Chapter One: Lost

Chapter One: Lost

A Chapter by Lissette
"

The first chapter of my story. It is really short but hopefully good.

"

                                                     CHAPTER ONE:

I felt as though I were drifting between worlds, except they were not worlds they were countries separated by a mass of ocean, and I didn't belong to either. I stared down at my cold clammy feet, turning yellow in the newly changed temperature of this old, yet unfamiliar land. The first of the water beads began beating their heat down on me until I was warmed all through. It seemed centuries before I could feel my toes again. I wiggled them to make sure they were still attached, then turned and faced the shower, sopping my already wet crop of ever darkening hair.
"Rose, get out of the shower you'll be late for school" called Mum in a singsong voice.
"I’m washing my hair" I called back, extracting my old conditioner from a tall shower shelf. Instead of using it however, I placed it back on a lower shelf, standing back to let the showers jet encase me once again.
"Rosanna!" barked Mum, a sharper tone now more evident.
"I’ll be done when I’m done," I said more quietly, so as not to let Mum hear me. This was my favourite quote from a book I am recently reading. It is an amazing book about time freezing gnomes, so very fictional, but still a good read. I clambered out of the shower, cocooning myself in a massive towel, hating how this day had started already. Then I did something I rarely did, I looked on the bright side.
"The day will come to an end as soon as it came to a beginning." I recited over to myself.



© 2009 Lissette


Author's Note

Lissette
What do you think? I still don't completely love the name but I can't think of another name. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

LOL, I didn't realize that she was in the shower until you said it. I was thinking of a waterfall, a beach... Good imagery.

Maybe you could call it Drifting or Out to Sea because her mind was wandering a bit. I dunno, sorry...

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
1 Review
Added on January 29, 2009


Author

Lissette
Lissette

Auckland, New Zealand



About
Hmmm...where to start. I feel in the mood to list...lets make some lists... Name: Sophie (no it's not short for Sophia) Age: wouldn't you like to know :P Height: ...lets just say I'm vertically c.. more..

Writing