Chapter Five

Chapter Five

A Chapter by Kaelyn Shea
"

"With knives and pens we made our plight..." - Knives and pens Black Veil Brides

"

Getting Out

Chapter Five

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

They pulled apart and Taylor went over to the door. He looked out into the small white hallway trying to find the source of the noise. Zack was sitting on the floor with his head in his hands. Taylor looked at Zack and shook his head. “Dude, what are you doing here?”  he asked. Zack looked up startled. “I… uh…” he got off the floor and continued stammering, “I… I just came by to see if Izzy was okay and to explain… but um… you seem to be in control here… I’ll just uh…” As he said this Isabella called for Taylor fro, her bed. When Zack heard this tears came to his eyes and he turned and quickly walked off down the hall. Taylor watched him for a second then went back into Isabella’s room.

“I’m back baby,” Taylor said as he gently picked Isabella up and put her back in his lap. She laid her head on his shoulder. “Taylor,” she said quietly “Who was that?” Taylor sighed and said “It was Zack...” Isabella nodded and closed her eyes in thought. When she opened them she asked Taylor “What did he want?” Taylor looked at her and said “He wanted to see if you were okay, and he wanted to explain,” Again Isabella nodded “I should talk to him,” she said after a few minutes. “No! Baby, please no, at least not yet!”  Taylor pleaded. Isabella sighed and finally said “Fine, I’ll wait, but I am going to talk to him.”

Two days later Isabella was released from the hospital. When she walked into the lobby she saw Taylor standing by the desk with a duffel bag. She smiled and ran to hug him, then she stepped back and looked at him. He was wearing a black and purple flat bill hat, a dark gray t-shirt with a breast pocket, black skinny jeans, and purple, gray, and black DC skate shoes. “I like your hat,” she said smiling at him. Taylor laughed and said “Thank you! I bet you want to change out of those hospital sweats, right?” Isabella nodded. “Good, now, take the bag, go find a bathroom and change, then come back out here,” She giggled, grabbed the bag, and ran into the hospital bathroom. When she opened the bag she found that Taylor had brought her a black tank top that cut off just above her belly button, bright purple skinny jeans, a black belt with gray studs that had purple and white paint splatters on them, her gray converse, and at the bottom was some purple and black studs for her hips. She smiled and quickly got dressed. After she had carefully put her piercings in she went out to the lobby again and over to Taylor. As she walked over to him he looked her over and said “Dang girl! You look good!” she blushed and thanked him.

When they went outside to the car he took the duffel bag and asked “Ready to go?” then kissed her cheek. She looked at him confused, “Go where?” Isabella asked him. Taylor laughed as he stuck the bag in the back of the camero and said “Well, I figured we’d go check out that new dance movie Step Up 3D and then maybe go hang at the mall for a little while,” Isabella smiled and nodded “Okay, that sounds awesome!” Taylor nodded also and opened the door for her and had gotten his seat belt on he turned on the car and the radio started playing “Airplanes” by B.o.B. ft. Hailey Williams. Isabella nodded her head to the beat and began to sing along to it,

“Can we pretend that airplanes,

 in the night sky are like shooting

stars? I could really use a wish

right now, wish right now, wish right now”

            Taylor smiled as he listened to her sing. “I didn’t know you sang,” he said. Isabella blushed and looked down at her hands “I don’t really. Just every once in a while,” Taylor shook his head “You are really good at it babe,” he said Isabella blushed and mumbled thank you.

During the movie Taylor had put the arm rest up and pulled Isabella so the top half of her body was leaned against his chest. She immediately relaxed and he kissed the top of her head and absentmindedly played with the purple and black squares on her hips. It tickled slightly and Isabella smiled as they watched the rest of the movie.

As they walked out of the movie he took Isabella’s hand and intertwined their fingers. When they got out to the car Isabella leaned her back against the door and looked at Taylor as he stood in front of her. “How did you like the movie?” he asked her leaning against the car also on his free arm. She smiled and said “It was good. I liked it,” Taylor smiled and looked into her army green eyes. He leaned in and softly pressed his lips against hers. She didn’t protest when he let go of her hand and caressed her cheek. She leaned forward and pushed their lips together harder. Taylor smirked and licked her bottom lip asking for entrance. She smiled and denied him by pulling away. She turned and got into the car hiding her blush. Taylor laughed and got in the driver’s seat. He turned the car on and took Isabella’s hand again and kissed it as he drove away. She blushed and he just smiled and squeezed her hand.

When they got to the mall they walked hand and hand into Hot Topic. Taylor watched as Isabella happily tried on outfits and came out to show him. When they walked out he had bought her six t-shirts; Skillet, Paramore, Black Veil Brides, Disturbed, Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, and Escape the Fate, three pairs of jeans: gray, white, and pink skinny, five band bracelets; Black Veil Brides, Blood On The Dance Floor, Eatmewhilei’mhot, Vampires Everywhere, Bless The Fall, and three new hip studs; black and pink squares, white and red squares, and gray squares.

