Summer of Flowers

Summer of Flowers

A Chapter by Kuandio

            June was the month of lilac and lavender. Meadows effloresced with purple blossoms; bees buzzed, and cicadas droned in increasing numbers.

            When Noribuko learned Ayaka had become engaged to the prince, tears welled in her eyes. She embraced her niece. "This is greater than anything we dreamed of. Oh, my dove. Your parents, blessed in the Heavens, must be so happy."

            Both families, the bride-to-be and the groom's, rejoiced at the imminent union. But before the marriage could be made official, uncle Tayori's consent was needed. To this end a carrier pigeon was sent to Kenkoya Castle. Three days later the bird returned, it's capsule empty. Ayaka worried if this meant her uncle opposed the marriage? Less than a week later however, a rider from Gurinhiruzu reached Shenobi. He was a high ranking retainer Ayaka knew well. He had brought a letter from her uncle, sealed with his royal stamp. Within was Tayori's eloquently written assent for the marriage, and blessings. Ayaka was overjoyed to also read her uncle would attend the wedding with a company of daiymo from Gurinihiruzu.

            Ayaka and Daisuken set the date for late July, less than two months away. Immediately afterwards She wrote back to her uncle so he'd know when to arrive.         

            During the next two weeks Ayaka and Noribuko's days were partially occupied with work at the River Colors Silk House. Of course, there was no need to work another day in their lives. After all, she was to be wed to the prince of the greatest Southern Kingdom, and one of the wealthiest daiymo in Isodoro. The dowry alone was sufficient to liquidate Gurinhiruzu's debts as well as purchase a substantial herd of black-waygu cattle, hire teams of farmhands, and pay for repairs to Kenkoya Castle. Ayaka also began to receive gifts from Shenobi's daiymo class: fine clothing, jewelry, and other expensive tokens. Despite the forthcoming riches, Ayaka and Noribuko, having grown up in a rural prefecture, had rarely idled overlong during their lives, and therefore well-to-do or not, they couldn't just sit around with arms folded, waiting to be fanned.

            Some things did change though. Now that Ayaka was to join the Kasainotora family, Kodai Otosan appointed three maiko servants to see to her every need. Such an honor could not be refused from the lord of Shenobi. Noribuko reinforced the transition by telling Ayaka, "You are going to be the princess of the South, so it is time you started acting like it, neh. That means associating less closely with the nomin folk."

            Ayaka did not care for the notion; still, she was willing to agree to almost anything if it would please Daisuken's family. Thus she and her aunt continued their endeavors at the silk house, howbeit in an increased administrative sense, and the trade prospered. Yet there was only so much that Ayaka could allow. When the royal family wished to replace Harumi with a "more efficient servant," Ayaka was forced to refuse. 

            "Don't worry Haru-chan," she consoled the little nomin girl. Harumi had also seemed sad when earlier Ayaka explained that by joining the royal family she would be expected to have children. Ayaka assured her, "I will never leave you behind. If I have to, I'll adopt you. What do you say? You'd like that, neh?"        

            Harumi smiled and nodded, and Ayaka gently squeezed her adorable cheeks, then gave her a hug. "How could I not want you as my daughter, or little sister?"

            As those weeks progressed, Ayaka and Noribuko also took part in determining wedding preparations. Shinji-san went back and forth between the Bathhouse Inn and the palace, sending word when the prince sought her, and delivering messages on behalf of the royal family and Ayaka and her aunt. After some debate, it was resolved the ceremony was to be held in a pagoda-temple in the palace gardens. Ayaka could not think of a more perfect place.

            "Thank you for bringing me here," Ayaka told Noribuko one day at the inn. She referred to the city, and the future. "It's so much more than I imagined. It is a dream come true." She gave her aunt a hug.

            Noribuko had become so full of energy she easily busied herself with the main share of arrangements, which consisted primarily of writing heaps of invitations and sending them out. The tedious part was deciding who not to invite. Although there were days her aunt had her hands full with various tasks, when Ayaka offered to help, she was usually declined.

            “Don’t worry, my dove. I'm happy to see to things.”

