Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
The Hospital

The Hospital

A Chapter by Kaelyn Shea

The Hospital

Chapter Four

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

As it turned out Isabella had cut a major vein in her left arm, and severed a smaller vein in her right arm. She had to have 12 blood transfusions and a surgery to fix the vein in her right arm. Everyone was in her room after her surgery, Joe was asleep in a chair with Reid in his lap asleep also, Nic was on the couch with Hope beside him both asleep, Leann, who had fainted and hit her head and been checked out by a doctor was in the room next to Isabella’s resting. Angelo was going back forth between the rooms checking to see when Isabella woke up so he could tell Leann. Zack had been sitting beside Isabella until Taylor got done talking to the doctors. She was supposed to go home with Taylor when she got out of the hospital and his parents had already signed the papers. They had called Isabella’s mom and dad and her dad had told them to send her home with Taylor, he didn’t care. When Taylor came back into Isabella’s room, Zack got up and went to go sit on the window seat where he fell asleep. Taylor was sitting besides her holding her hands when Isabella woke up. “What-?” she moaned. She opened her eyes slowly and Taylor squeezed her hand. “Babe?” he asked, “You awake?” Isabella looked at him through heavily lidded eyes “yes,” she answered quietly. Her throat was dry and raspy. Taylor got a cup of ice cubes and gave one to her. “Thank you,” she said. Taylor looked at her for a long time. “Why did you do this?” he asked, “why did you run away? I could have stopped your pain, I could have helped you! What did he do?” He looked over at Zack and gave him an angry glance before turning to look at Isabella again. Isabella sighed heavily. She looked at Zack with tears in her eyes and then looked at Taylor again. Then she told him the story about what had happened. “- and when I got out of the store I went to that knife store down on the bottom floor and got a razor blade. They didn’t ask questions which I thought was strange but I didn’t care. I ran to Leann’s and my secret place and just started cutting,” she paused and looked down at her arms covered in brown gauze, “I cut and cut and cut until the pain started numbing. Then I started to get dizzy and everything had black splotches. I thought the pain was finally going away, that I was finally going away. I was going to be free forever, it would have made my druggie mother happy…” she said. Then she looked up at Taylor again and said “The last thing I remember was seeing you at SLHS and I felt bad that I was leaving you, but, I knew that you would find someone else,” Taylor was crying now also. “No!” he said “No Isabella! I would never find someone like you! I would never find someone to love as much as I love you. No one is like you! I would die without you here,” Isabella leaned forward and hid her face in his chest and began crying. Taylor carefully wrapped both his arms around her and kissed the top of her head multiple times. Angelo had been walking to Isabella’s room to see if she was awake yet. When he walked in the door he saw Taylor holding Isabella and waited in the door. Taylor looked up for a moment and saw Angelo standing there. He gave Taylor a questioning look and Taylor only shook his head as if to say “not now, later,” Angelo nodded and went to tell Leann that Isabella was awake. Taylor kissed the top of Isabella head again and was about to say something when he heard one of the sleepers begin to wake up. He looked towards the sound and saw Zack was awake. Zack looked at Taylor and saw him holding Isabella and asked “Is she awake?” Taylor looked down at Isabella when he felt her go very still and quiet. “Yes, she is awake and she doesn’t want to see you,” Taylor said as he pulled Isabella closer to him. Zack nodded and said quietly “I know she saw Niki kiss me. I understand I hurt her and I most likely- no, obviously broke what little bit of strength she had left. I’m sorry. If she wants an explanation I’ll give her one. I’m just…” He was about to touch her hair when Taylor let go of Isabella and grabbed Zack’s arm. “Don’t touch her!” he growled. Zack looked bewildered. “I’m sorry! I love her with all…” he said before he was cut off by a punch to the face. WHAM! Taylor hit him again. Zack fell against the wall with a loud thud. The noise woke Joe up. He looked around to see Taylor punching Zack multiple times in the face and stomach. Luckily the door was closed so none of the nurses could see or hear what was going on. “Hey! Guys!” he said. Joe carefully set Reid down off his lap and pulled Taylor away from Zack. “Taylor!” he said, and pushed him towards Isabella who had curled up in a ball, “Go take care of Isabella!” Then he turned back to Zack and said “Zack, I think you’d better leave,” Zack just nodded and walked out the door. Joe turned back to where Taylor and Isabella were sitting and looked at them for a moment. Taylor had calmed Isabella down a little bit and she was sitting in his lap, “Sh,” Taylor said stroking her hair and rocking back and forth where he was sitting, “Sh, I’m here,” Joe walked over to them and said “Taylor, I think you better go also just for a little while till you calm down,” Taylor looked up at him and nodded. Then he looked at Isabella again and said quietly “I’ll see you later,” before he set her back down on the bed. Once Taylor was gone Isabella pulled her legs up to her chest and set her chin on her knees. Nic had woken up during the fight and now went over to her. “Bellie?” he said quietly using the nickname he had called her for years, “Bellie?” He said again. Isabella looked over at him and he sat on the edge of her bed. He hugged her tightly and said “I know he hurt you I know he did. I’ll make sure he can’t get near you again, okay?” She nodded and looked up at him. “Thank you Nichey,” she said. She smiled at him then hugged him tighter, “You’re a great little brother, you know that?” Nic blushed “Thanks sis,” he said. Everyone had woken up and gathered around her bed and then Isabella asked “When can I get out of here anyway?” “You get out once you’re done with your blood transfusions,” Joe said. He smiled at her sadly and said “You gave us quite a scare you know that?” he took her hand and said “I hope you know, none of us could function right without you here. You keep us from going insane,” Isabella laughed and said “Aw, ya’ll are so sweet, cheesy, but sweet,” Then she looked down at her arms and asked “Who decided to bring me here instead of letting me die anyway? Taylor?” They all looked at each other and Nic said “Actually, Zack did…” Isabella looked up surprised. “He did? Why…” she stopped mid sentence and then asked “Where’s my phone?” Nic grabbed it off the bedside table and handed it to her. “Thank you,” she said.

