Return

Return

A Chapter by Lady Miyako-san of the West

 

 

EdPOV

Fifty nine years, eleven months, and twenty nine days since I left my Bella. It has been torture for me, as well as the rest of my family. Alice blamed me, of course. As did the others. But, the worst part of it all was that I did too.
 

I missed her horribly, and my frozen heart ached for her.
 

Dude, it's okay. We all miss her, but you don' t need to beat yourself up over it. Emmett was walking down the stairs and saw me sulking.
 

"Thanks Em, but I can't ge over her." I smiled bitterly. "She was the reason for my existance and I let her go."
 

"It was for her own good Edward. She didn't need to be around so many vampires." I hate it when Emmett was right, and I hate it that it was the same thing I said, but it turned out to be a big mistake.
 

"Emmett, I think that you are an awesome brother. I really want to thank you for all you've done for me."
 

Emmett blinked rapidly. "Edward, are....are you turning on me?"
 

"No you big grizzly bear, I'm not gay." I laughed bitterly. Of course I wasn't gay, I'm very much in love with Isabella Swan, and I wouldn't be gay if my life depended on it. Carlisle came down the stairs. "Carlisle, you can't be serious." I said after taking a peek in his mind.
 

"I'm very much serious. We have to do this. Please, Edward." Carlisle knows that I hate it when he begs.
 

"Carlisle, I don't know. I don't think that I can." I shook my head.
 

"The opportunity that I have there is one that I was created for. Edward, please, do this for the family." Carlisle was pleading with me, and Esme was by his side. Alice, Jazz, and Rose had come down the stairs and were standing beside our 'parents'.
 

"Edward, think of all the things we have done for you." Rose began.
 

"Yeah, we left a place that we made our home." Alice said.
 

"We've done that a lot." I pointed out."
 

"Yes, but we really loved Forks. All of us did. And we know it's painful for you, but I don't think you've really considered the fact that it's hurt us too. We all loved.." Alice looked away from me.
 

"Yes, I know. And I can't be selfish to keep all of you from returning. Then, we all want to stay a family." I sighed. "Okay, fine. I will go, but I will not like it."
 

"I have a feeling that you will." Alice smirked evilly and started singing the National Anthem in Japanese. I have a strange pixie for a sister. I wanted to know what was going on in Alice's head, but I didn't have time to try to pry into her mind. I couldn't think of anything except for the fact that we were going back to Forks after all these years.
 

****

We pulled down the long spiraling driveway that was once ours, and was now again. The first thing I wanted to do, was the last I needed to do.
 

Go Edward. I know you need it. Alice said, standing behind me. I'll cover for you. She smiled her little adorable smile.
 

Sometimes it was alright to have a pixie for a sister. "Thanks Alice."
 

"Don't worry about it. " She smiled again.
 

I rushed out into the crisp air of the day to the house of the girl that was once mine. I didn't want to think of the vision Alice had of them lowering her into the ground, and a tombstone saying, 'Here lies Isabella Swan. Beloved daughter and friend.' Jacob Black was there, as was Billy and the rest of Forks. The only person that I didn't see was Charlie. I wondered where he could've been.
 

As I entered the house through my favorite spot, the second floor window, I thought of all of the times Bella and I had together. The memories brought a smile to my face, but also sadness when I remembered those awful words that I said to her when I was leaving her. Those words, I saw the pain in her eyes, and those tears almost made me lose my resolve, but this wasn't the life for her. She didn't need to be around all of these vampires. We were endangering her life, and even if she didn't see it, I did.
 

The scent of Bella was completely gone, and I could see that no one had been in this house in years. There was blood stains on the floor. They frightened me, but when I got a good look, I could see that it wasn't Bella's blood. I was somewhat relieved, but that only meant that it was Charlie's blood, or Jacob's. Why would either one of them be bleeding.
 

I shook off the thought. Charlie was dead now, after sixty years, and so was....my Bella. I looked under the floor board, where I hid all of the things that she'd had that proved that I existed, and was shocked. The pictures were all shredded that I could only barely make out what was on them. But the thing that hurt me the most was a CD, broken into four pieces.
 