            Ayaka hadn't seen Noribuko so cheerful in a long time, not since before her husband had passed away. Ayaka had not been as happy since those days either, when she was a little girl, and her brother, sister and parents still lived. The new joy she discovered was distinct, an excitement and affection, at times rapturous. When he wasn't busy drilling the divisions, now and then she and Daisuken walked in the palace, or by the river, finding secluded places where they could be together. Ayaka understood that coming to love someone was not as she'd imagined, not like the storybooks. It was akin to the summer flowers that had bloomed throughout Shenobi's gardens and in the surrounding countryside. Similar to love, the birth of flowers could take time, work even, and needed blessings from the sky; but once it started to grow, love could also flourish.

            As the days advanced towards mid June, letters from other daiymo families throughout the South returned, extending their congratulations and best wishes. Gifts continued to shower Ayaka; and everyday, at least one member of the daiymo class visited her. The Kasainatora family treated her as if she were already one of them, even the mother, who had seemed cold and uncertain about before, but had warmed to her. In addition to the singing classes Missa Nightingale gave Ayaka, the renowned geisha, along with a few other prominent female courtesans, began instructing her in the nuances of comport and unspoken rules of being a Southern noble, and what even higher standards would be expected of her as princess of Shenobi. It was all surreal to Ayaka. She had never sought lofty titles, or seen import in them. When she first arrived to Shenobi, her friends had been of higher status than she. It felt strange to overtake them in this regard. Thus, on more than one occasion, Ayaka felt the need to assure Akemi and Midori that things would never change between them, that the bond they shared overruled any hierarchal rank.

            “I am not a daiymo or a princess" she said to them one afternoon at a teahouse together. "To both of you, I’ll always be first and foremost a friend.” 

            "You will be our princess, but also our friend, and family," said Midori, to which Akemi enthusiastically agreed.

            Despite being offered richer quarters, Ayaka and her aunt remained lodged at the Bathhouse Inn. They still would have partaken in washing their clothes and cooking their food if not for the new servants. Notwithstanding her promises to herself, Ayaka knew things were changing. A princess? She’d always been one, but hailing from Gurinhiruzu, the title never felt one of weight, just a few echelons above a nomin fieldworker really. Now she would one day become queen of Shenobi. No! Impossible! At the same time she wanted to laugh in disbelief, the new direction her life was leading frightened her. So much power. So many responsibilities. When she woke in the mornings it took her a few minutes to believe it hadn't all been dreamt up from the legends she read as a girl.

            The evidence of her new reality was becoming increasingly apparent wherever she went. Now that the populace knew of the prince’s forthcoming marriage, greater numbers of people in the city recognized her. When she walked down the street they made way, standing to either side, bowing and smiling as she passed. They were pleased to see the woman their beloved prince was smitten by; she saw it in their faces, the venerable tone they addressed her with, and the blessings they imparted. They weren't merely paying homage to her as Daisuken's bride-to-be, but as their future sovereign queen.

            On numerous occasions she overheard comments such as, "Oh, Denka Soranoyume is so beautiful." - "She and Daisuken will be so happy." - "What a wonderful queen she will make." - "May the Heavens bless you, Denka Soranoyume."

            To Ayaka's surprise, what she felt blossoming for the citizenry in turn was love. She never imagined she could be grateful to join the aristocracy. It was clear now, that wherever fate took you, it was those around you that made life special. If her position was higher, she could also affect more people positively. Thus, as the populace celebrated for her and the prince, she found the goodwill contagious, making her lighter of step, causing her to smile more easily. Maybe life did not have to be so much sorrow, as she had feared? When Ayaka remembered what Noribuko said about her parents being proud and happy for her, she looked up at the white clouds in the sky and would nearly cry. Mother, father, brother, sister, I wish I could see you, but at least, ... I believe you can see me.

 

*          *          *

 

            It was the middle of June when Daisuken left for the neighboring kingdom of Mitsubayashi. There he would attempt to convince lord Okata to return to the Southern Kingdoms. A mere day gone and Ayaka missed the prince sorely. At least there was no danger shadowing his path this time. Mitsubayashi was north of Shenobi, and west of the regions hit by assassinations. He would only be gone a week and a half at most. Regardless, she worried. Though not as severe as before, the assassinations in other parts of the South had intermittingly continued.

            The summer in Shenobi was peaceful. Over the course of Ayaka's comings and goings to the palace, and speaking with daiymo throughout the city, she was often reminded that this gentle season was not everlasting. Birds continued to depart and return to the palace's aviary tower, and many of the messages delivered did not pertain to her wedding. Shenobi's lords were proceeding with their plans for consolidating and expanding their power. It was rumored birds had flown to houses beyond the South. Ayaka could only wonder what missives the small heralds bore over mountain and through cloud.

