chapter 1

chapter 1

A Chapter by Luna Kusan

  I rushed through the woods trying to escape the hounds of the unseelie court. My own court..my own mother chasing me down like an animal just because I refused to go to court with her. Ugh! I resent this with a passion along with this damned court! I am Aralbellyan' Snowmyra Tallyan. The only daughter of the queen Mab of the unseelie court. I rushed intothe edge of the unseelie woods, but failed to escape. A guard grabbed me and held me against him.
 "Let me go you b*****d! Now!" I shouted.
 "Princess calm down. Your mother wants you to come back to the palace so you can get ready for Esylium in the Seelie court." His voice was deep almost scary.
 "I honestly care not. None of it matters to me."
 "Please behave. We told her we took you out to hunt before it was time for you to get ready. If you do this one thing for us we will gladly take you hunting when you return. This we swear."
  "Swear," I asked softly. "Alright. I will. I, Ara, swear to behave and not sneak off again and will not sneak off during or hunt like I just did. I shall behave during Esylium. This I swear." I said calmly.
 The head gaurd of my mother's elite time sighed in relief. Oh happy day for him, huh? Mother won't kill any of them today. B******s...Esylium another party representing the treaty between the unseelie and the seelie courts. Oh how I hated it with a passion. I pushed my soft blue hair out of my face, but let my bangs stay over my eyes. Slipping on to the gaurd's horse that thankfully did not snort at me or sneeze on me I set off towards the palace. I am sure my mother will be happy to know I have returned, but maybe I shouldnmt have run off from the gaurds during our hunt. As we arrived to the palace Malian met us at the gate. She was my wardrobe maker. As beautiful as she was noone messed with her. I looked at her with an unreadable expression as she helped me from the black steed. It wasn't long before I was in the bathroom preparing for Esylium. I rested I'm the hot water as Nelos and Zelika did my nails and toe nails. Nelos and Zelika were Malian's helpers. Even from in here I could hear her yelling about what fabric she wants and what color would be best. Even what make I should wear. It wasn't long till I was standing before her in only my satin blue panties and bra. Oh hell how I hated expulsion.
 I hate showing any part of myself to anyone! Malian was gentle with me like normal. They always treat me with care since my mother would have their heads if they hurt me in any form. Good thing I am an only child. I am not sure I would be able to share the spotlight my mother gives me. Then again if it is court they could gladly have it since it is so terribly boring in there. I felt the soft cotton like fabric ingross me. It clung to my body, the front stopping at my mid thigh andthe back stretching to the floor like a train. It was black with waves of blue shining when the light hit it. It was beautiful of course.
 Malian had me slip iinto a pair of flats that matched the dress. The only make up they put on me was black eye liner. I looked so pale that I could have past for a ghost even though my skin is relatively tanned compared to most unseelies. Sighing I ploped down and grabbed a book, the war of all against all. Yes I dabble with human things. Waiting for time to go faster I read to the middle of the book then sat it down right before a guard walked in with Malian. She smiled a wicked smile and gave me my dagger. I place it on my upper thigh. Like hell will I trust any of those damned Seelies.
  "Your mother has sent for you. It is time for you, the queen, and the top two elite guards to leave." Her voice was almost like honey but was still cold and rigid.
  Then again that is how most Unseelies' voices are, but they were melodic as well. Either way I only responded with a nod. They guided me down stairs to the court yard after I double checked that the dagger was safely in place. Malian slipped her hand into my dress and removed the dagger giving me a scornful look.
 "I didn't think you would actually try to take it. I will send to extra guards just in case. No worries alright? They will be breaking the treaty if they attack you princess. They will also break it if they attack queen Mab. Just be careful. Listen to the guards appointed to you." She said in a very hushed whisper that sent chills down my spine.
 I nodded a reply as quickly as I could, careful not to show a single emotion. I stood still as I watched my mother cascade down the grand stairs and into the court yard with four elite guards. Esylium is going to end horribly. I already know it will. For the name of queen Mab somebody save me!
 "Ara, there you are my daughter. Now remember that the iron court will also be there. So behave as best as you can or else I might have to lock you in your room for the rest of summer's reign. Do you understand, princess?"
 "Yes my queen." I said quietly almost to quiet for her to hear.
 "Good. Then to Esylium we go." She said proudly before turning to walk towards the horses.
 I folowed refusing to speak as we walked to the mares and steeds. As we took to the woods I stayed quiet. The sun was setting now and by the time we get to Seelie court it should be down all the way to expose the full moon. Oh how I wish it will amd soon...


© 2013 Luna Kusan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A nice beginning but it would have been better if the paragraphs were spaced out and if the dialogue was too but I know you wrote this on your phone. I look the other two picgures you chose by the way. The whole hunting thing reminds me of ash but they are related so...I look forward to reading more.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I agree with Daydreamer54, the spacing matters, use shift and enter to create the spaces (: Will be rooting for you~

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A nice beginning but it would have been better if the paragraphs were spaced out and if the dialogue was too but I know you wrote this on your phone. I look the other two picgures you chose by the way. The whole hunting thing reminds me of ash but they are related so...I look forward to reading more.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 19, 2013
Last Updated on April 29, 2013


Author

Luna Kusan
Luna Kusan

Griffin, GA



About
http://www.glogster.com/lunakin/myglogster Name: Luna Kusan House of Night: Sylien, Priestess Affinity:All five elements, deaeth, true sight, mind reading, move things with mind. Familiar:.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Luna Kusan


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Luna Kusan