INTRODUCTION

INTRODUCTION

A Chapter by LadyShearon
"

Introduction to Be Still

"

Introduction to Be Still

 

1King 19:11-12   And He said Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake: And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice."

 

BE STILL….

 

"Be still, and know that I am God." His message hasn't changed and it never will. The Lord wants us to stop and spend quality time with Him. Today we are so busy, so rushed; we all have so much to do that being still is not only considered a waste of time, but impossible for most of us to accomplish. Most of the time we pass right by the Lord and don’t even notice Him sitting there waiting ever so patiently for us to just take a moment to stop... Selah…and rest with Him beside the peaceful waters. Oh how far we have fallen away from Him, His ways, and His teachings. If only we took the time to slow down, listen, come close, and be still.  We would hear His voice, we would feel His presence, and smell the sweet fragrance of Our Lord and Saviour. Just take some time to  come and get away to where peaceful waters flow.

 

Oh My Children, My coming is close at hand, but only those who are "still" enough to hear the trumpets shall see the Lord”.

 

So many times we say in dismay that we pray and cry out to God yet it seems God never answers. Ahh but He does answer, but we can’t hear Him because won’t take the time be still. How can one hear if we are too busy? If you don’t take the time to be still and listen you will never hear Him. We can’t hear our Saviour’s voice if we are constantly talking, and constantly complain to God and others. Although we say nothing on the outside, but inside we are still saying, "Why me Lord? “What have I done to deserve this”? However, we never take the time to be completely still.

 

Be still and hear what God is saying so you can find out what is happening in and around our lives. If only we will be still, He will reveal to you what is happening to you, and what you can do to defeat the enemy standing in your way. If only you will be still He will draw you closer to Him so you will be prepared when the storm rages against you.

 

So take time right now to rest, read, and meditate beside the still waters. God has made time for you; won’t you make time for Him? Listen as His still voice whispers words of love, compassion, and peace into your lives. To listen, really listen to the Lord, we must shut out the world, quiet our spirit, and be still, oh so still. Can you hear Him?

 

Come now as He leads you beside the still waters and restores your soul.  Come and BE STILL


© 2013 LadyShearon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
Added on January 12, 2013
Last Updated on January 12, 2013
Tags: encouragement, inspiration, faith, hope, christian, prayer, devotion, courage


Author

LadyShearon
LadyShearon

Sanford, FL



About
I studied Christian Counseling at Liberty University. I've been in the ministry for over 20 years. My writing ministry has been blessing people on the internet for over 10 years with words of encour.. more..

Writing
INTRODUCTION INTRODUCTION

A Chapter by LadyShearon