            The morning shone brightly in the courtyard fountain of the Bathhouse Inn when Ayaka was called to the council. She basked in the warmth, wearing one of her new kimonos - white with blue streams. She was preparing to complete a haiku when Shinji arrived in his colorful, loose-fitting robes.

            "Good day Denka Soranoyume." He bowed. After receiving her salutations, he delivered the summons, "I have come to inform you that there is to be a council at the palace, and lord Kodai-Otosan requests your presence, if you are disposed."

            The meeting would be held at noon. Ayaka sent Shinji ahead to give word she would be attending. When the hour came she went alone, entering the palace and making her way through corridors and several flights of stairs towards the appointed room. Time and again pairs of Phoenix Guards opened way, bowing steeply. The chamber was located near the upper donjon. It was a small space as gathering chambers in the palace went. The floor was polished wood, and its walls and pillars cut of pale blue quarry that served to keep the interior cool in summer. Long windows overlooked several of the palace's inner gardens.

            The daiymo were seated in a small half circle, with lord Kodai-Otosan at the head. General Masuro was present, his broad frame looking almost too big for the little cushion he sat on. Next to him, Shinji's proportions were childlike in comparison. Much to Ayaka's surprise, Akihiro was in attendance. The tall, keen shaped prince wore robes the sapphire of his kingdom's colors. Two other men were seated also, neither whom Ayaka knew. One was a thin, but hard looking individual, in his fifties probably, with a stubbly, chiseled jaw line. He wore robes of dark blue and gray designs. The other man was older, though younger than Kodai-Otosan, and with a gray beard half as long as the lord's. He was of a more friendly disposition also. A black cloth cap rested atop his head, and his robes were white, trimmed and woven with sky-jade hues.

            They all greeted her cordially. The relaxed environment contrasted with what Ayaka had come to expect of such councils. They were drinking tea, the ornate pot and cups set on a pair of small tables. Masuro signed for her to sit, his smile welcoming. Ayaka had become familiar with that smile. The general had expressed to her his happiness and gratitude that Daisuken had found fulfillment in knowing her. Ayaka returned the smile; Masuro's presence always reassured her.

            "This is Jiroda, of Oka-no-shiro in Kusa-tani," Shinji gestured to the grave looking man with the dark blue and gray robes.

            "Denka Soranoyume," Jiroda greeted her. "It is an honor. And many congratulations on your marriage. The entire South rejoices with the Kasainotora family." - Though he was cordial enough, Ayaka soon noted Jiroda was the only one who scarcely smiled or showed emotion, always with arms folded over his chest, a look in his eyes as if he were constantly mulling things over.

            "And this is Shiroteka-san, of Ryoshu-kita," continued Shinji, gesturing to the silver-bearded man in white and pale blue.

            "Ryoshu-kita?" Ayaka stammered. In her entire life, the number of people she had met from the North Kingdom hardly surpassed what she could count with the fingers of one hand. She recognized the colors the man wore - snow and sky - the colors of the North.

            After greeting Shiroteka, she asked, "Do you know my uncle, Raiju?"

            "Of course," he answered cordially. "I have known him all my life. Since he became lord of Ryoshu-kita, I have had the privilege of serving him as one of his chief advisors and emissaries. Lord Raiju instructed me that if I were to see his beloved niece, to extend his warm greetings and blessings, and remind her that she will always have a place in the North." Shiroteka held his bow a little longer to emphasize the transferred homage.

            "Shiroteka-san traveled far before coming to Shenobi," Kodai-Otosan spoke up. "It is an honor to have him among us."

            "Nigh every year lord Raiju sends a representative to meet with some of the main daiymo families of Isodoro," Shiroteka supplied. "First I visited Soraijeno, and then took ship to the Far South. I was in Kusa-tani among Jiroda's clan when I received the invitation to come to Shenobi, on request of lord Kodai-Otosan. It was not an invitation I could pass up. Besides, it is far more agreeable to visit here than in Fumei-noyorou, it seems to me."

            This council's intentions began taking shape in Ayaka's mind. Before she saw it with clarity, Kodai-Otosan continued, "Since you are going to be princess of Shenobi, it is only fitting that you be more closely included in affairs of state, especially with my son away in Mitsubayashi."

            Ayaka nodded, while wondering what affairs the lord referred to.

