Is he Our Hero?

Is he Our Hero?

A Chapter by One Lost Anti-Hero

­Tenshi was a thirteen year old boy in his town of Nisi; however he his view of the world was much more mature than children his age. Throughout his life he had seen the many shades of colors that the townspeople embodied. He had lived a life given of stability because his father was a high ranking politician, but his heart was scarred due to it. He was viewed by everyone in the town being the son of a hero of war and all. Even so he never smiled at anyone in town because no matter what he said or did he was nothing more than a hero’s son.

While the other children loved to play with friends, Tenshi was pushed away and feared by everyone. The only one who would truly listen to his words instead of just hearing them was his mother Eliza. Tenshi loved her very much, but dread crept into his soul as she was succumb to a mysteriously ailment recently. This was impossible since in this place, rather this world, sickness has been eliminated thus there weren't any doctors around to cure her. His father told him to quit worrying about his mother and focus on his future, but Tenshi knew that all he was a replacement for his father, so he spent most of his time with his mother watching after her tending for her every need. Ignoring his father’s command he left his father’s home and found a smaller, but comfortable house for him to help his mother. She would lie in the infirmary that he had built for hours sometimes days just lying there waiting for her boy to come chat with her.

One Sunday afternoon his mother asked Tenshi for a favor and he agreed before she could even finish explaining what it was. She explained that she wanted a shell from the beach as well as a picture of the sunset over the horizon.

Without a second thought he grabbed his camera and headed for the shores. He arrived shortly because it was only a five minute walk there from his home and while he was there he met a fourteen year old girl by the name of Mizuzu in the trees near the beach. He found it odd that a girl would be out on the beach with such simple clothing. She wore a white dress with no design and as plain as the sand even so he respected the way she looked in the dress because it reminded him of simplicity at its finest. They sat on dock gazing at the beautiful sky until she was picked up by her brother. Then loud crash coming from his home shook the air and left the boy in a state of fear. He quickly turned around dashing to his mother’s aid with all his might.

As he opened the door he could see that his house had been turned upside down, this gave him a shock and he quickly ran to his mother’s infirmary, but she was nowhere to be seen. His heart began to be trampled as he searched for her until he heard a noise coming from his room. Tenshi slowly opened the door and saw his mother lying there in pain. He ran to her side holding her in his arms hoping that it wasn't too late. He started to feel as if his heart had been burning, but the pain subsided when he heard her whisper his name.

“Hello Tenshi, it’s a great afternoon, isn't it.” She faintly said.

“Mother this isn't the time to be joking. Are you okay? How can I help? Please tell me.” He said in panic.

“Tenshi I'm sorry it’s too late for me, but I want to tell you something before I go.” Her grip began to weaken as she lay in his arms. Her body felt light as if everything she was made of was suddenly taken away.

“You don’t have to go.” Tenshi begun to cry as he watched his mother slowly lose her strength. He wanted to help her, but he didn't know what he would've done. His mind started to close and the world around him slowly disappeared

“You must realize by now that this society is in a false sense of security and the people act relatively similar in the way they handle situations. It’s because of the brutal murder of the darkness.” As she spoke Tenshi soon found he wasn't shocked by the things his mother told him.

“Darkness, what is that?” He asked.

Eliza began to cough up blood as her face began to be drained of color, but pressed on as she knew she had to tell her son the truth. She held his hand as hard as she could, but the grip was no stronger than mere newborn.

“The darkness is what we used to call the so called evil. I’m sure you've heard of it from your father right and supposedly we were protecting ourselves from them, but that is a lie.” Her eyes barely open as she found it harder to breathe as each second passed by. Tenshi could only stay by her side listening to her final words. He felt so angry because of incompetence and heartbroken that he was unable to protect the one person dearest to him.

“Tenshi there are two people who survived the massacre. Their names are Mizuzu and Edward Arturia; you saw them today right? They’re siblings that I have been helping for the past couple years, but was forced to stop. I was once like the people of this town; ignorant and only able to care for the well being of myself.” His mother eyes were now closed, but she continued to speak growing silent every moment that passed. The word forced was trapped in his mind, ringing like a echoing of a bell upon a church. He could only think that his mother wasn't sick she was poisoned and it caused his mind to be filled with revenge, but was drawn back due to his mother’s hand. “Please change the world they live in my son and protect them from the people. Remember that no matter how corrupt we may be, how many lies we tell, there is no way that people be treated like that.” With those words her body became transparent and disappeared leaving only a small dagger and a ring with an intense glow. Tenshi was trapped in a cycle of pain shadowing over his soul as held out his hand to where his mother laid. His mother was gone forever and he knew that he had no power to prevent it. He sat there staring at the dagger and ring with a blank stare as his tears fell down his cheeks and onto the blade. Suddenly he came to the realization that he was now truly alone. He had no one to help him in his time of need, but as quickly as the thought appeared was also how it vanished.

“Damn it. Damn it. DAMN IT ALL!” he yelled at the top of his lungs. Tenshi was filled with rage because not only did he lose the only person he cared for, he also didn’t know who to blame. His thoughts were clouded by anger and he felt weak and knew that he had to find answers that he didn’t know. Then he remembered the girl he met that day and recited his mother’s last words and that was enough motivation to search for her. He took hold of the ring and knife and put the around his belt. “I only have to protect those two right mother; everyone else is fair game right. I search for those who are vital, unable to escape my gaze I call upon your mighty sight.” His pupils became pure white and his gaze increase in radius over the whole town. His mind became clear, his emotion stable as he saw Mizuzu walking into an alley way and so he went to chase in search for answers. If he was going to fulfill his mother’s final wish then he’ll fulfill his own as well. Tenshi closed his heart and began his search for answers in a place that seems to hide them all.




© 2015 One Lost Anti-Hero


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on March 14, 2015
Last Updated on March 14, 2015


Author

One Lost Anti-Hero
One Lost Anti-Hero

TX



About
I'm just a person that can be described in very few words. Shy, simple, and human are just to name a few. I like to put on a mask and use various personalities to try to make things as relaxing If we .. more..

Writing