It's lost

It's lost

A Chapter by Cy!
"

...

"
"What are you looking for again?"
Penn is ducking under the table in the kitchen, spreading out her hands to feel for something. When she sees that there seems to be nothing there, she moves on to the couch.
"I told you," Penn says. "Grandpa left it. It was his compass."
While Penn was fussing about, Adira was making artificial coffee in a machine. She yawns.  "What compuss?"
"It's called a compass,"

Adira shrugs, pouring the arti-coffee into her mug.  "Grandpa never gave you a compass. Why would he give you a compass? Compasses work by being attracted to different magnetic poles. You won't get the same magnetic pull here."
Penn now walking to the kitchen, groans in defeat. "I can't find it anywhere! Ad' can you help me?"
Adira watches Penns pleading puppy eyes, while sipping here coffee thoughtfully.  Penn didn't want her to help her by looking throughout the house they were in. She wanted her to look in her room, or permission to enter. It was the only other place that Penn hasn't looked.  
Removing the mug from her lips, Adira nods. "Go ahead, then. I doubt though it would be in there Penn."
Ignoring Adiras words Penn ran off into Adiras room, russling through her things.
"You better not be messing up my room!" Adira calls from the kitchen.
A while late, Penn came out sitting at the table in the kitchen. 
"Well?"
Penn glares at Adira. 
"Well, what?" 
Unfazed Adira pours her coffee out into the sink.  "Did you find find it?"
"No, I did not find it."
"Penn."
"What?"
Adira places a gold colored, circular, object on the table in front of Penn. Recognizing the object, Penn's eyes widen.
"Where did you-?"
"You left it when we were leaving the Station. A guard could have caught you."
Penn shrinks at the thought of what could have happened. On this planet, things from earth were forbidden. You were not allowed to possess them. This was to make sure that people didn't develop the longing for earth.
The punishments for breaking this law were servere. And broken laws were not taken lightly. Adira worried for Penn, who was only eight years old and would soon come to be all alone in this empty place of there's that they called home.
Penn, being the eight year old she was, cried. In relief, yet in sadness. Holding Penn, and tucking her head under her chin Adira rubbed her back in small, slow, circles.
Today was her last day here with Penn. But, she liked to think that they would soon find each other again.



© 2017 Cy!


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Nicely penned.

The dialogue flowed really nicely - it didnt feel forced at all. The way in which you described Penn looking for the compass was very brief BUT yet it was easy on the eye - and thats what readers like to read.

Nice - very nice.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Cy!

7 Years Ago

well, when i say finished. I meant only for this chapter. I'm working on the next one now
matrixmark

7 Years Ago

Thats what i thought. Sorry...my bad for not explaining myself better.

Mark
Cy!

7 Years Ago

thats okie ^^



Reviews

I cant understand why adira is leaving her house

Posted 4 Years Ago


Wow this was a nice read. My jaw honestly dropped when I realized they were on another planet. It feels like there should be a continuation of this. I hope so because I definitely want to know more about Penn and Adria.
But seriously, I loved it :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cy!

7 Years Ago

Yes there are more chapters. And thank you, I just never finished the chapter, but now I did.
Tashida

7 Years Ago

Oh ok great! I can't wait to read the rest of it and you are welcome :)
Nicely penned.

The dialogue flowed really nicely - it didnt feel forced at all. The way in which you described Penn looking for the compass was very brief BUT yet it was easy on the eye - and thats what readers like to read.

Nice - very nice.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Cy!

7 Years Ago

well, when i say finished. I meant only for this chapter. I'm working on the next one now
matrixmark

7 Years Ago

Thats what i thought. Sorry...my bad for not explaining myself better.

Mark
Cy!

7 Years Ago

thats okie ^^

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

234 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 12, 2017
Last Updated on February 3, 2017


Author

Cy!
Cy!

Albany, NY



About
hi i like reading, writing, video games, drawing holy crap i made this account a long time ago about time i change my bio? I have decided to move my writing to different website, but i also reme.. more..

Writing
Figuring it out Figuring it out

A Story by Cy!


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Cy!


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Cy!