Cold Woman

Cold Woman

A Chapter by Lady Miyako-san of the West

BPOV

How was it that no matter how I tried to get my visit to the reservation out of my mind, nothing worked? I spent every moment of my time by Demetri's side, and still, nothing would make that little visit disappear from my mind.
 

*Flashback*

I went back to the reservation to talk to Jacob without his little friends there to inturrupt. It was Jake, Quil, Embry and I sitting in the living room. The wolves still didn't trust me enough to leave me alone with Jake.

"Why isn't Billy dead yet?" I asked. The question had been bothering me ever since I'd seen him.

"Because he has Quillette blood in him. He won't die for another ten years." Jake answered me.

"Oh. So how have things been going, I mean, after I left?"

"Bella we all thought you were dead!" Quil blurted. "What happened? We didn't see you at all after the funeral."

"I saw someone standing far off from everyone else. It was the same person that had been haunting me for the longest. I didn't want anyone else to get hurt." I shook my head. "I couldn't let any of you get hurt. So I ran. And he caught me. I was bitten and Demetri and I have been in love every since."

"You love the b*****d that took your life away?" Jake growled.

I shook my head again. "No. Metri didn't take my life away. He saved me. If I had've stayed human....I....I couldn't have dealt with it all. Losing Edward, then Charlie, it was just too much. Demetri saved me and made my life better."

"Bella, how could you do that to us?" Jake whispered.

"Us? Jake, you know I didn't see you that way. You were my best friend. You are my best friend....at least, I hope you are."

"I'll always be your best friend Bella. Even if you are a filthy bloodsucker."

"Actually, I'm not. Well, I don't have to be. I don't have to drink blood to survive. I can gain energy from human food and Demetri, but I really don't need anything to sustain my life." I said.

"Oh. Why don't you stink like the others?" Embry asked.

"Because I'm different than them. You say my powers the other day and I can honestly say that I'm the strongest of my kind. I don't know why, it just is."

Quil reached out to touch me. "And your skin is warm. Not hot, like ours, but not cold like the others."

"I told you I'm different." I giggled softly as Quil ran his finger along my jawline. Jake cleared his throat and Quil jerked his hand back. "Still possessive I see."

Jake looked at me. "I love you Bells. That's all there is too it."

I sighed. "Jake, I love you too, but in a completely different way."

"Yeah, me and Bella are getting married!" Quil said.

"Um....speaking of getting married...." I held my left hand out and showed off my ring. "I'm getting married in a couple of months."

"What?!" Jake roared.

"To who?" Quil asked. Embry just sat in shock.

"Demetri. He's my other half. I love him."

"You can't be serious." Jake said.

"Oh but I am. I rarely play about things like this." I shrugged. "I love him."

"Bella, you were never one to fall in love easily." Jake crossed his arms.

"I know." I sighed. "I fell for Edward too fast and I was hurt. But it's taken me years to finally get over him. Now I am unswervingly loyal to my Metri."

"Sure sure." Jake rolled his eyes.

"But what about us Bella?! I thought we had something!" Quil joked.

"Love, I know, but we are too different. We cannot be together." I sniffed. "I am sorry, but it has to be this way." I placed my hand on Quil's shoulder and we all burst into laughter.

"I really missed you Bella." Embry said finally.

"I missed you guys too." I said. "What happened to you after I left Jake?"

"Took off. I wanted to find you so I left. I didn't want to believe that you were dead. I was gone for a couple of years and when I came back, nothing had changed much. That girl...I think her name was Lauren...yeah that was it. She came to La Push and asked me about going to the movies with her when I got back. I found out she flunked out of school and was living with her parents."

"Yeah, I had Demetri track everyone here for a while. I spent a little of bit of time watching you guys."

"How?" Jake asked.

"It's one of the things I can do. If I picutre a person in my mind and concentrate, I can see where they are."

"That's....disturbing." Embry said after three minutes of silence.

"I know. It's one of the things I only use unless it's absolutely needed." I admitted.

