Chapter Two: Geography

Chapter Two: Geography

A Chapter by Lissette
"

The second chapter of my unnameable story...;p

"

                     CHAPTER TWO:

I hate Geography. The teacher is a loony freak who always asks the most stupid questions, as though we were all toddlers. And I just knew his signature one was arriving.
"So how many of you went overseas these holidays?" Right on cue.
A few raised their hands and were glowered at by the lesser fortunate of their peers. I put my hand up reluctantly, only raising it to elbow height so I could be mistaken for stretching. I didn’t so much feel that I’d left rather than been "abducted" and brought back to the same place but at the wrong time.
"Ah Rosanna, and where was this little explorer off to these holidays?" Asked Mr Stevens. I contemplated telling him about the thrill of rafting, the muscle pain of a mule ride and the fear and excitement of a dive. I thought this all of two seconds before deciding on a more 'sarcastic' remark.
“Well first the fairy-imps took me to Mars, and then I orbited Jupiter for a couple of centuries. Before of course landing here in the wrong dimension." I replied coolly, an enormous fake smile on my face, already knowing the consequences of my answer. Mr. Stevens face contorted with anger for a moment then settled on what he must have believed to be an amused grin, I personally would have preferred the anger. A few of the dumber classmates giggled and Mr Stevens spun around and they too were met by the grin of hatred. Miraculously this was all that happened, because he spun around, his back to the class and finished writing up the days work on his whiteboard.

“Wow Rose, you must have a guardian angel or something because I was sure Stevie was going to kill you!” yelled Nick, my best friend since, forever. The last thing I wanted was my head to head with Mr. Stevens to become public knowledge. Of course, he’d uttered this right in front of Rita, a weedy third former, who, I swear will take over the world with her hidden connections. Anyway, I turned my head toward Nick trying to ignore Rita’s gleeful grin. He finally caught up to me and peered at me trying to figure out what was wrong. This was an annoying habit he’d picked up after all these years knowing me. I bit my lip and stopped myself commenting on the large blemish appearing on the side of his face. I don’t have many friends so I have to keep the ones I have.
“Well? Why’d you antagonise the devil?” he said narrowing his eyes making him look more pig-like then ever. I don’t mean to be rude to him but he’s not the most attractive of people, he’s a bit taller than I am which is still not very tall. He has squinty eyes, probably my fault from all those years of him guessing what mood I’m in, you think he would have gotten good at it by now!. Nevertheless, I guess you could say he was a little good looking. I’ve had to put up with him for so long I barely notice much about him. His dirty blonde hair is normally brushed to one side of his face but today it was stuck to his forehead after the fifty-mile run to catch up with me. I didn’t stick around in that class, Nick or no Nick. His freckled nose was inches from mine, bringing me to a halt.
“Well!?”
I sighed, stepping around him.
“Well you know there’s nothing like pissing a teacher off to brighten up your day.” I said smiling, though it felt false and plastered on because I knew the real reason would never surface.
“Rosanna Jane Mackenzie don’t you tell me such cheap bull-crap!”
I winced, I hate that he knows my full name. I said nothing, just picking up my pace. Perfect timing, well as perfect as a school bell could be. It gives new meaning to ‘saved by the bell’.
“Damn, see you after Chem.!”  He called sprinting in the other direction. He was soon accompanied by his swooning geek girl gang. I rolled my eyes; sometimes the geek girls inflate his ego so much I have to deflate it. He asks for it. I wandered off in no particular direction, wondering what to do with my free period.



© 2009 Lissette


Author's Note

Lissette
Um once again here's another chapter...hope it's getting better :D be gentle

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on February 7, 2009


Author

Lissette
Lissette

Auckland, New Zealand



About
Hmmm...where to start. I feel in the mood to list...lets make some lists... Name: Sophie (no it's not short for Sophia) Age: wouldn't you like to know :P Height: ...lets just say I'm vertically c.. more..

Writing