 

scarredforlife:

Taylor, I need to

Talk to someone,

Will you come back?

Up here and see me?

 

Myloveisforever:

Yes baby, I’ll be there

In a few minutes,

I promise

 

She relaxed a little once she had gotten his reply. Everyone was talking about going to get something to eat, “Go!” she said smiling at them, “I’ll be fine. Go eat something!” They nodded and everyone gave her a hug and left. Not ten minutes after they had left Taylor walked into her room. He came over to her and kissed her forehead. “Hey baby,” he said. “Hey Taylor,” she looked up at him and gave him a small smile. He pulled her over to him and she started talking. She told him about what had happened with Logan, the cutting, Zack, her parents, and how she felt about Taylor himself. “…I’ve known you since we were kids and I’ve always loved you but I never knew it wasn’t like a brother till today,” she looked down at her hands, “I thought you were the one who saved me but it was Zack and now I don’t know what I feel…” She had tears again. “Hey,” Taylor said as he brushed her tears away, “you don’t have to know anything except that I love you and I’m here. That’s all that matters right now okay?” She nodded and he held her tighter against him. “I love you too,” she said. Thud! They heard something hit the floor outside the room. Something big and heavy…



© 2010 Kaelyn Shea


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

thanks! im gunna put more up soon hopefully! and he only gets better! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Tyler sounds like an amazing guy. With all that Isabella has been threw she needs some like that.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

269 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 4, 2010
Last Updated on November 4, 2010


Author

Kaelyn Shea
Kaelyn Shea

Little Rock, AR



About
Pen Name: Serena Name: Kaelyn Shea Age: 18 Gender: Girl Sexual Orientation: bisexual. Too bad. Relationship status: Taken March 1, 2012 Piercings: Yes, double ear, cartilige, and belly button H.. more..

Writing
I lied I lied

A Story by Kaelyn Shea