Midnight Parties

Midnight Parties

A Chapter by Khyrro

A hand poked at Reed who clearly annoyed shooed it away. "Get up!" a voice demanded and striped him of his warm sheets leaving him curled up in a ball holding onto his pillow. "Its time to get up" the voice sounded again this time yanking Reed to his feet.
"Has anyone told you that your the worst prefect ever?" Reed sighed pulling on a thin jacket and slipped on his sneakers. "Who's our victim this time?"

"What are you talking about I'm the best prefect Templer house has ever had!" the prefect objected with a smirk. "Her name is Alice Pharo, I believe I saw you at that wonderful mess of a party, I'm sure you remember her." he laughed and elbowed the younger boy playfully.
"Please tell me you didn't forget to give our new boarder their key again James" they quickly opened and shut the door to meet to other boys standing side by side smiling.
"I actually remembered thank you very much. She apparently thought I was joking when I told her that she was going to need it." James huffed and nodded to the two brothers who in turn grinned and took off toward the front of the house.
"Bad for her, she's gonna get scared to death. Not that anyone here really cares" Reed glared at his older brother with fierce disdain. He remembered what happened the night of his first day at Master Academy, it wasn't a day easily forgotten by anyone.

"Just because you got angry and nearly smacked Jordan hard on the nose doesn't mean she will" James seemed to be pondering over whether or not they should have taken some precautions on this journey. There was always a few boarders who got angry enough to hurt someone.

It was Reed who spotted Jordan and Freddy first. They were caring a package tied in some tough rope that was clearly stolen from Sadie and Damian, of course with the amount of stuff those two had it wasn't going to be missed. 

"She still asleep?" Reed asked, his voice dropped to a low hushed as he approached them cautiously.

"Asleep? I wouldn't be surprised if she's gonna sleep through the entire night!" Freddy laughed as he dragged..... Alice? Farther and farther away from her dorm, feet would be dragging on the ground if she wasn't tied up as Freddy was rather short.

"How about you let me carry her?" Jordan kicked Freddy and took Alice from her. James didn't even make a move to stay anything about the two's jostling over the magically still asleep girl.

Slowly people started to flood into the hallways surrounding them. Most people would still be asleep, but there was still a good number of students who would join in the 'fun' of welcoming their new boarder.

Leaves flew into the hallway as the students opened the doors to the midnight air wide. The only thing out in the field in sight was a small pocket of trees lit up by previously set flashlights and fire set off to the side for warmth. 

Crushed leaves and pine needles sounded under foot as 20 or so teens spread out on logs or standing around the fire. It wasn't very organized, but it was better then when he had his 'warm' welcome to Templer House. This time Sami actually remembered to bring the food and Zack actually got a large bottle of sprite instead of two small ones.

"Hey careful or you're gonna break her arm or something!" Reed caught Alice as clumsy Jordan was about to accidentally drop her, his catch and him setting her down against a log of coursed caused their precious new boarder to wake up and awkwardly jump. 

"Wha??? Where am I?" she wondered aloud and everyone including Reed himself just had to laugh at her innocence. 

"Welcome to Templer house" everyone said, most of them still slightly laughing. Although Alice was looking angry, though not as much as Reed remembered himself to be. 

"Hey why am I all tied up and why the heck are we outside at midnight?" she kept asking questions. Reed would have answered them if crazy Freddy didn't beat him to it. Great, he thought knowing very well that no one should trust Jordan and especially Freddy with things like this.

"Well your tied up just in case your subconscious wants to attack us and last time we left someone untied that certain person nearly sent me to the hospital with a fractured nose...." everyone's eyes were on Reed. Starting to feel pressure he started to back up only to get shoved forward again by James.

"Hey!" Reed hissed and jabbed his older brother in the stomach. He was never one to like all the attention. 

"Anyway I'll untie you." Oddly enough it was Sami who talked. The dark brown haired girl usually didn't untie someone. It was either that the tomboy has taken a liking to the newbie or Sami wants something. For Alice's sake he hoped option number one was true.

"Time to party then!" Zack laughed and held up the potato chips bag causing an uproar in cheers and random laughter. So Zack was in charge of the chips, that wasn't new, it wasn't a secret that Zack had an obsession over potato chips.

"Lets hope you actually dance this time. I brought your favorite party song..." James teased his younger brother with another one of his famous playful smiles. Sometimes Reed wondered how James came to be prefect cause clearly being responsible wasn't one of his fortes.

