The Beginning of the end.

The Beginning of the end.

A Chapter by Lissette
"

The Prologue.

"

                 PROLOGUE:
I stare at the empty computer screen. Waiting for the words to come. And of course as soon as I place my quivering fingers on the keys, they spring to life. Ready to tell the world of the experiences they have lived through. The horrors they have felt and bore witness to. The torture they have endured. And all for one they loved. A man so powerful in his allure of this young girls soul that she will be forever bound under his spell. She followed him to the ends of the earth to assist him on his many quests…a perilous journey of discovery and deceit. One that tore her away from her friends, her family and those that cared about her most. She disregarded humanity. Left it in ruin, for one that she loved. The human condition, mans propensity toward self torment as an English teacher of mine had once so adequately put it. The true heightened selfishness of humanity was yet to arise as I set out to follow the man I loved like a blind man follows a trusted dog. They have never bonded truly until the man lets go of all he is afraid of and trusts the dog on the other end of the lead with what little is left of his life. This is how I trusted Alexander. He was my light in the dark. My umbrella in the rain. The spring in my step. The light in my eyes. The depths in my soul. Ragged breathing follows the typing of my keys.

They have woken.
The simple eerie calls of my stereo send shivers down my spine and with a click on the button of my small remote, the light and noise is extinguished. Now all that remains is the dimming light of my laptop screen…another click….darkness falls…my story is for another time…



© 2009 Lissette


Author's Note

Lissette
as my previous note, the grammatical errors can be put down to typing at 12am and no-one to reread it before I post it.
Too intense????

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really liked reading this! The way that you ended it makes me want to read more. Good job!

Posted 15 Years Ago


That was good, no it wasn't intense it wanted me to read more

Posted 15 Years Ago


I really like it. The end really makes me want to read more. I don't think it's too intense, it's just intense enough to draw the reader in.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
3 Reviews
Added on January 28, 2009


Author

Lissette
Lissette

Auckland, New Zealand



About
Hmmm...where to start. I feel in the mood to list...lets make some lists... Name: Sophie (no it's not short for Sophia) Age: wouldn't you like to know :P Height: ...lets just say I'm vertically c.. more..

Writing