When they walked out of Hot Topic Isabella grabbed Taylors hat and put on her head. “You didn’t have to do that you know,” she said quietly. Taylor smiled and said “I wanted to do that, and now…” he said as he pulled her out farther into the mall, “We’re gunna go get you some new shoes,” Isabella Blushed as she let Taylor drag her to Journeys. She wandered around the store with Taylor at her side and tried on a lot of shoes. In the end she ended up getting a pair of purple checkered Vans, gray Nike shocks with neon stripes on them, a pair of EMO DOG Converse, and a pair of black DC skate shoes. Taylor smiled when he saw how happy she was. When they got back in the car Isabella leaned over and kissed him. “Thank you,” she said. He smiled and kissed her forehead. “You’re welcome baby,” he said and took her hand again.

Taylor drove them to his house. When they walked in it was around 9:30 p.m. and his parents were sitting on the couch watching TV while Nic was in the recliner texting. Taylor’s mom got up off the couch and gave Isabella a hug. “Hey honey,” she said “How are you doing?” she asked her. “I’m actually doing okay,” Isabella said. Taylor’s mom smiled and went to sit back down on the couch. Nic got up and gave her a hug also. “Hey Bellie!” he said smiling at her. She smiled back and said “Hey Nichey!” She gave him another hug before taking Taylor’s hand again. Taylor then took her back to hiws room. She sat down on the bed and put her head in her hands. “Tired?” he asked. Isabella looked up and nodded slowly. Taylor smiled and went over to his dresser. She watched him dig around for a sec and then he turned around. “Here wear these,” he said tossing her a t-shirt and a pair of his boxers. “I’m gunna go smoke, I’ll be back in a few minutes,” he said. Again she nodded and watched him walk out of his room and close the door. She changed quickly and sat down on bed again. Taylor came back in about ten minutes later carrying the duffel bag and the shopping bags with him. He set them down on his desk, and then he grabbed a pair of black lounge pants and went into the adjoining bathroom. When he came out he had taken off his shirt and was wearing the lounge pants low on his hips and Isabella could see his green plaid boxers. She blushed and Taylor laughed as he threw his and Isabella’s dirty clothes in the hamper.

Taylor sat down beside her and put his arm over Isabella’s shoulder. “You can sleep here as long as you need, or want,” he said. Isabella leaned against him and out her head on his shoulder nodding. “Okay,” she mumbled sleepily. Taylor smiled at her and told her to lay down and he’d be right back. Again she nodded yawning and crawled under the covers. He had a king size bed so she went to the farthest side of the bed and almost immediately fell asleep. When Taylor walked back in the room he saw her and smiled. Then he turned off the light, slipped under the covers and gently pulled Isabella toward him. She sighed quietly and Taylor wrapped his arm around her waist and held her to him. She turned around and buried her face in his chest. He kissed the top of her head and whispered “Goodnight babe,” in to her hair and fell asleep.

When Isabella woke up the next morning she was facing a wall with a Next Stop Summer poster on it and it took her a minute to realize where she was. Once she got acclimated to her surroundings she turned over carefully not wanting to a) wake up Taylor, or b) lose her arm around her. When she turned she saw Taylor was awake and smiling at her. “Well, good morning baby!” he said quietly. Isabella smiled. “Good morning honey,” she said. He kissed her forehead and said “I’m gunna go take a shower. Nic’s awake and my parents are at work, so… do whatever!” She laughed “Aight, aight,” she said. He kissed her one last time before he grabbed some clothes and went into the bathroom. She heard the shower turn on and then she got up. Isabella grabbed her purse and got out her phone. While she waited for it to turn on she looked at the black Samsung Reality. It was falling apart, the slide out keyboard didn’t work anymore and the phone was being held together by a strip of duct tape and a ponytail holder.  She sighed and checked her messages. Isabella had ten unread messages and three missed calls. She checked the texts first.

Nicthedino:

Hey sis! So Taylor’s

Coming to pick you up

From the hospital, Love

ya! �" Nichey

Zackery:

Izzy, I heard your

Coming home today

Please let me know how

Things are I love you �"Zeeky

Reidsinthewater:

I know you’re hanging

With Taylor today but

You need to come hang

With us, love you �"Ree

Joe_will_eat_you:

Hey little lady, you need

To come hang with us

Tomorrow, text back.

Your big brother guy �"Joey

She_is_love:

Aye boo, call me

So we can hang

Miss you and love

You, your sister-Le

Orangeninjaturtle:

Call Lee and Reid

-Aj

Nicthedino:

Call me when you

Get this, I haven’t

Heard from you, I’m

Worried, love ya �"Nichey

Reidsinthewater:

Text me woman

Miss you and love you

-Ree

She_is_love:

Text me back

You loser! Lol love

You sissy- Le

Myloveisforever:

Good morning baby,

Figured you’d be read-

Ing your messages so I

Left you one, I love you �"

Tay-tay

Isabella smiled after every message she read. She quickly answered all the texts, except for Zacks. She was waiting to talk to him.