BPOV

"Bells, Aro wants to speak with you." Jane came into my room. "Ew! Will you two get a room?!" She said and covered her eyes. Of course she was referring to the sight of me and Demetri, cuddled on my bed kissing. I broke away from him reluctantly and glared at her. Jane Volturi was my best friend and sister. When I'd first come, she still referred to me as a Cullen, but when I almost took her head off, she respected me and saw me as her best friend. We shopped and talked like best friends and sisters would normally do. No, I haven't gotten over my aversion to shopping, but it made Jane happy, so I did it. At least I wasn't her Barbie doll.....all of the time.
 

"We are in a room Janie dear." I said. "You said father wants me?"
 

"Yes. He said that it was important." Jane didn't make eye contact with me. She never made eye contact when she was hiding something. Before I had a chance to take a peek into her mind, Aro called me.
 

"Coming!" I said and threw Jane another glare. I stood up from Demeti's gentle embrace and earned a slap on my a*s. I giggled and ran off, hearing Jane scoff and gag.
 

I had been living in Volterra for almost sixty years, every since Demetri changed me in the alley that night. He was the first person that I saw, and we've been together every since then. When we made it to Volterra, he didn't let me feed on the humans like the rest of my family did. We always went out to hunt every week, on the outskirts of the city. He was like my knight in shining armor. He had saved me from myself, and he'd also loved me when I thought that no one could. We came to live in Volterra about a week after he'd changed me, when the thirst was settled. I think that I fell in love with him as soon as I laid eyes on him though. He was my other half, and I wasn't going to let him go.
 

"Yes, father?" I asked, as I entered the gathering room where Aro, Caius, and Felix were standing in a triangular formation, waiting for me. Aro had been like a second father to me since Charlie was killed, and Caius, a distant uncle. Aro spoiled me like I was his little princess, which is exactaly what I was to Volterra, their princess. Caius, he wasn't the best, but I was still close to him. Felix...there's nothing to say about him. He flirted with me the entire first ten years I was here and got into several brawls with Demetri, that I ended up having to intervene in. They knew that when I got angry, there was nothing on this Earth that could stop me.
 

Well, there was one thing. Demetri was connected with my powers in some way, form, or fashion. He couldn't control them, but if I allowed him to, he could help me. Also, whatever emotions I was feeling, he could feel them, and vise versa. We aer truly soul-mates, and nothing was going to change that. My powers? They're out of this world. I can do almost anything you can think of. From teleporting myself and others, to moving things with my mind, to creating force fields around people and objects. Some of my family says that I am the most powerful vampire they have ever encountered. I really don't care about the powers, as long as I have my Demetri by my side, I will be okay.
 

"Bella, dear, we have a couple of things to discuss." His voice was guarded like he was trying to approach the subject carefully. He didn't know how not to anger me with bringing this up.
 

"Spit it out father. I promise I won't get angry." I said and looked him in the eye.
 

"Okay..." No vampire that I know of has ever been afraid of anything, yet I could see the slight fear in my father's eyes. Oh great. Just because I almost burn down the palace a few times when I get angry doesn't mean anything! And Caius was asking to be thrown into a wall when he hit Demetri! I couldn't just let that slide! Plus, that time Felix grabbed my a*s was almost his death, but it was still his fault! "Felix has asked if he may court you."
 

"HE DID WHAT?!" I yelled. My eyes, normally a beautiful deep purple, I could feel turning red with the anger that
bubbled through my veins. My hands, now flaming fists of dire, were now hanging fiercely at my sides.
 

"Demetri, get in here now!" Caius called into the hallways of the palace.
 

Felix came from out of the throne room with a human at his side. The small boy looked frightened, but I ignored it, I had been for the past sixty years, and I could now. "What's going on?"
 

"You b*****d! I'm going to kill you!" I was about to lunge at Felix, tight, loving arms wrapped themselves around my waist and pulled me back. I struggled at first, but a soft humming calmed me down. I leaned back into the chest that was behind me. The fire in my veins as well as my hands was extinguished and the red slowly drained from my eyes. "I hate it when you do that," I mumbled lazily and placed my head on Demetri's chest and closed my eyes. His chuckled lowly, but ended when father spoke.
 

"You handled that well." He said sarcastically.
 

"Don't think this is over Felix." Demetri and I said at the same time, then laughed.
 

"And next time, I'm not going to stop her." Demetri said and smiled grimly.
 