            "Foremost, we would like to thank you for convincing your uncle Tayori to authorize Gurinhirizu Kingdom's alliance," said Masuro, nodding, as did the others. The general went on, "Carrier pigeons have been arriving from other kingdoms, and important communications have been delivered. It would seem the pieces are falling into place in our favor."

            "Yes," joined Akihiro. "I say with fullest confidence, that Ao-kuraoudo is committed to the alliance. My people may not be from the South, but we stand together in common cause."

            "With such impressive support some might think we could rest secure," said Kodai-Otosan. "However, it is in times of peace that we must solidify our power and hasten with measures against our enemies. That is why we aim to expand the alliance."

            Ayaka tried to disregard the hint of ambition in Kodai-Otosan's voice. Such plans had already been discussed. The backing of Ao-kuraoudo had been expected, but this and other things were moving faster than Ayaka had imagined.

            "Among the messages we have sent, several birds were flown to Ryoshu-kita earlier this month," said lord Kodai-Otosan, looking across the room toward one of the windows at the open sky. "A white pigeon arrived just one week ago, bearing reply."

            "I see," said Ayaka. What else could she add? There was no justification for her to be upset. She was not daiymo of the North. Nevertheless, she had a suspicion dealings were being made, undisclosed to her, even though they involved her familial relationship to lord Raiju.

            As if sensing her thoughts, Masuro addressed her, "Our apologies for not informing you of these matters. We did not think the birds would ever get that far, much less that a correspondence would be established."

            "And yet it has come to pass," said Kodai-Otosan, "which is why I requested an audience with Shiroteka-san. A more timely coincidence could not have been foreseen. Indeed, the time is opportune."

            "Karma's good fortune often manifests unsought," said Akihiro.

            "True. But we have yet to see what fruit will come of it," responded Kodai-Otosan. "However, judging by Raiju's answer, the soil is fertile for a sapling to take root, a sapling that could grow into a giant redwood. Raiju sees no reason the North and South cannot partner in a united front against shared threats."

            "You seek an alliance between the Southern Kingdoms and Ryoshu-kita?" Ayaka said. Though obvious, she still found it hard to believe. Separated by forests and mountains, throughout history the two realms had shared little, save a remote disdain for each other.

            "It is something the Kasainotora family has been considering," said Kodai-Otosan. "We shall keep the door open, and hear out each other's proposals. One thing I can assure Shiroteka-san, as I did lord Raiju in my reply, and that is that the independence of South and North shall be ensured. Since I and lord Raiju see eye to eye on this aim, there appears to be no obstacle to working together for our similar objectives."

            "Lord Kodai-Otosan is very wise," Jiroda praised. "And as there are many advantages to be gained, no doubt he is aware of the uncertainties that could be provoked. Every house would take notice, even Soraijeno."

            "If the entire peninsula takes notice, the better," Kodai-Otosan retorted, rather crisply, "especially Fumei-noyorou."

            "There are many ramifications to weigh," said Masuro, rubbing at his short coal beard. "All in all though, there is more to be gained, for both sides."

            "True," said Shiroteka. "In the North we care little what the Shogun thinks of us. Ryoshu-kita's ties to Fumei-noyorou have been frigid at best for some time now. What more, we have other troubles lord Raiju has to consider. The Hyokken barbarians in the Far North for one, ... and some say, the Fujiroi Akuma."

            The last mention gave the small council pause. Ayaka ventured, "You mean, the legends of the pale-furred demons?"

            "I am afraid so. There have been reports of musterings in the frozen wastes of the Kagoeru Mountains and the Gentou Desolations." Shiroteka shrugged, "But who can say if it is true? Perhaps I should not have gone so far. I merely intended to lend emphasis to the reasons we prioritize defense and are open to proposals of mutual protection."

            "Another reason is in case emperor Godrong ever decides to follow the path of his forebears and sail across the Sea of Kodaina Suiro," said Akihiro.

            Kodai-Otosan laughed aloud. "That's the spirit! Together, the strength of North and South would repel those foreign mongrels, and drown their fleets in the sea. And when the hour comes, we can stamp out the East." He struck the floor with his fist, and laughed again until the others joined their mirth with his. Then he spoke, "But before such an alliance can take shape, there are steps that must be taken."

            "That's right. Fortunately the Northern lords are willing to meet halfway," said Akihiro. "My father has agreed to grant them passage and stay in Ao-kuraoudo, so as to provide neutral grounds for discussion."

