Rose In My Ear

Rose In My Ear

A Chapter by Gabriel Firebrand
"

She loved to sing.

"

This story is a follow-up to Kiss.

Still devastated by the facts I received, I consulted a female friend of mine on what I should do next.

"Well, I think, but this is only from my perspective, that the things that remind you of her the most... ...you've gotta get rid of them."



She loved to sing.



I was never a really good singer. I had a bad voice, actually, which can cause me to go out-of-tune while singing at times.


But she had a voice that mesmerized me every time.




She never really sang to me as sweet as like, a mother singing a lullaby to a child, but deep inside I wanted to experience that. I wanted to feel special.

She was special, everywhere she went. Her voice was something that made her known.




There was this song she kept on singing whenever we were together, and it was after I put a rose in her ear when we were playing at a garden...


You give me a rose, and put it in my ear. You held my hand and told me that you'd be here.

When everything seems wrong, when everything's not too clear.

You make me feel strong, I know you're always near.

 

I've never heard it except from her, and I though it was a real song. She later revealed it was a little song she wrote just for me!



I couldn't be any happier.





"Well, I think, but this is only from my perspective, that the things that remind you of her the most... ...you've gotta get rid of them."


And so I did. I got rid of all our pictures, and all the recordings of her song she did. All the sweet love letters, I threw away. All the sweet text messages I deleted from my phone.



Just then, I received a text.


It was from her.




You give me a ring, and my heart skipped a beat. You kneeled and put it on my finger, in the middle of the street.

You gave me a kiss, and said all my troubles you would fight.

I was so full of bliss, everything felt all right.


It was a group text.



I knew it wasn't a text just for me.



It was for somebody else...




 

...but she had to show the whole world, didn't she?



© 2011 Gabriel Firebrand


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on July 9, 2011
Last Updated on July 9, 2011


Author

Gabriel Firebrand
Gabriel Firebrand

Gotham City



About
My ultimate dream is to be a comic book writer. How can I do that, when there are many hindrances in the way of my dream? First off, I live in the Philippines, so if I actually become a comic bo.. more..

Writing
29 29

A Poem by Gabriel Firebrand