Chapter Three: Detention

Chapter Three: Detention

A Chapter by Lissette
"

This is chapter three and where the main plot begins. Its an opening to where it all begins and she meets her knight in shining black boots. Another fairly short chapter

"

          CHAPTER THREE:

My wandering brought me to the main hallway of my high school.
Gag. I said to myself. Every bright, happy, crappy poster was hung in here. I casually moved to the left and dragged my black finger-nailed hand across the wall letting my nails catch any and all posters, ripping them to the ground. Now I’m generally not a destructive person but these posters are just taunting, asking for it. I reached the end of the corridor and observed the mess I’ve created, ripped pages, torn photos and even a banner announcing the coming arrival of the “school ball” lay to the ground.
“Again, gag, and score one for me!” I said turning around and triumphantly marching down towards the grounds. After carefully choosing a heavily shaded tree, I sat beneath it and brought out my ink-spattered journal.
These “study periods” are supposed to be used for seniors approaching exams to study in but the teachers couldn’t really dictate what they all did so I used mine for writing things that come into my head that could be used as song lyrics. If you haven’t guessed by now I’m kinda making a snails pace progress towards making a band, and you have to start somewhere.
I flicked open to the next free page I had and began to scrawl, in my messy writing:
“I cry silent tears of hatred for no-one but myself.”
“I feel like I should sink back into the shadows from where I came, just give up on living.”
“I want to go home but I know I am home, or what I used to call home.”
I paused at this one considering how these may just be my feelings rather than good ideas that have popped into my head, but I pushed this aside as I continued to write.
“I have no home now, my world has been split in two and this time far beyond repair. This life will never be the same.”
“I suffer for my music because music comes form misery and misery is created by music.”
“I’m melting with acidic feelings, from the inside out.”
Just then, a shadow fell over my book. I bit my lip hoping it was just the sun shifting. No such luck, glaring down at me through beady little eyes was Mr. Stevens.
Crap. I swore under my breath. He leant over, snatching my book out of my hands before I could hide it. Now was his time for revenge.  What I did next shocked even me. I leaped up, snatched my book back and glared right back.
“Mr. Stevens,” I said, my voice forcibly polite, “We are seniors, in class and out, and we deserve to be treated with respect, whether we’ve earned it or not, especially when it comes to personal property.” I spat the last two words out, placed my book back in my bag and stormed off with as much dignity as I could muster. It didn’t last as long as I’d hoped, because I’d stormed straight into an angry principal.
“Oh sorry Ms Staples” I said avoiding eye contact. It was just something people did, like with Medusa.
“Rosanna Mackenzie, you must come with me immediately,” she barked in a sharp, official tone that kept her beating her male competitors-including Mr. Stevens-to the principal job.
“But Miss, he had no right to take my book and his class….” I trailed of realising, to late that I should’ve kept quiet.
“This is not about some, feeble book-“ I could’ve sworn I saw a twitch in the pincer-like hold she had over her lips, “-this is about defacing school property! On your exam break!” she said clasping me firmly by the arm and leading me to somewhere that was all too familiar.



© 2009 Lissette


Author's Note

Lissette
It's another short one but one that hopefully will lead into the main plot....all comments are welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on March 15, 2009


Author

Lissette
Lissette

Auckland, New Zealand



About
Hmmm...where to start. I feel in the mood to list...lets make some lists... Name: Sophie (no it's not short for Sophia) Age: wouldn't you like to know :P Height: ...lets just say I'm vertically c.. more..

Writing