Bitten

Bitten

A Chapter by Lady Miyako-san of the West

BPOV

How was it that no matter how much I missed Edward, and how much I tried not to think of him, he always wormed his way back into my mind? I looked out of the window and found nothing, not that I thought I would anyway. I just figured it'd be better to look. Maybe my mind was playing tricks on me.
 

No. I know I heard a voice. And I know that it was familiar. I knew him....but...Damn! I wish Edward was here righ-
 

The phone ringing down stairs seperated me from my thoughts. Charlie was already gone for the day, so I rushed down to the phone.
 

"Hello?" I said.
 

"Bella, did they come back?" Jake's voice was frantic.
 

"Who?...N-no. They're not back. Why?"
 

"There was a vampire outside your house last night. We couldn't track him after he ran."
 

That's what I love about Jake. He always tells me what's going on without sparing my feelings. "Oh...that's- never mind."
 

"That's what Bella? If you have any information you need to tell us. This is very important. Forks could be in danger."
 

"Well, there was someone here...in my room last night. He said something then disappeared. My window was still open when I got up."
 

"What did he say Bella?"
 

"I...I don't remember."
 

"Doesn't matter. I'll be there in 5 minutes Bella. I promise I won't let anything happen to you." Jake said then hung the phone up.
 

I placed the phone on the cradle and slid down the wall, gasping for breath. There had been a vampire in my room last night. Laurent was dead, the voice was too deep to have been Victoria's...I know it wasn't any of them. So who could it have been? Aro? Were the Volturi finally coming to check up on me? If they were, they were sure to kill me now that Edward had left and I still knew the secret.
 

I could feel my heart beating frantically in my chest, like it was going to burst out of my body. How could this happen? I thought I was through with vampires. There was a knock on the door, and Jake walked in.
 

"I used the key from under the eave. I hope you don't mind." He said, walking into the house. When he spotted me on the floor, gaspoing for breath, he rushed to my side. "Bella! Bells, honey! Are you okay?!" Jake picked me up into his arms and carried me upstairs. "He was here, in here." Jake was beginning to tremble violently.
 

"Jake," I gasped, "calm down." It was beginning to get more difficult for me to breathe.
 

"No! I can't calm down! There was a filthy bloodsucker in here, and I didn't do anything about it!" Jacob sat me on the bed and clenched his teeth together. The trembling got worse and he dig his hands in his face. "I need to go before I..." Jake hopped out of my window and took off into the forest.
 

"Bella, honey, I'm home." I heard Charlie call from downstairs. When I didn't answer, he started coming up the stairs. A gust of wind blew through my room. Along with the wind, there was a fire. It traveled along with the wind, as if they were attached. Charlie yelled and there was some loud crashing. Charlie was thrown into my room followed by Victoria!
 

"Hello dear Bella." Victoria smiled. Her voice was high pitched and child like.
 

"V-Victoria." I stammered while she grabbed Charlie by the hair.
 

"You're going to watch me kill this pathetic human, then I'm going to kill you. Got that Bella?" She said my name with much malice. Victoria bit into Charlie's neck and he cried out in pain.
 

"Charlie...Dad." I whispered. Tears again stained my face, but I was too scared to move, to run. I know Victoria would've caught me, but I knew I needed to get out of there. I couldn't watch her kill Charlie. But I did. I watched as Victoria broke each of Charlie's limb. Cringed at the sickening sound of the bones crunching as she crushed them. Charlie passed out three times from the pain, and after the fourth, he never opened his eyes again.
 

"Charlie?" I whispered. I reached out to him, but Victoria snapped her teeth at me. I heard a wolf howl in the distance. It didn't concern me. Victoria's head snapped up towards the sound and she looked at me, wondering if she had enough time to kill me before the wolf came. She didn't. Four large wolves were at my window in an instant. They didn't want to tear through the house, but they did anyway. Victoria ran downstairs and out the front door, I'm guessing. Three of the four followed after her, leaving the russet one in the room with me. He looked from Charlie's dead body to me, and I saw a tear roll out of his eye. He held his head down, whimpered, then went after the others. I slid off the bed silently and cradled Charlie's body to me. Again, the sadness and sorrow tore through my body painfully and made the tears come faster.
 

