Prolouge

Prolouge

A Chapter by Kryptonite120613

Prologue

 

“Shaun stop” I shouted. He was being an annoying a*s again. He laughed

“Make me” he said teasingly. I looked at him and glared. He laughed harder. I shoved him away and he came over and wrapped his arms around me. All of a sudden my heart was in my throat. I didn’t know what to do. I shoved him off of me and ran onto the path leading to a clearing in the woods. He started running after me and caught up to me and tackled me into the clearing. I rolled over so I wasn’t inhaling dirt and there he was right in front of my face, his nose against mine, his mud brown eyes staring into mine. I felt my face turn red. He rubbed his thumb against my cheek leaned in and kissed me. That’s not what surprised me though. What surprised me was I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back. I had never thought of Shaun like that. He had been my best friend sense fourth grade. He pulled away realizing what had just happened and his face turned bright red as he stood up. He started pacing around the little clearing we were in. I stayed lying there looking up at the green leaves of the trees, listening to the birds sing to each other, listening to Shaun pace. I slowly stood up got slightly dizzy and started to lose my balance, and he was there and caught me as I started to fall.

“Thanks” I said shyly.

“Yeah” He said emotionless. I knew this was a lot for him. It was for me too.

“Shaun…” I said slowly he looked at me.

“What?” He almost snapped. I backed away from him slightly. He looked down.

“I’m sorry” He said. I shook my head.

“Never mind.” I turned to the path I had ran down before and started down it. I heard his pacing stop.

“Jess!” He called, but I just kept walking. Tears strolled down my cheek as I silently accepted that what had just happened was a mistake, and both of us knew it. I started to look back and instantly turned my head forward as I heard footsteps behind me. I didn’t slow or even stop until he grabbed my hand and turned me around. He had tears in his eyes too. He wiped away a tear that slid down my cheek then held my hands. I looked into his eyes. They shined in the sun light that was streaming through the tree branches. My heart started to flutter. I wiped a tear from his face. We both knew what was coming. He pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead. I started crying coming to the conclusion this was good bye. He rubbed my back and let me cry. I looked up at him and kissed him. Not any gentle kiss I crushed my lips against his. He wrapped his arms around my waste and kissed me back.  I pulled away before things went any further because I knew it would make this hurt more. We stared into each other’s eyes I kissed his cheek slowly slid my hands from his and turned and walked away. Tears started to gush from my eyes. It hurt more when I didn’t hear him follow me. I started to run, and I didn’t stop until I was in my yard. I collapsed onto the green plush grass and continued to cry.

“Jessica?” I heard. I looked up, it was Steven. A friend I had made this year. Everybody knew he had a crush on me so it wasn’t a surprise to find him here. He came over and sat next to me and put his arm around my shoulders. Normally I would shrug him off but at the moment I didn’t care. I finally stopped crying and he bombarded me with questions. I told him what happened and as I told him about mine and Shaun’s kiss I could see the hurt in his eyes. By the end of the story I was back in his arms tears falling again. I slowly came to a stop and looked up at him. He kissed my lips gently taking me by surprise.

“How about you go inside and I’ll go get a movie and some chocolate?” He asked I looked into his icy blue eyes and then looked at his lips processing what had just happened.

“Uh sure” I said he smiled and helped me up. I walked up the stairs into my house. I heard his car engine start and watched him drive off knowing he would be back.

“Jessica is that you?” My mom’s voice piped up from the kitchen.

“Yes mom, hey mom Steven is going to be coming over in a little while we will be in the living room watching movies.” I said slowly realizing that I had a date in just a few moments.

“Okay honey” She responded but I was already flying up the stairs to change out of my dirt covered and grass stained clothes.



© 2013 Kryptonite120613


Author's Note

Kryptonite120613
Fix any grammar or spelling in the comments.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hey Meaghan! It's Rachel Sykes. I saw you post this and decided to try out this website (though I haven't written anything in a while). This is very good and I hope you write more :-)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
1 Review
Added on January 28, 2013
Last Updated on January 28, 2013


Author

Kryptonite120613
Kryptonite120613

About
My name is Meaghan I just got married and have not been on in forever. Please add my other profile as that will be the one I am logging on in. Thank you! more..

Writing