Chapter 7 Lion Around

Chapter 7 Lion Around

A Chapter by KLH
"

Scarlet meets a strange new friend.

"

“Nova? Where are you?” Damon called out,

“Masters Damon and Coal is there something I could assist you with?” a voice asked. The two boys turned around and upon expectation Scarlet saw a tall thin man who had to be only a bit taller than Coal, he had pale skin and looked to be in his late 40's early 50's, his hair was dirty blond with some gray in there. He looked completely human except for his height of coarse that is until Scarlet noticed a somewhat fluffy tail swinging back and forth and he had cat eyes!

“Um! Uh, Hank!” Damon said trying to hide Scarlet but failed “we were just looking for Nova” he said.

“Hmm, is that so” Hank said bending down “You must be Miss Scarlet?” the old man said with a smile

“Y-yes that’s me sir it’s nice to meet you uh-?”

“Hank, Hank Oddity I am the young Masters’ butler” hank said standing “You were bound to slip up eventually Master Damon, we talked about this” 

“I know Hank” Damon paused looking down at Scarlet “I was enjoying myself in Scarlet’s company and lost track of the time and”

“Master Damon I can clearly see you trust this young girl, it would appear your brother agrees, and I know your Father has instructed me to follow his strict rules. But your Father is back home in Romania, and we are not” Hank said as he exited the room “Oh and Master Nova is in the library”.

The three headed to the library. They made their way through the double doors of the large library and Damon called out once more “Nova! You in here?”

“Damon? Where the hell you been? I've been looking all over for you guys” someone called down from the second floor.

“Nova get down here; I have someone you need to meet!” Damon said as him and Coal sat down on a sofa that sat in front of a crackling fire, there was enough room for Scarlet to sit in between the two. “Scarlet I'd like you to meet our friend Nova” Scarlet's eye's almost popped out of here head when she saw a very huge, very scary looking lion making its way down the stairs. “Nova this is Scarlet she's a friend from school”.

Scarlet got down from the couch, the lion known as Nova had a very thick black main, with tan body fur, and his eyes were just like Scarlet's! Big green emeralds! He had two scars across his left eye and a few nicks in his ears. Nova locked eyes with Scarlet and slowly put his head down to her eye level, he then started to sniff her which made Scarlet flinch a bit. He lifted his head back up to look at Damon

“We can trust her my friend” Nova said as Damon rubbed his head “I know we can” he said with a smile as Scarlet sat down as well. Nova walked around Scarlet a few times before he flopped down next to her.

 

        After an hour of socializing with the three Scarlet started to doze off, Nova noticed and let her rest against him “Damon, I think it is time for bed” Nova said in a soft voice, as not to wake her. “I guess your right” Damon said as he got up and picked Scarlet up in his arms. Damon made his way up the stairs and to his room, as gently as he could he sat Scarlet on his bed with Nova keeping her warm until he got back from the bathroom. When Damon returned Nova made his way to the foot of the bed and lied down, Damon carefully lied down and made sure he was in a good spot, leaving enough room for Scarlet as well. He then slowly rapped an arm around her and hugged her close to him for warmth, Damon jumped at the feeling of her snuggling close to him and blushed, he then bent his head down and snuggled her back giving a soft kiss on the top of her head.

Nova broke the sweet moment between Damon and the sleeping Scarlet, “You really do care about her huh? Damon you don't suppose she's, you know” he cut himself off as Damon kept his gaze on Scarlet “Nova. She is the one, I know it I can feel the connection between us already forming and becoming so strong. I can feel her emotions, her feelings and I'm sure she can feel mine as well...Nova she does not flinch when I touch her, she does not scream when I come near her and most of all, back in the woods when she saw me like this...she willingly came up to me.... Scarlet…Scarlet is my other half Nova…” he said as he hugged her close “and I will do anything in my power to keep her safe”.

Nova looked Damon over “Damon...you do know what dangers are ahead if you wish to do so...”

Damon gazed at Scarlet “It’s been hundreds of years since the last successful celestial-human connection, not to mention her potential is still lying dormant, I know this already, and if she is the one then the council will send many trials to test us”.

 “If you do manage to keep that bond strong then...they will come and demand that you present her to them...”

  Damon looked upon Scarlet, he couldn't help but feel a pain in his heart at what he was getting her into.



© 2016 KLH


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
Added on February 4, 2016
Last Updated on February 4, 2016
Tags: Fantasy, Short story, Demon, Celestial


Author

KLH
KLH

Seattle, WA



About
Hello, my name is Kayla Lovell Hitchcock. I am a young, passionate artist. I do what I want and love doing it. An Earth without Art would just be Eh. "You have to be odd to be number one" - Dr... more..

Writing
A writer's life A writer's life

A Poem by KLH


My Place My Place

A Poem by KLH


To Define Tired To Define Tired

A Poem by KLH