Paul and Sam came back to my house in their human forms, sorrow washed over their faces. They came in to see me still holding onto Charlie's lifeless body.
 

"Bella, I'm so sorry. This is all my fault. I should've been here instead of Jacob." Sam said and knelt down beside me.
 

I couldn't say anything. I closed my eyes and gritted my teeth. Maybe....maybe then I could wake up from my dream. Maybe if I tried hard enough, I could stop myself from falling for a vampire. Maybe, just maybe, my dad would still be alive.
 

****

The funeral was depressing. I hadn't eaten in two weeks, I hadn't left that spot in my room where I held on to Charlie's body. When Sam had come in, after I didn't say anything to him, and Paul scooped up Charlie's body and carried him who knows where. And in top of that Jacob hadn't said anything to me since that day. Everyone in Forks was here, at the funeral. Jessica, Angela, Ben, even Mike, he hadn't said a word to me, and that was good. School wasn't on the top of my to do list, so I'd missed the last two weeks of it. Standing in between Billy and Sam wasn't the greatest hign either.
 

"Here lies Charlie Swan, beloved father, friend, and officer. We will all miss him, and may he rest in peace." The preacher said as he concluded his speech. "And now, his daughter to say a few words."
 

I gulped and walked up to stand in front of the casket. I looked back to all of my friends, Jacob didn't meet my eye contact. He felt that it was his fault for leaving me that night, but I didn't blame him. No. Of course not. There was one person I blamed. Or more like a group of people. The Cullens were at fault here. If they hadn't left, Charlie would still be here. I tried to swallow around the growing lump in my throat. It was fairly difficult seeing that it was the size of a golf ball.
 

I looked into the distance and saw a cloaked figure. Those red eyes boring into me from afar. I narrowed my eyes and cocked my head to the side. I wanted to find out who is was, but I know I was to afraid to. It would probably kill me, or someone else close to me. I took another look at my friends and shook my head. "I-I'm sorry. I can't." I let the tears fall free and I took off in the opposite direction of everyone....especially those crimson eyes.
 

I ran as far and as fast as my legs would carry me. Natrually, I tripped over something and fell. A rock cut my hand and the gash leaked blood quickly. I put my back up against a building and cried for what felt like hours. A thought occured to me. What if I was dead? Everything would be over if I was dead. Victoria wouldn't have to come back to Forks, I wouldn't hurt Jake anymore, and no one else would get hurt. It's perfect.
 

I grab the sharp rock tightly in my uninjured hand and pressed it against my wrist. It was cool against my skin, and once again, thoughts of Edward came into my mind, along with a flood of tears.
 

"Don't do that." There it was. That voice again. I didn't want to look up. I didn't want to face whoever it was. All I wanted to do was end this. End this miserable thing called life. I ran the rock against my wrist roughly and felt the sting of pain, followed by the blood gushing out of the flesh wound. I smiled bitterly as dizziness came over me. My aversion to blood was still in place.
 

"I cannot allow you to end your life like this." The owner of the voice grabbed me roughly by my shoulders and bit into my neck. Almost immediately I felt the sting of the vemon in his mouth. It was ten times worse than when James had bitten me.
 

I felt the fire lick through my veins and finertips. I yelled out in pain. I'm sure someone heard me, because I could hear murmering and I vaguely felt someone stroking my hair, but the pain was too much.
 

****

Finally, the pain began subside and I oculd stop screaming, it did no good anyway. My body was numb and there was a faint fire burning its way to my heart, both of them fighting for dominance. I didn't know which one I wanted to win the battle. If my heart won, would that mean I would wake up and still feel the pain that I once felt for Edward and the rest of the Cullens? If the vemon won, would I be the blood thirsty newborn vampire that everyone feared and would I kill my friends?
 

I guess I would find out the latter of the two, because I felt my heart stop. I gasped and opened my eyes to a new world.
 



© 2009 Lady Miyako-san of the West


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

So yuo are you making a new new moon? I really like this and can't wait for you to continue.



Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 22, 2009
Last Updated on August 31, 2009


Author

Lady Miyako-san of the West
Lady Miyako-san of the West

Forks, WA



About
I am a young inspired writer who is striving for success!!! I don't do fancy and I don't do fake. I am me and I always will be, there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it, so deal with it!.. more..

Writing