Chapter 5-Love is selfless

Chapter 5-Love is selfless

A Chapter by Rebecca

Gaspard was holding Lune in her violin form on his hand and was quickly climbing down the stairs of the Opera.  He could feel that she was tired or that she wanted to tell him something as she was trembling in her violin form.

“Please have some patience.” sighed Gaspard in a low voice and walked to his car.  When they were near he placed her on the co-driver's seat and closed the door, then he walked to the driver's seat and  ignited the engine.  He was driving himself and Lune home.  He was a busy man and he had no time to cook, and he was keeping Lune busy too.

“You can turn into your human form now.” he said and smiled, not talking his eyes off the street.  Lune turned into her human form as he said.  “Do you feel hungry ?” he asked. With his one hand he got his wallet from the inner pocket of his suit and gave it to Lune.  “Look for some money.  I'll stop at a boulangerie to get some croissants.” he said still looking at the street.  Lune giggled and did as he said.

Eventually the two of them stopped and got off the car walking in the bakery.  2 men followed them.

“I'm gonna bite you instead.  Rawr.” said Gaspard teasingly and bit her shoulder playfully.

“Shh !  They are looking at us.” said Lune, who blushed with his strange behavior.  The two of them walked in the bakery.  “You know...I'd like some green apples and peaches, if you don't mind.” she said and grinned to her lover.  Gaspard nodded and wrapped an arm around her waist.

“Bonjour, what would you like ?” asked the woman behind the counter.

“Peaches ?” asked Lune and Gaspard lowered his look as he bit his lip in disappointment.  He pulled her hand down softly.  “What is it ?  What's wrong ?” asked Lune curiously.

“Um...mademoiselle, this is a bakery and that means that we don't sell fruits.” said the cashier behind the counter.

“I'm so sorry.” said Lune and bit her own lips.  Gaspard looked up and nodded his head at Lune.

“Don't worry.  I'd like four croissants.” said Gaspard and with looked at Lune with the edges of his eyes.

The woman got some croissants from a tray on which they were on display and placed them in a small, paper bag.

“How much is it ?” asked the cashier.  A little later she gaped her mouth.

“What's wrong ?” asked Gaspard curiously.  “I'm not that famous.” he said and offered a grin.  Lune looked at him and grinned.  Gaspard returned the look, but with the edge of his eyes he looked back and noticed a gun held against Lune and one against himself.

“What's going on ?  What do you want ?” asked Gaspard to the men with the guns.

“You're the famous violinist, Gaspard Allard.  I like your Porsche and I think I will get it.  The car keys and your wallet !” he ordered.

“It's MY car and you can't have it.  Buzz off or I will get violent.” said Gaspard, who didn't seem to be kidding.  The man pulled the safety pin of the gun.

“Stop playing hard to get and give me the keys and the money.” said the man dressed in black.

Gaspard closed his fist and was about to attack them.  Lune noticed that the second man was ready to shoot and jumped in front of Gaspard to protect him.  She was pushed back and onto Gaspard as she was shot in the chest.  Gaspard felt the dimming of the lights and noticed that Lune had fainted.  As she was falling from his chest to the floor.  He noticed a trail of a glowing, white liquid had stained his clothes.

“Is that Lune's blood ?” he wondered and gently put Lune on the floor as he knelt by her side.  He got up and approached the one that shot at her.

“Do you have an idea of what you have just done ?” asked Gaspard mad.  He grabbed the man by his collar and the other man was just aiming at Gaspard, but he was shaking.

“Oh s**t, man !  Killing her was not a part of the plan.  I'm out of this.” he said and abandoned the gun on the floor of the bakery as he was running out.

“Get back here !” yelled the man that shot Lune.  Gaspard pushed them man on the wall of the bakery.

“Shut up, or I will make you choke on your teeth !” yelled Gaspard, who was burning with fury.  The lights shone but Gaspard wasn't seeing them.

“Gaspard, let him go !” said Lune.  Gaspard was surprised to hear her voice and looked around.  She was on her feet and there was no mark of the wound.

“Did you turn into a ghost ?” he asked with goggled eyes.

“No, I just healed myself...It's a complicated.  I can't really explain it.” said Lune with a smile.

“You gave your life for me.” said Gaspard, who was on the verge to cry, but fury was still burning in him.

“Because I love you !” said Lune and Gaspard loosened the grip on the other guy, who punched Gaspard's nose.  Gaspard let go off the man and covered his bleeding nose with his hands.

“That b*****d !” said Gaspard angrily and pressed his nose so that it would stop bleeding.  Lune approached him and touched his nose.  The lights were blinding for a few seconds and soon enough Gaspard couldn't feel any pain or blood lost.  “Are you sure that you are alright ?” asked Gaspard.

“I'm fine.  Let's get out of here.” said Lune with a tired sigh.

The two of them walked out of the bakery, tired but not wounded.  He got Lune in the car and then he went in the driver's seat.

“I didn't want to lose you and since I cannot die, I decided to be wounded instead.  I hope you don't mind.” said Lune and bit her lips.  Gaspard goggled his eyes and turned to face her.

“You mean this ?  Do you really mean this ?  The “I hope you don't mind.” part ?” asked Gaspard confused.

“Ye..yes.” stuttered Lune.

“Of course I don't mind.  Don't say that anywhere else.  Just don't be risky again.  If you were a woman like the ones out there, you'd probably be dead now...and I don't deserve to be treated this nicely.” said Gaspard at Lune, he was still mad.  Lune was silent.

“I'd also go through hell to get you back.  Because I love you.” he said and looked deep into her eyes.

“We share the same motive.” said Lune and giggled that made Gaspard give her a smile.  He stretched his neck so that he'd reach her lips.  Lune closed her eyes and placed her lips on his.  She caressed his unshaven face and then let him go with a small kissing sound.

“That wasn't the kind of kiss I was expecting, but you will learn everything about love in due time.” said Gaspard as he pulled back and started the engine of the car.  Lune giggled and he looked at her with the corner of his eye.

“I'm still hungry, you know.” complained Lune and Gaspard heard a noise coming from her stomach.

“Alright, alright.  I will head to a restaurant.  Just give me some time.” said Gaspard with a chuckle and sped off to the distance.



© 2015 Rebecca


Author's Note

Rebecca
Constructive criticism only please (will be used in future stories).

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on December 25, 2015
Last Updated on December 25, 2015
Tags: romance, Paris, violin, opera, Gaspard, Allard, Lune


Author

Rebecca
Rebecca

Athens, Attica, Greece



About
Hello, I'm Revekka :) I moved from deviantart to this lovely site, simply because the site was beyond annoying including the community. I'm sure I will enjoy my stay here. more..

Writing