"Bella, there's something I need to tell you." Jake said.

"I know. It's why Billy was mad at me."

"How..."

"I can see into the future. My powers are really really unlimited. I can do almost anything. But the things with you guys is kinda fuzzy."

"I don't believe it." Quil said.

"Then tell me to do something that a normal vampire or person shouldn't be able to do." I challenged.

"Can you fly?"

"It's not really flying, so much as leviataing." I said as I rose from my seat with a smile.

"Can you....move things with your mind?"

"Child's play." I pointed my finger at a lamp beside the couch and flew it around the room, then sat it gently on the table.

"Can you do it without pointing or looking?"

I cocked my head to the side and looked at him while the lamp flew around the room again.

"Impressive."

"That's all you got for me? I'm insulted." I said.

"Can you shape-shift?"

"I can change my image to match one in my mind, but I can't phase into a wolf or anything bizzare like that." I smiled.

"And how is that bizzare?" Quil crossed his arms.

"Well, any normal person can't change into a werewolf." I smiled again.

"Well we aren't normal, and neither are you." Quil leaned in closer to me.

"Too close wolf boy." I said with a small laugh and leaned back.

"Bella, this is serious. I need to talk to you." Jake said, his voice serious in all aspects of the word.

"About what?" I asked, turning to him.

"Billy. About why he was so mean the other day."

"Okay. Shoot."

Jake launched into a tale of the history of the pack dating back to some hundred years. (A/N: He told her the story that was in Eclipse, I just didn't want to tell the whole thing on here.)

"Okay, what does that have to do with me?" I asked. My visions of them were too fuzzy and the sound was pretty jumbled up.

"The third wife is the one that saved people from the Cold Woman."

I nodded. "Uh huh."

"Bella, Billy says that you are the Cold Woman."

*End Flashback*

I'd told him that that was impossible, that it couldn't be. That happened some hundreds of years ago. And I was born in '87 and that stuff happened way before I was born...or thought of for that matter. So how could I be the Cold Woman?
 

His answer was that he didn't know, but that Billy knew.
 

Was my only option to talk to Billy and get the answers from him? He wouldn't even have a sane conversation with me. So how the hell was I supposed to find this s**t out?
 

"You can't be serious Bella!" Jane screeched.
 

"As a heart attack." I was doing Jane's hair for her date with Bryan.
 

"But you aren't that old. I'm old enough, but I was with Aro and we were just settling down in Italy when that happened I think."
 

I listened and nodded, still brushing her hair. "I don't lnow how any of this is possible."
 

"Me either."
 

The doorbell rang.
 

Jane and I smiled. "We'll talk when you get back." I said and almost pushed her down the stairs.
 

"Thanks Bella." She almost flew to the door. "Hi Bryan!" She smiled.
 

"Hey Jane. Hello Bella." He said as I stepped behind Jane.
 

"Now ya'll kids don't stay out too late, ya hear?" I said with a heavy Southern accent. I went back to my normal voice. "And don't do anything that you wouldn't do in from of you par-ents!" I sang.
 

Bryan smiled while Jane elbowed me in the ribs. They walked out of the door and I went back upstairs. "Metri.." I called.
 

"Yes, love?" He poked his head in the door.
 

"I'm bored." I said.
 

He licked the blood from his lips and smiled at me. "What do you want to do?"
 

"Why don't you finish your dinner then come and tend to me." I said in a sexy voice. I hated it when he brought his victims here, but it made him happy, so I let him.
 

"Be right back then." He dashed out of the room and was back in five seconds. Demetri hopped on the bed and we began round one of our pleasurable night. It helped me get my mind off of Billy saying that I was the Cold Woman, and that was good enough for me.



© 2009 Lady Miyako-san of the West


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on August 31, 2009
Last Updated on August 31, 2009


Author

Lady Miyako-san of the West
Lady Miyako-san of the West

Forks, WA



About
I am a young inspired writer who is striving for success!!! I don't do fancy and I don't do fake. I am me and I always will be, there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it, so deal with it!.. more..

Writing