Chapter 8 A Morning Twist

Chapter 8 A Morning Twist

A Chapter by KLH
"

Scarlet finds herself becoming closer to Damon.

"

Scarlet awoke the next morning to the sound of water running, slowly opening her eyes and sitting up she blinked a few time to get the dust out of her eyes. She turned to her left and looked at the clock on the night stand 5:00 AM flashed red, she then turned to her right and saw Nova lying next to her, she smiled 'He looks so sweet' she thought to herself. Scarlet heard the shower stop, quickly laying back down, she shut her eyes, not sure if she wanted to see Damon so…exposed.

The bathroom door opened, soon followed by Damon. Scarlet could hear him rummaging through the drawers and the sound of clothes being thrown around and onto the floor, he then walked back to the bathroom and shut the door. Scarlet decided to get a few more minutes of sleep, so she cuddled up with Nova who in turn nuzzled her.

After about five minutes Damon stepped back out of the bathroom, she could hear his footsteps getting closer and closer to the bed side. Scarlet’s heart skipped a beat as she felt him rub her back.

“Scarlet, time to wake up remember I got to get you home so you can have time to get ready for school” he said in a soft tone. Scarlet rolled over to face him and slowly opened her eyes, she gazed at him in awe. He wore his combat boots, red and black skinny jeans, studded belt, and a black Misfits t-shirt. Damon smiled at her and in return she smiled back and sat up.

“Good morning Scarlet, did you sleep well?” but before she could answer him, he pulled her into a hug. Scarlet could have sworn her heart stopped all together, she slowly wrapped her arms around his neck and just went with it, after Damon released the hug he stood up “Ready to go?”

“Yeah but first I have to do something”

“What?”

Scarlet rolled over and gave Nova a huge hug, Damon just laughed and wrapped his arms around her waist and plucked her from the sleeping lion “I'm sure you'll see him again soon” he said with a smile.

When they made it downstairs they were greeted by Hank “Good morning Sir” said Hank “and good morning Miss Scarlet, I hope you slept well?”

“Like a rock” she chuckled.

“Good to know, Sir here is your backpack” the butler said with a smile as he handed Damon his bag.

“Thank you Hank, we’ll catch you later”

“Of cores sir, I hope to see you some time again Miss Scarlet”

“Like wise Hank” she said with a smile as they headed out the door.

After Scarlet told Damon where she lived they were up in the sky and about 30 minutes later they landed in Scarlet's back yard. Damon made his transformation into his human form, which made Scarlet smile.

        “Well this is where I live” she said as she dug around her backpack for her keys, she unlocked the back door and headed in with Damon right behind her. Scarlet showed Damon around her house, it was a 3 bed 2 bath with one bedroom converted into a home office. Downstairs had the kitchen, laundry room, Livingroom, one bathroom and a den. Upstairs to the left was her mom and dad’s room and home office. Scarlet's bedroom was to the right. Her door had a few punch holes in it, with some caution tape and a bio hazard sign on the door with a sign below that that said 'No, go away'

“I take it this is your room” Damon said with a smirk

“How ever did you know?” the two laughed as Scarlet opened the door.

'Scarlet's room is amazing' thought Damon as he looked around. The walls were black and covered in posters, drawings, and a few paintings, she had a round bed that sat in the corner under windows. It had a black frame with a few stickers on it, her bedding was black and red trim with skull and cross bones, the bed had five black with red trim pillows on it with the center pillow sporting a skull. The floor was covered in clothes that she started to pick up and stuff in an already loaded laundry bin, the carpet was red, across from her bed against the wall was her dresser, it had monster and venom energy drink snickers all over it with a small old T.V sitting on top. She had a bookshelf filled with books and a desk sat in the far corner on the other side of the room.

“Well, make yourself at home look around if you want I'm going to go take a shower” Scarlet said as she grabbed a few things out of her dresser, Damon nodded as he was looking over the drawings on her wall.

About ten minutes passed and Scarlet walked back in, Damon was sitting on her bed looking through one of her sketch books. Damon looked up at her, she was wearing her black combat boots, grey skinny jeans with a studded belt, and a black long sleeved turtle neck. Her lips were full black, and her eyeliner was nice and neat with full eyelashes. She had black hoops with two black onyx studs right above them and black rings in her cartilage, the only color was her hair that was slightly damp 'She looks beautiful' he thought as he closed the sketch pad and placed it on the bed. “Well now what?” Damon asked as he stood up.

“Chores”

“Chores?”

“Chores” Scarlet said with a nod and grabbed her overloaded laundry bin “Every morning before I leave for school, I do the laundry, wash the dishes, and feed Stud, then let him out to use the bathroom”

“Stud?” as if on que a Rottweiler pup with a spiked collar came barking into Scarlet's room sniffing and growling at Damon, attempting to appear threatening.

“Damon I'd like you to meet my pup Stud” Scarlet said with a smile

“Awe he's cute” Damon said bending down to pet him, Stud calmed down once he realized Damon was of no threat.

“Come on Stud” Scarlet said walking out of her room and into her parents room, she sighed “How am I going to do this without making two trips” she said as she set down her laundry bin, her parents always had separate laundry bins so nothing would get mixed up.

 

        “I can carry your parent’s laundry for you” Damon said from the hall.

“Really? Thanks” Scarlet said as she walked over and dragged her parent’s bins out of the room to Damon who picked both up with ease.

“What are friends for” he said with a smile and wink as him, Scarlet, and Stud made their way down the stairs.

 

Scarlet got the laundry going and headed to the kitchen to make up Stud's breakfast, she sat it down for him to eat. Damon sat at the table and watched Scarlet, who was reaching for a bowl, she grabbed one and sat it on the counter and then turned to Damon “Want some breakfast?” she asked.

“Sure why not” he said with a smile as Scarlet got another bowl down. She then headed to the pantry and came back with a box of fruit loops and poured two bowls, she returned the box to the pantry, and poured some milk in both bowls, garbed the spoons and headed for the table. “Here you go” she said handing him his bowl and the turned on a small T.V on the counter, she flipped through the channels and found her favorite show to watch at 7 in the morning. 100 ways to die. She always watched it when she ate her breakfast.

She and Damon sat there eating and watching T.V, laughing at something, commenting on how stupid something was, or just plain making fun of it. After the show was over Scarlet started on the dishes, she finished and headed for the laundry room, Damon pitched in and helped fold clothes, each person had separate baskets, her dad’s was blue, her mom's pink, and you guessed it Scarlet's was black, she put Stud outside and waited for him to do his business, she then cleaned it up and put him back in, before the two was about to leave, Scarlet left a note about the laundry and was standing by the door.

“Hey, thanks for everything” Scarlet said smiling up at Damon’s big blue eyes.

“It was nothing” Damon said with a smile putting his arm around her, bringing her into a side hug “I can see why you are always late in the mornings” he laughed, Scarlet let out a small giggle as well. Scarlet blushed when Damon’s arm didn’t let go as the two headed out the door and on their way to school.


© 2016 KLH


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
Added on February 4, 2016
Last Updated on February 4, 2016
Tags: Short story, Fantasy, Celestial, Demon


Author

KLH
KLH

Seattle, WA



About
Hello, my name is Kayla Lovell Hitchcock. I am a young, passionate artist. I do what I want and love doing it. An Earth without Art would just be Eh. "You have to be odd to be number one" - Dr... more..

Writing
A writer's life A writer's life

A Poem by KLH


My Place My Place

A Poem by KLH


To Define Tired To Define Tired

A Poem by KLH