"What else did you want to say father?" I had to keep up the perfect daughter pretense because no one really knew that Aro spoiled me rotten except for Jane and Demetri and Caius....well, okay, everyone knew I was spoiled, but in front of the humans, I was the perfect little princess and I was being trained to be the queen in a few years, but of course it would be more like a few thousand or so, if nothing ever happened.
 

"We...we have had word that Victoria has been spotted in Washington. We're not sure if whether or not she's in Forks, but I am sure that Demetri can track her if need be. But she is killing people in Forks and its surrounding areas, and you know we cannot have that."
 

I nodded. I had wanted to get my hands on Victoria for as long as I could remember, which is sixty long years. I hated her with every fiber of my being, and she was going to get what was coming to her when I found her. The gift of self preservation would be no help when I got to her. "I leave today father."
 

"That is fine. But you will take Caius and Felix with you, maybe Alec."
 

"Never. They will try to stop me. I take Jane and Demetri." They would know when to back off and let me do whatever the hell I felt like doing.
 

"Okay. Agreed." Aro looked at me like only a father could.
 

"You wanted to say something else?"
 

"I hate that you can read me. Yes, there is something else I wish to say. Demetri has asked if he could marry you." Aro looked over my head at my loving boyfriend.
 

"What?!" I squeaked and turned around to look at Demetri, who was now down on one knee, holding a beautiful Sapphire ring.
 

"Will you marry me baby?" He smiled his beautiful smile and looked in my eyes.
 

"Yes Demetri!! Of course I'll marry you!!" I smiled and he slid the ring on my finger, then kissed me passionately.
 

"Oh thank you baby! I love you so much!"
 

"I love you too!" I hugged him and my eyes turned a brilliant gold. If you haven't figured it out yet, my eyes change colors with the emotions that I'm feeling. Red, meaing the firey rage that I possess, and golden for joy. Sky blue is sadness, where dark blue is when I'm serious. Green equals jealousy, but I don't feel too much of that. They turn pink when I'm lusting, or filled with passion. Orange when I'm annoyed, brown when I want to be left alone, which is very different than annoyed. Silver is when I'm thoughtful, black when I'm all powerful. That's when most people should stay away from me. My eyes have only been black one time in my life, and I can't relive that moment for the fear of it coming back. Most of the time, I can control the color of my eyes, because I hate giving away my emotions, but at time like these, I can't help but be over filled with emotion, and my control slipped.
 

"Good. The wedding prepartions will be when you return from Forks whenever you're ready. There will be a ball held and all of the covens will beinvited. I want them to see the new Bella Volturi, and her fiance." Be safe sweetheart, they will be there in Forks, as well as at the ball. Face them, only if you must, but try not to harm them. I want you to face the resaon for your troubled past. I also want you to stay for a couple of months. Attend high school again if you wish. I want this done, but you may return as you wish. Only after you kill Victoris though. I read in his thoughts. I normally hated reading minds, because it made me like him, but I thought about it, and my father reads minds, and I really don't care about Edward or any of the Cullens anymore. They were all liars and they decieved me, making me believe that they loved me when they really didn't.
 

"Bella, you are nothing more than a pathetic human who I will never harbor feelings for." Edward was looking at me, I couldn't read his eyes, but I thought it was something akin to hate.

"Edward, what....what are you saying?" The tears were on their way, but I couldn't understand, so they hadn't some yet.

"See? Stupid! Useless! You can't even tell that I'm leaving you!"

"L-leaving m-me?......But why?" My mind wandered back to my birthday party. "Tell Jasper that I'm sorry! It wasn't his fault."

"This isn't about Jasper! This is about us! Or what used to be!"

"Used to be?"

"Bella, I don't love you! I have seen human relationships from the inside and you can never posses the feelings you say you have for me! I thought it would be easy to kill you, but you proved to be an interesting subject. But now I have outgrown you. You are nothing to me. I do not love you, and I never will."

"What...what did I do?"

"You cannot change your birth, but you are human nonetheless and I cannot be with a human. Perhaps I will go mate with Tanya, a woman worthy of a male like myself! Unlike you! Worthless human!"

I couldn't breathe. I could barely see for the blinding tears. "Why?"