Scarredforlife:

Le, aye, I’ll text you

Later with times, love

You sis �" Izzy

Scarredforlife:

REE! Aye girl, I’ll text you

 Later with times, love you-

Izzy

Scarredforlife:

Yup yup! Did it,

Thanks Angelo!

-Isabella

Scarredforlife:

Nichey! Hey little

Brother! I’m in Taylor’s

Room, ha love you!-Bellie

            Isabella also called her mom to tell her where she was and what had happened. She got her mom’s voicemail and rolled her eyes before hanging up. “Of course you don’t answer,” Isabella said angrily, “You’re probably still high from last night and sleeping off whatever drinks you had last night in the bed of some random guy. Why is that, because you’re a w***e!” Then Isabella called her dad to see if he answered. “Hello?” he dad said slightly slurred. “Hey Dad,” she said. “What the hell do you want?” her dad said loudly although he sounded like he was half asleep and drunk. “I was just telling you that I’m at Nic and Taylor’s house. I’ll be staying here,” she heard him mumble something and then “Yeah, okay, whatever. Long as you got money in that card of yours I don’t care!” he yelled. “You never care,” Isabella mumbled. “What?!” he yelled again. “Nothing!” Isabella answered quickly. “That’s what I thought,” he grumbled before hanging up. “You never care because you’re a damn drunk you does nothing but work and drink, but hey, as long as I don’t have to go to you to get money and you just stick it in my account, I don’t care either!” she said to herself. She sat down on the bed for a minute and calmed herself before looking at her phone again.

            She then checked her missed calls. She had one from Leann, one from Reid, and one from Zack. Isabella put her phone down and went over to the bags Taylor had brought in the night before. Isabella grabbed the gray skinny jeans, that Black Veil Brides t-shirt that hung off her left shoulder, the gray hip studs, and the gray Nikes. She had put everything on and was in the middle of putting her hip studs in when Nic came in. She was looking down so she didn’t see him. Nic waited in the door for a minute before he said “Hey sissy! When did you get those,” pointing at her hips, “and that?” pointing at her left shoulder.  Isabella finally looked up. When she saw Nic she smiled. He had on a white and blue flat bill hat, a turquoise t-shirt, white skinny jeans, and black converse. His snake bites had blue rings in them and he was smiling. “Nichey!” she said. She ran over to him and gave him a hug. “I got them about two months ago,” Nic nodded and poked her stomach “Hey!” she exclaimed. They both laughed and hugged again. They started stalking and still were when Taylor walked in about five minutes later. He was wearing black jeans that were a little baggy and low on his hips again showing his blue boxers and his black shirt was thrown over his shoulder. He was drying his hair and came in and sat down on the bed. Isabella watched him as he put his DC shoes on again. He stood up and put the shirt on before he sat down again. She sat down next to him, and he out his arms around her waist and pulled her onto his lap. She smiled and kissed her cheek. Taylor blushed and said “So what do you want to do today?” Isabella looked up at Nic and smiled. “Nic, Hope, Leann, Angelo, Reid, Joe, you, and I have tickets to go to the Warped Tour,” Taylor looked at Nic confused then back down at Isabella. “How?” Nic smiled and said “Hope’s dad, you know how he’s a really good lawyer? Well, anyway, he’s got some awesome connections and got us all tickets,” Taylor looked at his brother to Isabella back to his brother. “That’s awesome! What time do we have to do we have to be there?” “We’re going to the mall for a while first and then we’re going to the concert,” said Nic. “Alrighty then, Nic does Hope need us to pick her up?” Taylor asked looking at his brother again. “Yeah, we should probably head out,” Nic said looking at his phone. Isabella got up off Taylor’s lap and went and grabbed her purse. Taylor got up and grabbed his purple and black hat from his closet and his keys off his bedside table. “You ready?” he asked them before grabbing Isabella’s hand and pulling her out the door to the car. Nic followed laughing.



© 2010 Kaelyn Shea


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Having read most of what you have, I will simply say that you really don't need so much description (of clothes, especially). It takes away from the story, because then you're focusing not on the characters and plot (after five chapters, all I understood was that poor Isabella is/was terribly depressed, and that there was a WHOLE lot of drama), but on non-important, "material" parts of the story.
I do realize that this is a certain type of story, and I'm guessing that it's your story for your friends, but it is out for everyone to read, and the picture of Alex Evans captivated me so (can't blame me, haha!).
As some more advice, you should break up long paragraphs (unnecessary eye-strain), and you should make the texted conversations stand out more, because I found myself just scrolling past them before realizing that they were necessary.
Do keep writing though, you have potential. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

323 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 30, 2010
Last Updated on December 30, 2010


Author

Kaelyn Shea
Kaelyn Shea

Little Rock, AR



About
Pen Name: Serena Name: Kaelyn Shea Age: 18 Gender: Girl Sexual Orientation: bisexual. Too bad. Relationship status: Taken March 1, 2012 Piercings: Yes, double ear, cartilige, and belly button H.. more..

Writing
I lied I lied

A Story by Kaelyn Shea