Chapter 2 The New Freak in Town

Chapter 2 The New Freak in Town

A Chapter by KLH
"

The new student makes himself known

"

Scarlet sat in the back right hand corner of Mrs. Grace's class, head buried in her book like everyone else. It was independent reading time for the first 30 minutes of class like always. After about five minutes of silence and the sound of pages being flipped she herd the doorknob turn and about every head in the class came up from their books and looked to see who it was.

          When Scarlet looked up she saw a tall guy, he had to be like 6'. He had long black hair that had to be about shoulder length if not a bit longer, big crystal clear blue eyes. He wore black combat boots just like Scarlet's, tattered and torn dark blue jeans and a t-shirt that had ‘FIN’ written across the front in letters that looked like they were dripping blood. His black backpack hung over his shoulder with buttons all over that said funny things like 'I Bite' and 'Vampires Suck'.

          Mrs. Grace stood up and walked over to the boy “Well...you must be the new student they were telling me about, Damon Rue? Correct?”

          “Yes that would be me” he said in a thick accent and small smile. He handed Mrs. Grace a late slip.

“Pardon me for being late, I did not get a chance to finish the tour of the school and had some difficulty finding the class” Mrs. Grace looked him up and down.

“Hmmm, well I guess that is understandable just don't let it happen again” she grabbed a clipboard off her desk and flipped through some pages until coming to the seating chart “It seems there is only one empty desk left and that would be next to Miss. Caster, Miss. Caster would you please raise your hand”

Damon probably expected to see a pink French manicure hand rise up and reveal a nicely tan blond girl sitting there smacking her gum but he was sure in for a surprise.

          Instead he saw Scarlet's pale skin hand with black chipped nails rise. Her short red hair barley peeking out over the rows of students, big emerald green eyes buried in her book. Scarlet had on black combat boots, black torn skinny jeans and a grey shirt with a Metallica logo on it.

          Damon made his way to his seat trying not to distract the class from their books, he sat down and pulled out a book titled 'poetry for the corrupted soul'. After 10 minutes passed Vice Principle Mrs. Alders walked in. Whispered something to Mrs. Grace and then left.

“O.K class I have to step out for a moment so I will be leaving the T.A in charge, at this point I would like you all to pull out a sheet of paper and do your book review on what you read” and with that she left

After she left the class erupted in chatter. Rose who sat in front of Scarlet passed a note back. Scarlet took the crumpled piece of paper and opened it, the note read 'Can you believe that is the new kid! And he’s sitting right next to you!'  Scarlet wrote something down and passed it back to Rose, who read 'I know! Who would have thought B.H.S would get someone like him? I was for sure he was going to be another jock or something'. The note was soon passed to Luna who passed it back to Rose then to Scarlet and so on.

          Scarlet was so busy passing notes back and forth she hadn't noticed that Talon and Salem had started up a conversation with Damon. She glanced over to them and noticed that Damon had a tattoo of some kind on the inside of both of his wrists. It looked like a cross. She quickly looked away as Talon noticed her watching them. He smirked as the three started talking again.

          As the last bell of the day rang Scarlet gathered her things and headed to her locker. She opened it and stuffed her books and assignments into her backpack, she shut her locker and turned towards detention hall but was stopped right in her tracks as she collided with a very tall very hard object, Scarlet fell to the ground, papers falling out of her bag, she looked up to see wide blue eyes looking down at her

          “Oh my god, I am so sorry I did not see you there I should have been watching where I was going” Damon said extending his hand to her. “We sit next to each other in L.A and S.S don't we? Um Scarlet right” she nodded while gathering up her stuff. She grabbed his hand and was pulled up like a feather.

“W-Well thanks, bye” Scarlet said awkwardly as she shot passed him and straight for detention hall, leaving Damon puzzled.


© 2016 KLH


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on February 4, 2016
Last Updated on February 4, 2016
Tags: Short story, fantasy, celestials


Author

KLH
KLH

Seattle, WA



About
Hello, my name is Kayla Lovell Hitchcock. I am a young, passionate artist. I do what I want and love doing it. An Earth without Art would just be Eh. "You have to be odd to be number one" - Dr... more..

Writing
A writer's life A writer's life

A Poem by KLH


My Place My Place

A Poem by KLH


To Define Tired To Define Tired

A Poem by KLH