August 24, 1931 8 A.M

August 24, 1931 8 A.M

A Chapter by One Lost Anti-Hero

When I finally came to I was in my cabin with a bee in my brain. I couldn’t recall anything and the smell of men didn’t help at all. So I closed my eyes trying to remember something that happened last night, but all that came to mind was that odd mirror. “Jake. Alden!” I yelled, but to no response.

“Wait that mirror has to have link to all this.” Frantically searching for it on my person and in the room, however it was missing. Exhausted I decided to give up on the hunt and move on. “Oh well I guess this is one of those thing that’s better if give up on it.” I thought as I collapsed on my bunk sighing in sorrow. It was about five in the morning so I decided that rest would be more useful than worrying over a mirror. So as I lay on my side looking at the night sky stared back down at me; I felt something holding my chest close. A female voice similar to the one from the day before sneak up behind me.

“Sigh. I was hoping that your love for exploration would aide me in my quest, but you turn out to be just as useless like the rest of your kind. What a waste. I took my own personal time to analyze your language and I am rewarded with such an unrefined gentleman who quits half-way through, how disappointing.”

I turned around and to my surprise a young woman about the age of eighteen resting next to me staring deep into my eyes. She had long black hair that emitted a warm feeling in my chest while her body made even the works of nature fall before it. Her skin was looked silky smooth like that of newborns child. I immediately jumped backwards surprised to see her without a single piece of cloth on her body; then turned away knowing that my mother would be furious if she saw this image of such a low thing. “What in god’s merciful wrath did I do last night?” I wondered if I had hurt this woman, but as I did something strange caught my eye.

“Is that a fox tail? Why did you let an animal in the cabin? Boss is going to kill us if he finds the two of you in here.” I recklessly grabbed the tail to try and get the creature out of my home before anyone found out.

“Oh my, aren’t you rather daring for grabbing a lady’s tail, especially one without her clothes on.” She toyed with me as I stared at the tail wondering what kind of mental state I was in. The girl seemed to be enjoying my anxiety and that made me all the more stressful, so I immediately let go of the tail crawled backwards to the corner of the room.

“What are you?” I was frightened and yet intrigued at the sight of the woman’s tail. For the first time in a long time I was actually dumbfounded at what I was looking at. “Are you one of those famous deities from the old lore of Japan? Since you have a tail I have to ask are you a god or just fox lady.”

“Sigh.” She said aloud. “You could say that I am, but I was much more than a simple deity or that woman. I am a creature of refined roots with outstanding knowledge that perceive the darkest of caves. I hold beauty that extends beyond the grasp of a mere mortal.” The tailed girl bragged.

“A little narcissistic aren’t we? Well besides your tail you seem to be nothing more than a simple girl.” I told her. I didn’t really mind the girl’s tail as much her mouth that seemed to only speak in a superior tone. Still I wondered what kind of story this girl was a part of. “So can I at least get a name from you or do I have to beg mistress arrogant.” He mocked her.

“Depends do you wish to follow a person you just met into an abyss of emptiness.” The girl’s expression was no longer joyful and silly, but rather blank. She turns to look outside the window as she covered herself with my blanket. Her eyes seemed distant, like as if recalling a fond memory. “You look so much like him.”

I reached for my bag to get some clothes out of it. “None of these will fit, but I can’t have a lady naked in my room, no matter how strange she is.” I threw the clothes onto the bed and realized it was almost morning. The girl was fast asleep on her side without a single care in the world, while I sat on the floor at the edge of the bed, my eyes growing heavy by each second. “I’ll ask her when I go to work I guess.” I finally fell asleep feeling her hand hold mine; all I knew at that time was I was going to figure out what was going on.



© 2015 One Lost Anti-Hero


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on January 16, 2015
Last Updated on March 15, 2015


Author

One Lost Anti-Hero
One Lost Anti-Hero

TX



About
I'm just a person that can be described in very few words. Shy, simple, and human are just to name a few. I like to put on a mask and use various personalities to try to make things as relaxing If we .. more..

Writing