ever will be. I know we had our differences and the way I handled the situation that day was questionable. I struggle not to blame myself and I know you probably judge me for not interfering or protecting caterpillar. But you know we both tried. As far as what happened to the shell, I truly don't know. Obviously it was broken but I don't know how or who did it. I just wanted to write to you to let you know that even though the maniacal song is over, it would be a good idea for us to keep since we both know exactly how the weather is. Please write back as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
Your (Least) Favorite Pirate


Dear Burglar,

What do you think about the insect? I really don't want him listening but how else can we be sure he won't break the statue? I definitely don't want that to happen, but I'm still not sure if playing it for him is the best way to keep that from happening. Since you are the oldest and my favorite singer I decided I should take it up with you before I decide anything.

Please write back!
Your Favorite Pirate


Dear Caterpillar,

The last chapter was amazing! I'm still thinking about it. But I know you are still using the hammer, and I don't want to pressure you to do anything. You don't have to decide yet. For now, just know that I'm eating and I hope you are too. I hope we can read again tomorrow!

Love,
Your Favorite Pirate


Dear Burglar,

I captured a caterpillar last night. I know what you're thinking: what about the hammer? I think the caterpillar will be done using it soon. I'm only telling you this so if you see the hammer and it has questions, you can borrow it from me.

Thanks!
Your Favorite Pirate


Dear Burglar,

We are listening in the wagon tomorrow. That will keep bugs away. If an insect happens to find us, we will make it come inside or leave. That way we can go on wheels.

Thanks,
Your Favorite Pirate

(The previous letter was written three more times, addressing Hammer, Double-Dutch, and Caterpillar.)

Dear Burglar,

I am very excited to tell you that we will be listening to the song again tomorrow night! I worked things out with Hammer and we agreed that ending the song was unreasonable. So we will listen at the usual time and place tomorrow.

Enthusiastically,
You Favorite Pirate

(The above letter was also written more than once, addressing Double-Dutch and Caterpillar.)


Dear Caterpillar,

I am sorry about the way I acted with the hammer, and I wish we could have found another way besides ending the song. I know you were annoyed with both of us, but I am still eating and I am very sorry. I hope you can forgive my childish behavior.

Love,
That Annoying Pirate Again


Dear Burglar,

I hope I can still be you favorite singer. I know things are different now and I don't know if they will ever be the same again. But you are still my favorite singer and I hope you will still come to the game, if it isn't cancelled. It will definitely be hard to continue playing and obviously we will not listen to the song again. But I know that we can get past the infestation. And I think we are still safe from the Mosquitos since the statue was never broken. Aside from when the song first came out of course, since we sometimes brought flowers then. But after the song ended the first time nobody ever brought flowers up again so nobody knows we listened after that. I went back to the radio after the infestation but somebody beat me to it. The shell was already broken and the radio's antenna was gone. There is no way for anybody to know we were listening during the infestation. So I think after a lot of Tuesdays we can move past what happened.

Your Hopeful Optimistic Singer,
Ex-Pirate


Dear Double-Dutch,

I know that all of the singers probably blame themselves for what happened, but you and I are probably doing the worst. Aside from the caterpillar, obviously. I wanted to tell you that I don't think it was your fault or anyone's besides Insect. We were obviously all scared and I don't know that we could have stopped it from happening. I hope you are okay and I know we probably won't be able to sing for each other anymore, since we never did before the maniacal song came out. So as what may very well be my final message to you, I wanted to say I'm sorry about picking on you so much and about the nickname. In all honesty, I really do like you and I hope you have a great life. I will really miss you.

With Love and Nostalgia,
Pirate


Dear Caterpillar,

I am so so so so so sorry! I never should have let the Insect into the radio in the first place. If I had been smarter or stronger this never would have happened. I am eating so much and if I had been nicer to that insect like you said you never would have been collected and the infestation wouldn't have happened. I am eating so much and I'm so incredibly sorry. I don't expect you to forgive me and I understand if you don't want to play the game anymore. Above all, I hope you feel better because I can't stand to see you in pain.

Love,
The Worst Butterfly Ever


Dear Pirate,

I think we should just let the insect in. I know it won't break the statue if we threaten it. It believes everything. Besides, it might be kind of fun to mess with it. It's still your decision though. I know it won't break the statue if we let it in because it wants to come in so bad.

Thanks for asking me!
Burglar


Dear Double-Dutch,

We have decided to let the insect in because it might break the statue if not, even if we threaten it because it cries loudly every time we try to repel it and it always follows us, so it might attract other insects. I know this isn't ideal, but I can always kick it out if necessary.

Thanks,
Pirate

PS: Please pass this along to the hammer and the caterpillar.


Dear Burglar,

We will listen to thirty less beats tomorrow so I can tell everyone the topic before insect comes. Also, I think it will be really funny if we speak Spanish the entire time. If insect asks what we're saying we should act like he's stupid for not knowing what anything means. Please pass this along to Hammer, Double-Dutch, and Caterpillar.

Thanks,
Your Favorite Pirate


Dear Pirate,

I am eating too! I'm done with the hammer and I'm returning it today. I agree, I loved the last chapter too. We should read again tonight. I won't tell Hammer why I'm returning it so don't worry.

Love,
Caterpillar


Dear Pirate,

It's not your fault. Maybe if I wasn't so nice to him it wouldn't have happened. I just felt so bad for him. It will be a long time before I'm better, but when I am, I still want to play the game. I am still eating and I don't blame you for anything. I feel just as responsible as anyone else. And don't worry. Nobody knows who collected me. You are still the best butterfly ever.

Love,
Caterpillar


Pirate,

F**k you. I do blame you because it was your f*****g fault. I always treated the caterpillar way better than you, and if you had just listened to me the insect would never have been in the song in the first place. I don't forgive you and I never will. Don't write to me again.

Go to hell!
Hammer


© 2015 Eliott


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on July 1, 2015
Last Updated on July 3, 2015


Author

Eliott
Eliott

IL



About
Hey guys. If you remember me, I used to write here under the name Katie. Katie is gone. We are Eliott now. We have always used writing as an outlet, and ever since we were little we wanted to be a .. more..

Writing
Flip a Switch Flip a Switch

A Poem by Eliott