Chapter 1- Love is care

Chapter 1- Love is care

A Chapter by Rebecca

It wasn't a windy night tonight.  It was April after all.  Couples were coming and going over that bridge of Seine but there was a young man, who was walking alone.  He wasn't always like that.  He used to have girlfriends before but they wouldn't stay with him even thought he was a rather eminent violinist.  That man dressed in a black suit with matching shoes and matching trousers was no other than Gaspard Allard and as always in his red suit with a loose golden tie.

Seeing all these couples made him feel lonely and made him feel bad.  He was jealous but his envy had made many women abandon him.  All he asked for was their loyal love to him, but if they were talking to another man and smiling, he would jump in and start a fight.  The black haired man kept walking and at some point he rubbed his unshaven chin.

“Here I am in the City of Love and yet I'm all alone.” he said and kicked the air.  He kept walking and at some point he noticed a locket.  He opened it and looked into it.  It was the face of a woman.

“Oh how I wish I could find a loyal woman !” he sighed and that moment the moon got bright enough to blind him but that was only for a glimpse.

Suddenly close to where he was standing, he noticed some items.  It was a die indicating number 5, a doll and a map indicating the Opera.  Gaspard gaped his mouth.

“I...I...I have to go to the Opera.” he said and started running.

Soon enough Gaspard was facing the Opera house and he pushed the glass door open.

“Five...five.  Five what ?” Gaspard asked himself.  The lights in the room shone brighter for a second.

“The fifth violin.  MY violin.” he said and rushed to the room in which, the musical instruments were stored.

Gaspard ran to that room and noticed a naked woman with sound holes (but weren't actual holes) on her.  She turned around to see where the sound of steps was coming from.  With an innocent smile she grinned at him.  Gaspard started counting the violins.

“One, two, three, four...five ?  Where's five ?  You must be five” he spoke his thoughts.

“My name is Lune. I don't know your name.  Pleased to meet my first human.” said Lune and gave him another innocent smile.  Gaspard smirked awkwardly to the fine, blond woman.

“So my wish came true.  You will...you will...you will love me ?” asked Gaspard and blushed.

“Love you ?  What does love mean ?” asked Lune with a curious yet innocent expression.

“Ah, you are...a violin woman that...came from the moon.  I'll teach you what love is just promise me this.  You will be faithful to me, do you agree ?” asked Gaspard and offered his hand to her.

“What am I supposed to do with that ?” asked Lune.  “Is this what love is ?” she asked again.

“No, that's just how we confirm a deal.” said Gaspard with an irresistible grin.  “You are supposed to shake it.” said Gaspard and Lune grabbed his wrist and started shaking his hand.

“You are supposed to place your hand onto the soft side  of my hand and hold it then you shake it.” explained Gaspard and Lune did as he dictated.

“Now to find you an outfit.  You can't walk around naked.” he said with a naughty smirk on his lips and shook his head but he didn't complain.  Teaching a violin-girl how to be a human was fun.

Soon enough Gaspard lead the way to the wardrobe of the Opera.  All kind of clothes could be find there.  Ancient Greek, Medieval, Renaissance, Victorian and more modern clothes.

“Pick whichever you like.” said Gaspard plainly.

“I like my appearance the way it is.” said Lune with a giggle.

“Yes, but if you walk around like that I'll get in trouble.” said Gaspard and showered her a flapper dress.  “What do you think of this ?” he asked, but Lune picked a plain white one with embedded rhinestones.

“What do you think of this ?” asked Lune cheerfully.

“I think it's cute.” said Gaspard and caressed her soft hair.  With that Lune wore it and Gaspard brought her a pair of matching white peep-toes.

“So to start the first lesson of love, I'll take you to a restaurant.  What do you think ?” asked Gaspard with a pleased smile.

“I'm not hungry.” replied Lune.

“Hmm, what would you say if we were going for a coffee ?” asked Gaspard smiling again.  “Nevermind, it's night.  You won't be able to sleep tonight.” said Gaspard and tried to think of a place to go.

“What would you say if we were going to a cabaret ?” asked Gaspard but Lune shook her head negatively.

“Ok, so where do you want to go ?” he asked.

“Let's go for a walk.” she said and just as she pleased, the both of them walked out of the Opera and  towards the bridge on which, Gaspard made his wish.  But at the moment the weather was bad, the wind was blowing and it started raining.

“I'm cold.” Lune complained with a heartbreaking expression.

“Here; have my suit.” said Gaspard and took off his suit and placed it on her shoulders gently.  Lune rose it and covered her head under it.  Lune looked curiously at Gaspard.

“Why did you give me your suit ?” asked Lune curiously.  She was understanding this gesture.

“I care for you and I don't want you to catch a cold.” said Gaspard and sneezed.

“Is it love ?” asked Lune not understanding why someone would give his clothes to her.

“President Gordon B. Hinckley once said : “True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is of anxious concern for the well-being of one's companion.”  We can relate to this at the moment.  Sounds fulfilling enough ?” asked Gaspard and grinned to her, Lune grinned back.

“Oh so to care and to love are similar things ?” asked Lune and snapped her fingers as if she has succeeded to understand what love is.

“To be honest love is many things.  One of these things is care.” said Gaspard.

With that the two of them walked past the bridge and close to his car.  He opened the co-driver's door for Lune to get in and then closed it.  He walked to the driver's door and got it.

“You will spend your night in my house.  Are you ok with that ?  We will sleep in separate beds.  I don't want you to feel uncomfortable with me.” explained Gaspard with a smile and his eyes on the road and Lune nodded.  The two of them drove into the night towards his house.

“Love lesson number 1, love is care.” thought Lune and thought how happy she was to be with a man that cared about her.


© 2015 Rebecca


Author's Note

Rebecca
Please constructive criticism only (will be used in my future stories).

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on December 25, 2015
Last Updated on December 25, 2015
Tags: romance, Paris, violin, opera, Gaspard, Allard, Lune


Author

Rebecca
Rebecca

Athens, Attica, Greece



About
Hello, I'm Revekka :) I moved from deviantart to this lovely site, simply because the site was beyond annoying including the community. I'm sure I will enjoy my stay here. more..

Writing