            In the spell of quiet that followed, their eyes had turned to Ayaka.

            "The meeting will be held in the spring," Kodai-Otosan looked straight at her. "We are hoping you could perhaps travel to Ao-kuraoudo with Daisuken, and during negotiations treat with lord Raiju on our behalf, as an intermediary of sorts."

            Ayaka slowly cast her vision down. It was too much too soon. Because of her ties to lord Raiju, they thought she'd be able to sway him. She did not want to admit Kodai-Otosan was maybe utilizing her for political gain. No, he is simply seeing what the best options for the South are, and you should do the same. Ayaka deliberated as quickly as she could. She'd be married by then, thus assuming far greater authority as a member of the Kasainotora. It was true, because of her connected lineage to the North, she was better suited for this task than any diplomat in Shenobi. Despite the uncertainties such an alliance might stir, anyway Ayaka looked at it, there was far more to be won.

            "Of course, lord Kodai-Otosan," she said, bowing, "I would be honored to treat with my uncle on behalf of the Southern Kingdoms."

            The others nodded, praising her decision. Kodai-Otosan smiled.

            "We will be sending birds North to confirm the meeting in the spring," said general Masuro. "If you wish to send a letter to your uncle, it can be accommodated."

            "Thank you." Ayaka nodded. She did not know what her words would be, but it was appropriate she send Raiju a message of her own writing.

            The council members were grinning. Even Jiroda's stern countenance had been softened somewhat, although a worry seemed to perpetually shade his expression. "I daresay, the Shogun will not like this growing kinship between North and South."

            "Now that is something I can drink to," said Akihiro.

            Kodai-Otosan burst into laughter. As if on signal the rest - except Jiroda - promptly joined in laughter.

            "But to Jigoku with tea," said Kodai-Otosan. "Shinji-san, fetch the servants. Tell them to bring us sake. Sake I say!"   

            Shinji rose and swiftly shuffled out of the room. In short order two maiko servants entered, removing the teapot and cups, and replacing them with several porcelain flasks of rice wine. While the others indulged, Ayaka partook of a single cup. Before long their faces were flusher. They toasted to their accomplishments, and a future of rising power.

            "After prince Daisuken convenes with Okata, no doubt the fealty of Mitsubayashi Kingdom will be restored," said Masuro, raising his vessel.

            "A few more moves, and Kage-maru would not dream of touching the South again," Akihiro said, raising his drink.

            Kodai-Otosan raised his cup too. "By the Gods and the eight million kami, before all is done, we will root him out of his place of power and have him dragged through the streets to be lashed. Better Kage-maru cut his belly open now and be done with it!"

            The men continued to joke and boast. Ayaka joined Akihiro in a separate toast, one which the prince dedicated to Midori. "Your cousin is one of the main reasons I made the journey back instead of sending a representative. She is rare gem, as are you Denka Soranoyume. Perhaps before long our families will be more united yet, and I will call you cousin too."

            "That would be wonderful," said Ayaka. "You and Midori will always have my best wishes."

            She sat at the council a while longer, nodding and smiling when necessary, praising their strategies. There was a moment, as the others talked - more boisterously on account of the sake - that Ayaka conversed with Shiroteka-san about the North.

            "You should see Kitakaze one day, Denka Soranoyume," he said to her. "Out capital is not as big as Shenobi, not by half, but the White Citadel is truly a sight to behold." There was a dreaminess in the diplomat's eyes as he conjured memories. "Those who stand before its walls and towers say it is the closest to the Heavens they have felt, as if it was wrought by the Celestials themselves."

            "It has ever been a dream of mine to go there," said Ayaka, trying to envision the White Citadel.

            The North Kingdom was faraway, but she had a strong feeling she might make the journey there one day.

 

*         *         *

 

            The days grew warmer and sunnier. Patches of bushes grew flush with colorful hydrangeas and roses, and swathes of irises and poppies dappled the meadows. Ayaka often watched as the midday breeze caused the flowers to bob and sway, and rippled the suzuki grass, loosening their white downy tails to float across the fields. While reflecting on the season, and those to come, she remembered her vision. With the changes in her life she could not deny that what she had believed was her main purpose was becoming less of a priority. No. Even if the journey to find the Seishin-yodo's source is delayed, it cannot be forgotten, not ever. Perhaps she would go to the Blue Mountains next spring, after meeting with lords in Ao-kuraoudo? The notion seemed more distant than any horizon. She realized now, regardless of what might happen, she wanted to remain in Shenobi, because of Daisuken, and the others she had come to know here.

