Eyes

Eyes

A Chapter by Lady Miyako-san of the West

Eight months, three weeks, two days, four hours, and twenty three minutes and counting.


That's how long it's been since he left me. How could I have been so stupid as to believe that he loved me and would stay with me forever? I am a fool. I roll over in my bed and look at the clock. 7:15. Great, I'm going to be late for school....again. It's not like anyone really notices that I'm there anymore. I don't say anything. I don't make eye contact with anyone. It's like when he left, he took a part of me with him. And, in truth, he did. I no longer have a soul. I'm a souless corpse walking around in a daze. Nothing appeals to me anymore. I try to put on a brave face for Charlie, but it's not working. I barely eat anymore. The only releif I have from the pain that I feel is the darkness that most people call sleep. But In can't call it that because the word doesn't fit.
 

The 'sleep' would, at first, bring nightmares about him. Then, I would remember all of the good times we had together, then wake up in the middle of the night choking in my own tears. Now, all there is is darkness. Pure darkness, that's sucking me in. But I try with all of my might to fight it. And last night, I almost gave in.
 

I kicked my legs over the side of the bed and forced myself up. I grab my bag of toiletres off my desk and head to the bathroom, in hopes that the hot water will wash away some of the dulled pain.
 

It doesn't, as usual. I got dressed and trudged down the stairs.
 

"Bella, we need to talk." Charlie was sitting at the table, drinking a cup of coffee and reading the paper.
 

"Sure dad. About what?" I asked, not really caring. I tried to keep the boredom out of my voice, but it didn't work like I'd planned.
 

"About you. I don't like seeing you mope around the house like this. It hurts me to see you like that." Charlie was looking at the table.
 

This was hard for him and I was making it worse.
 

"I'm sorry dad. I'll do better, I promise." I was serious about trying to do better, I just didn't know how I was going to do it. Maybe I would take a trip down to La Push and see my friend Jacob. I haven't seen him since he told me he was a werewolf. "How about I go see Jake."
 

"I think that's a great idea." Of course he was happy that I'd go see Jake. He had always been a Jacob Black fan, even when I wasn't. "You haven't seen him in a while and I think you two should get to know each other even better."
 

"Okay. I'll go after school. But I'll call him first." I went over to the phone and dialed Jake's number.
 

"Hello?" His voice was grumpy sounding.
 

"Hey Jake. It's Bella."
 

Almost instantly his voice cleared up. "How ya doin' Bells?!"
 

"I'm doing....okay I guess. I was wondering if you were okay with me coming by after school."
 

"Sure! Please come over! Quil has been dying to see you!" Jake laughed and I heard Quil in the background grunting.
 

I forced out a small laugh. "Okay. I'll be there right after school."
 

"Looking foward to it." Jake hung the phone up.
 

I sighed and walked out of the house without saying anything else to Charlie. I hopped in my truck and drove to school for yet another dreadful day.
 

After school, I head back home to change clothes before I head to see Jacob. I see this fancy sports type car behind me. My first thought is that no one who lives in Forks can afford that, so they must be from out of town. And my second thought is, who in their right mind would want to visit Forks, so I'm thinking that maybe they've come back for me. But, of course I'm wrong. I look in the rearview mirror again and see crimson eyes staring at me from the other car.
 

I punch the gas and my truck sputters, then quits. Just perfect.
 

The car behind me stops too. The eyes....those red eyes.
 

It all hits me. Another vampire, but not one like the Cullens. This vampire feeds on humans. And I was the next meal. What do I care anyway? I have nothing to live for, so why should it make any difference if I die or not?
 

Before I know it, the man got out of the car and was at the front of my truck, under the hood. I never got to see his face, but when I pushed the gas again, he was gone, and my truck started up again.
 

I wanted to thank him, but there was no sports car behind me anymore. I continued down to La Push, hung out with Jake, Quil, and Embry for a while. I decided not to tell Jacob about the vampire becaue he would probably tell Sam, then they would go on some kind of vampire hunt.
 

"Had fun kiddo?" Charlie asked when I walked in the house.
 

"Actually, yeah, I did." I told him the truth and went upstairs.
 

*****

I was in the forest, late at night, when I heard a twig snap behind me. I whirled around and saw.....him. How is this possible?

"Bella." He called out to me. His hand reached for mine.

I ran to him. Not knowing what else to do. "Edward!"

It hurt to say the name, but he was here now, so it didn't matter. I don't care that he left me. That only thing that matters is that he's back now. And he'll never leave me again.

I reached Edward and his arms wrapped around my body, pulling me into the tight hug I've missed so much. His cool embrace brought all of my memories back.

His hands traveled up my body and closed around my neck. My eyes were closed, so now, they snapped open. I saw that it wasn't Edward holding me.

Through the darkness, I saw those eyes. Those blood red eyes. And they wanted me.



© 2009 Lady Miyako-san of the West


Author's Note

Lady Miyako-san of the West
Please oh please tell me what you think!! Don't spare my feelings!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked it.
That's the only thing I can say or think.
The end had a lot of suspense...
It was awesome.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 21, 2009
Last Updated on August 31, 2009


Author

Lady Miyako-san of the West
Lady Miyako-san of the West

Forks, WA



About
I am a young inspired writer who is striving for success!!! I don't do fancy and I don't do fake. I am me and I always will be, there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it, so deal with it!.. more..

Writing