Journals

Journals

A Chapter by Eliott
"

We get a look into some of Gabe's old journals.

"
After the letters, I went through the journals. A lot of them were not about the club at all and very few were written in code. The coded ones were all towards the end of one journal. The following journal entries are those that seemed the most important.

August 9, 1950

God, Eleanor is gorgeous! I didn't notice until now cuz I guess I was still hung up on Laura. But she really is. I guess everyone else knew that already, cuz they were all over her. I wonder if she still likes me. I know she used to when we were younger but I guess she doesn't anymore, or else she's just better at hiding it.


August 29, 1950

Frank and Eleanor got together. I'm still with Sarah right now so I should be okay with it. I'm just a little jealous but I don't know why.


September 8, 1950

When Eleanor was sick on Wednesday we got to talk about a lot of things we normally wouldn't. So we all met early without Eleanor today and voted and we decided to make every Wednesday No Girls Wednesday.


March 25, 1953

Eleanor came today even though it was Wednesday. She looked like she might cry and she said it's not fair to make her leave because she's the same as us and that she wouldn't leave. She wanted to know why we'd made that rule. I don't know what suddenly brought this up, but she was pretty upset. So I told her it was because she was so beautiful that we were all distracted and we couldn't treat her like just another kid because she wasn't, she was special. She said that was shallow of us, but she left and stopped talking about it. But after we were done meeting, she was sitting behind the tree. Nobody else saw her but I asked what she was doing there and she kissed me.


March 30, 1953

I told Tommy about Eleanor and me and he said I should teach the code to her. She's still with Frank, and I'm not sure if that means she likes him more than me or if she just doesn't want to hurt his feelings.


April 16, 1953

Eleanor finally broke up with Frank but she didn't tell him why. I was glad because I didn't think she would. After all they were together for three whole years! But I'm sure happy she did because we won't have to sneak around anymore. We'll wait a couple days of course so he won't notice.


April 18, 1953

Frank found out about me and Eleanor. He's such a baby. He said he wanted me to leave the club and I said no way because it's my club and they're not meeting without me in my own backyard! So he said he would leave and I said good so he left and Jack went with him and then Eleanor got mad for some reason and left so it was jut me and Tommy. We said that wasn't much of a club.


April 19, 1953

Tommy and me were the only ones who showed up today. I guess that means the club's over. This stinks. I still don't know why Eleanor's mad but I wrote a note to apologize.


July 12, 1953

Frank and I made up and the club is back together!! I'm so happy because I really missed everyone except Frank!


July 17, 1953

This stupid kid keeps following us. Well I say kid but he's really probably older than me, he's just dumb. But he sure is big. He keeps following us to the treehouse and begging to come in. When we tell him no he screams and cries. I might let him in because if I don't other people might hear him and follow us and find out about the club. We don't want everyone to know about it because everything we say there is secret. I don't know what his name is. Right now we just call him insect, like we call everyone we don't like.


July 21, 1953

So we let Toby into the club. But nobody likes him or wants him there. We make fun of him all the time but he doesn't catch on because he's so slow. And he has a huge crush on Eleanor. She's the only one who's nice to him. I think because she's a girl and she feels so bad for him. We talk in code a lot more now around him and he doesn't know what it means but he pretends he does because we call him stupid if he doesn't know. He's really annoying, but sometimes it's funny to mess with him.


September 14, 1953

I finally asked Eleanor to marry me! She said yes and we're going to get married in February!!


October 1, 1953

This entry is written in Spanish for obvious reasons. We were poking an insect about eating a caterpillar and the insect was buzzing. It buzzed so much that it started stinging me. It was so much bigger than me that I couldn't get it away. Everyone tried to get it to stop except the hammer but nobody touched it because I guess they were all scared they would get stung. Then the double-dutch champ said that the caterpillar would capture the insect if it didn't sting anymore so it stopped stinging. After the caterpillar captured it the insect collected it and we didn't know what to do because we were all so scared. The caterpillar was shedding and it was hurt. So when the insect was weak we all tried to get it away and we told it not to listen anymore but it started shedding and trying to get to the caterpillar. We were afraid the caterpillar would dry up if the insect went to it again so we spun it and it crawled out of the radio. Then it infested us and we were all shocked. We took the caterpillar to the wagon to morph and we all said we wouldn't mention it again. Later that night I went back to the radio to erase the markings but they were already erased. So now I'm just sitting at sea, talking to no one and still in shock.


October 5, 1953

I am still having horrible vertigo but I have not talked to anyone about what happened. I can't sleep or consume food. Needless to say, we will not be listening to the song again. I wrote to the caterpillar but it never wrote back.

October 7, 1953

The caterpillar wrote back and said that it is still eating and still wants to play the game, but it will have to be postponed so it will have time to recover. I miss it so much. I decided to write to everyone else, even the hammer, and see how they're doing after the infestation. I told them that even though we won't listen anymore I hope we can still sing and I think we should keep since we all know how the weather is. Nobody has written back yet.


November 7, 1953

The hammer wrote back and it was not happy at all. It hates me now. I still have not heard from Double-Dutch or the Burglar.


November 15, 1953

The Burglar said that he would still come to the game and that he is under the same umbrella. He still wants to sing but he doesn't want to see me or any other singer for a while outside of the hole. Everyone has been avoiding me at the hole and not talking to each other either. The caterpillar has not been back since the infestation.


February 26, 1954

I saw the caterpillar again today. It was buried. It seemed very surprised when I told it that I still wanted to play the game. I captured it but it started shedding. Then I just hugged it for a long time.


June 30, 1954

The caterpillar spit and it was pink!


September 3, 1954

We played the game today! We didn't swim though because when we were going to it made the caterpillar have vertigo about the infestation.


May 22, 1956

We finally swam for the first time today and the caterpillar was okay. Also, I am very glad that the spider is starting to jump on the caterpillar. If it had jumped on the insect I don't know how I would have felt. But the spider is beautiful.


© 2015 Eliott


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on July 1, 2015
Last Updated on July 1, 2015


Author

Eliott
Eliott

IL



About
Hey guys. If you remember me, I used to write here under the name Katie. Katie is gone. We are Eliott now. We have always used writing as an outlet, and ever since we were little we wanted to be a .. more..

Writing
Flip a Switch Flip a Switch

A Poem by Eliott