            One afternoon, Ayaka sat by a koi pond in the palace gardens. The pool was nestled by willows, bamboo, and several wisteria trees whose long draping boughs were laden with purple-pink flowers. She held a blue fan, which she cooled herself with from time to time. Almost everyone in the city carried a fan at this stage of summer; even the nomin in the countryside. She tried writing a haiku while meditating on the fountain, which burbled into the pool waters, decked with flowering lilies and lotuses. The koi, of mottled red, orange, black and white scales, swam shyly under the lilies, edging the pond near Ayaka, as if curious what she was doing, then circling away. With ink brush in hand, her thoughts meandered in remembrance of the myth of the Koi Fish and the Water-Dragon-Gate. She dipped the brush and started the lines of the poem.

            When the strong arms reached around Ayaka's waist, she did not flinch, but leaned back towards him and smiled as if awakening again. She hadn’t seen Daisuken in nearly a week. In one hand the prince held a myrtle flower he'd plucked from a nearby tree. Ayaka turned and received the flower, as well as his embrace, and kissed him.

            "My Daisuken-sama," she said, holding him close.

            “What are you doing here my swan?” he asked.

            “Waiting for you, of course.” She tapped him on the chest.

            “I told you I would not be delayed this time. Nothing will keep me from returning to you."

            Their leisurely walk through the gardens was warmed by the sunshine.

            "It was successful," he told her. "Okata swore his oaths. Now we count with the support of Mitsubayashi Kingdom, and their lesser clan leaders."

            "Everything's working out for the best," said Ayaka. She was so proud of him.

            "Things are turning our way at last. The South is stronger than it has been in centuries. Next week will also be important cause for celebration," said Daisuken. "Many daiymo will be attending the Moon Festival. Most of them are local feudal lords, but there will also be representatives from Ao-kuraoudo, and from other houses that might be inclined to join our cause. It is a choice occasion to solidify bonds and reach out to new partners."

            "Yes, and to celebrate everything that has already been done, neh."

            "Of course my swan. We will make sure to give the daiymo a proper feast and plenty of entertainment."

            "It will be magnificent," said Ayaka. When she was a child she had learned the legend behind the Moon Festival. Its origins were ancient beyond recollection. Supposedly, it was the only time the sun goddess and the moon god could be together, thus it was the night balance was brought to the Earth's yodo. The festival was always important, but with recent events it took on a new significance.

            In many ways this particular Moon Festival felt to Ayaka like a prelude her and Daisuken's wedding, only a month away now. Thus they spoke of what the wedding ceremony was going to be like; and the wondrous things of the celebration, such as having Missa Nightingale sing with an imperial ensemble; and the food of course, for the menu continually evolved. They went over the names of guests, such as family members, extended relations, friends, and daiymo from prefectures and kingdoms across the South and some from beyond who had been invited or were to be.

            “We had more invitations sent today,” said Ayaka.

            “With so many guests, I fear we may have to move the wedding outside the city,” jested the prince. “Perhaps by the lake?"

            “We can reduce the list if you prefer,” said Ayaka. 

            “No.” Daisuken laughed. “I would not have it curtailed. The more the merrier. I want the entire world to know I am marrying the most beautiful daughter the goddess Sora-hana ever let descend from the Heavens."

            Ayaka stood on her tiptoes and kissed him on the cheek.

            “You have no idea my swan,” said the prince, picking Ayaka up and carrying her in his arms, “What a happy wife I shall make you.”

            “And I will make you a happy husband,” said Ayaka.

            “We will have a wonderful family too.”

            “Yes, many children.” Ayaka laughed. “The more the merrier!” 

            “I shall shout your name from atop Kami-no-goza tower!” said Daisuken as he carried her in his arms, and they went, laughing through the gardens.   

 



© 2016 Kuandio


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

489 Views
Added on July 31, 2016
Last Updated on December 29, 2016

Sakura no Yugen - The Princess, the Swordsman, and the Demons of Winter

*

By Kuandio


Author

Kuandio
Kuandio

CA



About
I started drawing comics when I was about four or five (not much better than dinosaur stick figures). Over time I found I couldn’t express enough through just drawing and was always adding more.. more..

Writing
Broken Stars Broken Stars

A Chapter by Kuandio


Poems Poems

A Book by Kuandio