"Fine, as long as I can soak you with water." he grinned. Rule number one, James has an odd fear of water. 

"Aww...... oh.... fine" they shook on it. One point to Reed, 200 left to go to beat his brother in the fine art of life.

"Yes!" he grinned and charged over to where he had previously hid a large jug of ice cold water. This should give James a good scare.

Number one rule with Reed, he wasn't as innocent as he seemed.

"Surprise!" he laughed cheerfully as an excessive amount of water cascaded onto the unsuspecting James. Maybe it wasn't the feeling of actually winning an argument over James, but rather seeing him jump like an elephant when it sees a mouse that made Reed laugh till he could barely breath. 

"Don't give yourself a heart attack." Sean giggled, but no one laughed, not a single soul. No one broke a smile. Only until Reed, now dead silent broke the silence with a "Who wants to listen to 'Raise your glass'?" did anyone start talking.

Sean now was the only one quiet, finally realizing what he had done. It was one of the rules James had put up, no laughing about heart attacks. No one knew why, but it was one of the few rules that James actually enforced.

"Y-yeah!" Damian shouted and jogged over to the ipod connected to a small set of loud speakers and pressed 'play'. 

Right, right, turn off the lights
We're gonna lose our minds tonight
What's the deal, yo?
I love when it's all too much
5 a.m. turn the radio up
Where's the rock 'n roll?

Party crasher, panty snatcher
Call me up if you're a gangsta
Don't be fancy, just get dancy
Why so serious?

Even before the 'Why so serious?' part everyone started to sing, even if their voices were a little wobbly with the jumping and dancing around.

So raise your glass if you are wrong
In all the right ways, all my underdogs
We will never be, never be anything but loud
And nitty gritty, dirty little freaks
Won't you come on and come on and
Raise your glass!
Just come on and come on and
Raise your glass!

Reed laughed as Sadie tripped into Jordan who squealed like a little girl and rushed over to Alice and hid like Sadie was his worst nightmare.

Slam, slam, oh hot damn
What part of a party don't you understand?
Wish you'd just freak out
(Freak out already)
Can't stop, coming in hot
I should be locked up right on the spot
It's so on right now
(It's so on right now)

Party crasher, panty snatcher
Call me up if you're a gangsta
Don't be fancy, just get dancy
Why so serious?
Sean had managed to get even more confetti and started handing it out to everyone. I cry of some one screaming "Bug!" told the rest of them that the confetti was the confetti cleaned up and had apparently gathered some bugs on its journey.

So raise your glass if you are wrong
In all the right ways, all my underdogs
We will never be, never be anything but loud
And nitty gritty, dirty little freaks
Won't you come on and come on and
Raise your glass!
Just come on and come on and
Raise your glass!
Won't you come on and come on and
Raise your glass for me!
Just come on and come on and
Raise your glass for me! 

Everyone cheered as the song ended and the last fist pump was delivered. Through the screaming of a few girls plus Freddy and Jordan the song seemed to be cut short.

"G-guys quick clean up! Oh shoot..... Mrs. Humor!" Damian announced. Great, now we're all gonna end up in Mr. Teller's office. With that happy thought Reed set off to extinguish the fire and gather up all the flash lights. Now they had a motive and were moving at lightening speed.

"Hurry!" James called as he tried his best to get dry while having his ipod at hand. 

Gladly for them they worked quick accustomed to having to clean up, even in these dire situations which were what everyone one called 'life and death' situations, aka house suspension. 

"Lets go!" Sadie ordered like a drill Sargent as Damian held open the door for the fleeing teens. All in a days work for Reed. Maybe Mrs. Humor, who he was sure was deaf and blind, didn't see or hear them charging back to their dorms like they never ran before.

"Next time, lets do a party inside?" Reed hissed to James.

"No way! Thats no fun!" his brother whined like a baby only to be replied with the classic: "Your the worst prefect ever...did you know that?"


© 2011 Khyrro


Author's Note

Khyrro
Reviews are loved and it would be great to see what people think of my improvisational writing.... yeah I almost never have a good plan. laid out to begin with

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
Added on October 3, 2011
Last Updated on October 4, 2011


Author

Khyrro
Khyrro

About
I'm a 13 year old girl who just loves writing. I'm not the best out there, but people say I'm good and so why not share it? Anyway have fun reading my stories. I have written multiple unfinished stori.. more..

Writing