"I hate you! I hope to never see you again! It will be as if I was never here, your fraile human mind will forget about me like you would if I was here. You wasted my time and now, I'm done with you!" Edward turned and left me in the forest, drowning in my own tears.

A hand on my shoulder awoke me from my daydream. It was early morming and the trip had taken us a few hours. I shook my head to rid myself of the last of my daydream. We were in Forks, in front of the house that once belonged to Charlie. I walked in and smiled. So he had been here. I faintly remembered his smell from when I was human, and now, smelling it for the first time as a vampire, I truly knew what he smelled like. He smelled of lies and betrayal. I was nothing more than a toy to him....to them. A brainless Barbie for Rose, a joke for Emmett, a distraction and experiment for Edward, a pain to Rose, a tastey snack for Jasper, a paitent for Carlisle, and just a little human for Esme. They didn't love me. They never could, but they wanted me to believe that they did.
 

"He's been here." I said acidly.
 

"What?" Demetri's head snapped towards me.
 

"He was here about an hour ago. Alice followed him and came in too, after he left." I said as we walked up the stairs to my room. I saw the shredded picutres all over the floor, along with the CD that I'd broken. After Charlie was killed, I tripped over a floorboard and found everything that Edward had taken from me. My anger got the best of me and ripped everything apart in a blind rage. Smiling evilly, I walked around my room and studied everythign that they touched. I hoped that they understood that the pain I felt was because of them, and that I can never be the same now. "Whatever. It doesn't matter. We start school tomorrow, so we need to go down there now to register. Then we need to get to tracking Victoria."
 

"Okay." Jane said and looked around my room. I could tell she wanted to say something, but my eyes were leaking brown. I tried hard to fight it, and after about three seconds I won. But those three seconds were long enough for both my best friend and my fiance to see. Then I smiled and they saw the gold that my eyes were giving off. I was happy when I thought about Demetri and I getting married.
 

Demetri took my hand and we went back outside to the car. We walked into my old high school, and liked what I saw. Some major renovations had been done, and the place looked more upscale, even though the student population was only four hundred and forty seven.
 

"You must be the new students." A man dark curly hair at the front desk asked. For a brief moment, I wondered what had happened to Ms. Cope, then I remembered that she was human, that she had died probably long ago. The girls are pretty cute. Stop it Matt! They are in high school. The man menatlly chided himself and I bit back a giggle. We got that a lot, and most of the time, I ignored it.
 

"Yes. My name is Bella Swan, this is my brother, Demetri Swan, and my sister Jane Swan." I smiled and made my eyes remain purple. We'd decided to go with the last name Swan, since Volturi was Italian and we wanted to avoid questions.
 

"Here are your schedules. If you want, since it is still pretty early in the day, you can join your classes now." He handed me the three papers and I gave them to my 'siblings'. If only they knew the kinds of activities Demetri and I engaged in! That would say something about us 'siblings'. I saw that Jane and I had all of the smae classes, and Demetri and I had all except for one. He was livid with the thought of being away from me for evenone moment.
 

"I think we will attend classes today, if that's alright with you guys?" I looked at Jane and Demetri, who nodded. "Good. But first, Mr...."
 

"Davison. Matthew Davison." He said.
 

"Mr. Davison, may I get this one class changed on my brother's schedule? He's afwully shy and I'd hate for him to feel out of place." I smiled my most charming smile and handed the piece of paper back to the office secretary.
 

"Certainly." He smiled back and tapped a few buttons on his personal computer. A new schedule was printed out and he handed the crispy warm paper.
 

"Thank you." I smiled again and we filed out of the office.
 

"Why did you say that you wanted to go to class today?" Jane asked.
 

"Because today is going to be an interesting day." I smiled and we walked into our first class, instantly met with a large group of eyes, but the golden ones stood out against the crowd.
 

"Bella." I heard someone whisper my name. Him. I smiled.



© 2009 Lady Miyako-san of the West


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

O.O My new fav couple, O.O

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
1 Review
Added on July 23, 2009
Last Updated on August 31, 2009


Author

Lady Miyako-san of the West
Lady Miyako-san of the West

Forks, WA



About
I am a young inspired writer who is striving for success!!! I don't do fancy and I don't do fake. I am me and I always will be, there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it, so deal with it!.. more..

Writing